Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Remove your turbocharger

slopoke

Does anyone know the pitch and thread count of the header bolts? I sheared one pretty bad and want to tap out the hole with a bottom tap.
I'm currently at work now, but when I get home, I'll run a stud through a thread pitch gauge. I'll post it up, unless someone beats me to it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
M8. You can count the threads below. Pitch looks like 1.25. You can also take a nut off one of the other studs to confirm tap and pitch specs.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thanks slopoke. Unfortunately they don't sell the nut with it and the one on the old stud is crimped on. Ill have to go pick up a nut for it tomorrow from autozone but all holes are tapped and headers are on for the most part.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Edit: by the way, if anyone's wondering, the stud on the end is a size e7. If your putting a new stud in without a crimped bolt you'll need this to get the stud out if you ever decide to put on new headers or rewrap them. Something I went ahead and invested in.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Good luck, your not going to find the right nut at the hardware store. It’s self locking, not crimped on. It’s designed that way. Also, IIRC a 5mm socket can be used to remove and install the stud. No special tool needed. If the old nut is not destroyed you can reuse it, just got to know how to remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a PDF of the frust post in this thread or something similar that still has all the pictures? Diving in to swap the turbo, and this thread is what everyone always references.