Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Purchased some used OZ Ultraleggera wheels - No hubcentric rings

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Anyone know the hub size of the OZ Ultraleggera wheels? These are the 17 x 7", 4 x 108, et42 wheels. I'd like to get the aluminum rings so I can do a trial fit before I send them off for powdercoating. Thanks. I believe the ST hub is 63 mm (63.4?). Do these install like a bearing (tight fit, or are they a slip fit? Never had to use hubcentrics on my Mustang.

I asked Tire rack but I doubt that they will reply.[;)]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have had them both tight and loose fitting and yes the FiST is 63.3 hub bore. I would lean towards a non plastic ring also as the heat from the brakes could get them too warm. I know they make Aluminum one just have to find them.. Measure the wheel hub bore and then go shopping :)
My last car need the rings tapped in with a block of wood and a hammer they were that tight and I have had them stick on the hub while changing tires or checking brake pads the joy of corrosion. But for this car I won't use plastic after melting my TD center caps while doing a track day early on and forgetting to turn off ESC lol ooops

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Rodmoe. Amazon has aluminum ones for about $20.00 or less. Just wanted to get a jump on ordering them.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
What do the OZ wheels measure out to in the hub ? like a 74 mm or something ?
And Glad to help :)

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I don't have them yet. Just bought them from Flurry. I would assume they are 74mm, but I'll wait until I can measure them. Now I need to decide what color to powder coat them. I'm thinking maybe blue, but a flat blue, a little lighter shade than the performance blue (They're black now). I used a place in Riverside that did a good job on my Brembos for my Mustang, and they use prismatic powders, so I'll probably pick something from that website. I'm not going to white and blue unless I can find some pads that dont leave so much dust as the OEMS. I was thinking monotone would probably be better, and less expensive.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup I think a Blue wheel will look nice on the car .. but then I am Bias'd lol

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
This is what Tire rack told me about the correct hub centric rings: "Should be part # EFS75/63 - 75mm center bore on the wheel." 63mm is the hub diameter and 75mm is the OZ wheel diameter. I was told this by two Tire Rack employees.

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I think the OZ Ultras are 74.1 with an ID ring of 63.4 for the FiST hub. I decided to wait until I get the wheels on Monday to measure them, and then buy the hub centric aluminum rings. I did buy the Gorilla lug nuts. Im going to powder coat these also. I was thinking yellow. With Blue wheels.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Anyone know the hub size of the OZ Ultraleggera wheels? These are the 17 x 7", 4 x 108, et42 wheels. I'd like to get the aluminum rings so I can do a trial fit before I send them off for powdercoating. Thanks. I believe the ST hub is 63 mm (63.4?). Do these install like a bearing (tight fit, or are they a slip fit? Never had to use hubcentrics on my Mustang.

I asked Tire rack but I doubt that they will reply.[;)]
According to to tireracks included hardware tab hub rings and lug nuts are included:
"The following wheel-specific hardware will be included with your order at no additional charge.

(4) Required centering ring
(16) Required lugnut for vehicle (nickel plated)"

You need to call them and have them ship them out to you.

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I bought my wheels used, so no lugs or rings from tire rack. After they arrived and I inspected then, it turns out the hub centric rings were already installed. I got the correct size lug nuts from Gorilla.

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Wheels are at the powder coaters. Should be done by Wednesday. Then my tires go on these wheels next weekend. Pics to follow.