Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Virtual Dyno Results Thread

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm 220lbs, but I also carry a lot of tools around with me because I don't have a garage/shop at home. So when I work on my car, I have to goto friends house's. My car on the scale is like 2720lbs with no one in it and no tools. When I first bought it, I weighed it at 2680lbs, but car seats and all that "stuff" I guess as added weight.

My 2990 weight would swing depending on fuel, I'm sure if you look at some of my other VD's, the weight is lower on some as well.

Since I haven't been doing VD, tuning, or even having my access port on the window, I can't even remember What is was, but I weighed the car with 1/2 tank of fuel. Then based on a full tank or close to emty tank I would figure +\- 35 or 40lbs for fuel weight. If I was low on fuel, I subtracted 40, if I was on a topped off tank I added 40lbs.

Bammmm... I just remembered. My GF is exactly 100lbs. Some of the pulls would be on our way home from dinner. Most my pulls were not with her. But not like she cares. Sometimes she'd say, "fiesty is moving today". Sometimes she'd say, " did you turn it down? It doesn't feel as fast". 9/10 my reply was "its on ethanol" when it was slow I'd say, "i have 't got a chance to get e85 this week", lol.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The tire size is a huge factor with my car vs most other people on the forum. My tires are a good bit taller, and if that is not figured in, it changes the reading a lot.

TempeST

If I grab a Log for someone would anyone be willing to do a vdyno for my car?

My Mac doesn't allow me to install the program.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If I grab a Log for someone would anyone be willing to do a vdyno for my car?

My Mac doesn't allow me to install the program.
If no one else does in the next couple days, I will.
Just make sure you have a throttle position (actual) in the log. And make it a single gear pull. Start datalog,
Wot, red line, stop datalog.
Also going to need to your actual tire size and actual car weight.

TempeST

If no one else does in the next couple days, I will.
Just make sure you have a throttle position (actual) in the log. And make it a single gear pull. Start datalog,
Wot, red line, stop datalog.
Also going to need to your actual tire size and actual car weight.
Thanks SS, you're busy enough building Cyborgs and stuff, I don't wanna take you away from your girlfriend anymore than you need to be. I can wait. I'm showing a friend of mine that has a Windows 'purer how to set it up. I'll have it eventually. Just need to find a way to run it on my Mac. I just wanted a quick solution is all. If anyone could do it real quick. I have the log already. Car weight, my weight, slight incline, girlfriend in car weight, etc

so if you start logging from a stop and go slow until u get in third then mash it does it change the reading at all? why r some ppl on stage 3 tunes seeing the same numbers as some with stage 1? ie 195... is it weather? I just plugged everything in correctly and put the smoothing on 3 says 186 and 275 wtf?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
so if you start logging from a stop and go slow until u get in third then mash it does it change the reading at all? why r some ppl on stage 3 tunes seeing the same numbers as some with stage 1? ie 195... is it weather? I just plugged everything in correctly and put the smoothing on 3 says 186 and 275 wtf?
It doesn't change anything but probably would look weird in a V-Dyno if it's not truncated. Ensure your variables are all correct (weight, tire size, etc) and do a couple if back up runs to verify. Also, stage 3 isn't far from stage 1 because the OEM turbo gets winded quickly.

It doesn't change anything but probably would look weird in a V-Dyno if it's not truncated. Ensure your variables are all correct (weight, tire size, etc) and do a couple if back up runs to verify. Also, stage 3 isn't far from stage 1 because the OEM turbo gets winded quickly.
yea I put tire 23.5 all the variables correct I double checked but it was like 95degrees out but I entered that in to. I just went out and did two more runs tho in 75degree weather one in each direction I got 200/226 and 198/277 smoothing 3? whats up with the different torque?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
yea I put tire 23.5 all the variables correct I double checked but it was like 95degrees out but I entered that in to. I just went out and did two more runs tho in 75degree weather one in each direction I got 200/226 and 198/277 smoothing 3? whats up with the different torque?
Without seeing your logs I'm going to assume that it's either a starting RPM difference or an incline in the road. Just like any other dyno, V-dyno outputs are only as good as the measured inputs.

Without seeing your logs I'm going to assume that it's either a starting RPM difference or an incline in the road. Just like any other dyno, V-dyno outputs are only as good as the measured inputs.
ok yea on one of the logs I hit the button right before I floored it and I think it started registering a tiny bit late. if I got two similar numbers for hp one going each way back to back, is that pretty accurate? 200/whp on 91 in 75degree weather is not bad for stock turbo right? that's like 205-210 in 50degree weather?

the temp reading on the vdyno isn't to accurate for our turbo cars is it?

dyn085

2000 Post Club
ok yea on one of the logs I hit the button right before I floored it and I think it started registering a tiny bit late. if I got two similar numbers for hp one going each way back to back, is that pretty accurate? 200/whp on 91 in 75degree weather is not bad for stock turbo right? that's like 205-210 in 50degree weather?

the temp reading on the vdyno isn't to accurate for our turbo cars is it?
If your charts are similar in both directions then the road should be pretty flat. The key is just making sure that you keep everything as similar as possible when doing your runs if you're intending on comparing them or using them for data analysis. You should also see less than a 5 hp difference between smoothing 1 and 6. I don't use temp corrections so I don't know where they stand.

If your charts are similar in both directions then the road should be pretty flat. The key is just making sure that you keep everything as similar as possible when doing your runs if you're intending on comparing them or using them for data analysis. You should also see less than a 5 hp difference between smoothing 1 and 6. I don't use temp corrections so I don't know where they stand.
yea theres a less then 5hp correction theres a 4hp correction. I see, I did runs in 95degree weather they were like 185hp though and in 75degree weather its 200hp. thanks for your help man

I'm happy I went out this morning in 60degree weather and got 202/271 I don't think the car was fully fully warm, then 204/289 on 91

Siestarider

inputting actual ambient temp and barometric pressure and then checking the "SAE" box will correct the data so you are not chasing weather results instead of performance. I was astonished that barometric pressure alone can make a 5 hp difference when a front came through. Just pull local weather up when you log, it will be exact enough.

inputting actual ambient temp and barometric pressure and then checking the "SAE" box will correct the data so you are not chasing weather results instead of performance. I was astonished that barometric pressure alone can make a 5 hp difference when a front came through. Just pull local weather up when you log, it will be exact enough.
yea but even when I change the temp on it there is still a big difference in power when its cooler, I think it doesn't correct as much for turbo cars. iv been changing the temps on vd and iv seen up to a 20-30 hp difference on the same road. one day it was 95degrees I was seeing 186 avg. this morning was 65 I was seeing 205

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
yea but even when I change the temp on it there is still a big difference in power when its cooler, I think it doesn't correct as much for turbo cars. iv been changing the temps on vd and iv seen up to a 20-30 hp difference on the same road. one day it was 95degrees I was seeing 186 avg. this morning was 65 I was seeing 205
Temps play a nice role in FI.

Siestarider

Laughing...Yeah, I lived in Bloomingdale a few years and about this time of year summer looks eons off. 73F high today, sunny and beautiful down here.