Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grill on top of MTF Screen

Is the speaker grill on top of the MTF display screen for a center channel speaker similar to the 10 speaker system in the Focus or is it where the engine sound is piped into.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Engine "symposer" is pipped in through behind the dash. I'm thinking that grill on top is for the audio system.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, does this mean we have a 9 speaker system or is there room for one more speaker that wasn't installed at the factory. Nothing in the manual on an extra mid channel speaker. Hard to get a light in there to see..

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I was reading up on this a bit more and we seem to only have 8 speakers with the upgraded Sony audio system. Hopefully it's not another cost saving method from Ford.

Inside, things are just as expressive. The cell phone-inspired dashboard and available leather steering wheel and seats amplify the modern interior and entice drivers to get in the car and get on the move. A selection of ambient lighting options allows Fiesta drivers to set just the mood they want. Also available is a new Sony? HD audio/satellite radio with eight premium speakers for drivers to more fully appreciate their music.

Yeah that looks more like a vent so the radio system doesnt over heat or something, doubt its actually a speaker. And if it was it must be inside the receiver unit itself. Its too close to the screen too.

One would assume that having a touch screen and computer in the dash that the heat needs to go somewhere. This would also help in overall operation and reliability for the electronics. I'm guessing to vent the heat and airflow for the sync system.

That's what I'm thinking, too. I saw that I do have it, just something I never noticed before. If you're ever on a longer drive, and are using the nav screen, especially. You can feel the heat coming off the unit, just by putting your hand around the area.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I contacted Ford and was told that there is a tweeter under that grill.