Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Change

Just did my first oil change today (very easy by the way) I've always ran Royal Purple and K&N filters. Just wondering what is everybody's choice for oil in 1.6 ecoboost engine?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I use Amsoil signature series 5w-30 and the Amsoil EA oil filter here in Florida.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I do it because of the heat here during the summer and I tend to drive pretty aggressively. It runs fine so I'll probably keep it year round.

OP
Xtreme545
Thread Starter #5
I do it because of the heat here during the summer and I tend to drive pretty aggressively. It runs fine so I'll probably keep it year round.
Gotcha, that's what I was thinking 👍

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What Ford puts in. Ha. I did a full synthetic oil change the first time around but this time I just went with the regular semi synthetic, as a part of their works package they offer.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am getting my changed this week and I am planning on using Mobil 1 5W-20 full synthetic. I used the same oil in my 2011 Fiesta and use 5W-30 Mobil 1 in my Mustang. I use the Ford filters in all my cars. We use the Ford synthetic blend in our Escape EcoBoost because we have a service package that covers free oil changes. I know Ford suggests a 10,000 mile oil change interval, but I think that is really pushing it. Planning on going 5,000 miles on the blend in the Escape, and 7000 with full synthetic in the ST. I used the 7000 mile interval on my ZX3 and SVT Focus. My Mustang gets changed once a year and I bet it doesn't have more than a few thousand miles on the oil.