Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anti Theft Alarm

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Anyone install or is gonna install one? If so what brand?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I prefer the Viper brand, anything with a 2-way remote would be good. 2-way remotes will let you know when your alarm goes off within a mile range.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Viper, Clifford, Python, etc are all the same company. You can't go wrong with either.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
How would an alarm work with the keyless entry. Would i have to carry around both remotes?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
How would an alarm work with the keyless entry. Would i have to carry around both remotes?

You will probably need to carry the alarm remote as well.

TheStig

FYI don't go for remote start. It is very tricky since we have manual cars for one thing, but the second part is since its keyless start, it just uses a proximity chip from the key. In order to have remote start, you have to sacrifice a key, they generally just mount it somewhere in the car so that when you press "start" the car thinks you are there since the key is there. But if anything were to go wrong with the alarm, or say you didn't lock it by chance, nothing is stopping someone from getting it, pressing start, and being gone. Since "technically" they have the key with them. As the car always has the "key" in it.

Really tricky crap. Basically Keyless entry = no remote start UNLESS its factory installed.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I just want motion triggering to help prevent wheel theft but dont wan to carry two remotes.

STooge

Have them and wont stop a dedicated thief. There are thieves who can remove them in 5 mins
DANG haha that is really no good. That sounds not so bueno tapping into this car like that though. I mean, if you want to it should work just fine, then its the dreaded 2 remote situation [8]