Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking to host a major Ford Fiesta meet - Need Suggestions

I'm looking to host/help creating a big Ford Fiesta meet which essentially can turn into a yearly tradition. Where are Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, and Washington DC region people? Who would be interested in something like this? If so, where, when, would be good for you? How far are you willing to travel?

How about somthing like this; http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/worldsend/index.htm
Might be neat to do somthing like this in the fall with the leaves still on the trees. Cabins and tents are avalible in the area. Not hard to get there from the PA/NJ or NYC. (right off RT 87). Its 3.5 hours from NYC and 3 from Philly. (edit; 4hrs from Pittsburgh too)
I have not been there yet, pics and reveiws look good tho.
But really its called WORLDS END, cant be to hard to come up with a cool theme/tag line!

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I checked it out and it seems pretty cool. I also posted a similar thread on another Fiesta forum. They are more inclined to meeting up at a race track for a track day.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
As far as any open track day as in HPDE format you dont need any additional safety equipment, just the driver mod and a helmet. Most of the times, instructors are available for first time drivers but not required. The only thing they require is to remove all loose items from the car.

OP
J
Thread Starter #13
There's so many options to choose from. 1/4 mile racing, track events, go karts, picnic, and so much more. If everyone is willing to travel, we could get a few more people to come. I know there's a club in NY and MD so I'm sure those people would join. Any other ideas?

I think a nice road track day would cover it all. fast driving, bunch of cars n people, bring food, and it will be a good time!

OP
J
Thread Starter #17
I'm in for a March date. Do you wanna include all Fiesta's (non-ST) and Focus ST and non? or just a Fiesta and Focus ST? I say, the bigger the better but what do you guys think? Once we have the first one, it can be a yearly tradition. Opinions needed please :)

k757

I'm in for a March date. Do you wanna include all Fiesta's (non-ST) and Focus ST and non? or just a Fiesta and Focus ST? I say, the bigger the better but what do you guys think? Once we have the first one, it can be a yearly tradition. Opinions needed please :)
All parties.

I'm sure if this is big enough we can get some NY people out there.

OP
J
Thread Starter #20
Sounds like a plan. Hows does a meet in Philadelphia, PA sound? Then go somewhere to take pics, and then cruise to NJMP for karting?