Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

gasoline overspill?

I've developed an issue recently where, if I let the gas pump (gas station pump) fill until auto-shutoff, the fill port will spill out gasoline, like it's being overfilled. But if I manually fill it to full (VERY slowly), it doesn't do it.

anybody else having a similar issue? If so, how did you solve it?

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Are you using the same station or pump?
Different pumps. and it's a recent thing. Have had the car for a few months but just recently started happening. Or maybe it's always happened and I just noticed it.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I've developed an issue recently where, if I let the gas pump (gas station pump) fill until auto-shutoff, the fill port will spill out gasoline, like it's being overfilled. But if I manually fill it to full (VERY slowly), it doesn't do it.

anybody else having a similar issue? If so, how did you solve it?
Had this problem while topping off.

I found that if I let the pump sit there for a moment after it is done pumping gas BEFORE i remove the pump nozzle from the tank neck, it doesn't overflow like that and you can fill the tank to full capacity.

But to the OP, not it's not just you.

OP
M
Thread Starter #8

I found that if I let the pump sit there for a moment after it is done pumping gas BEFORE i remove the pump nozzle from the tank neck, it doesn't overflow like that and you can fill the tank to full capacity.

But to the OP, not it's not just you.
It's not when I top off, though. It's when the gas is done pumping. If I pay and just let the station pump until it auto-shut-offs, it will spew out a noticeable amount. It's the weirdest thing. Like there's some vacuum being created or something.

^for me too.