Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST Short Throw Shift Lever

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

I installed my short shifter and shifter base bushings today and if all would have gone smoothly it would have taken maybe 45 minutes. I got the shifter out in about 15 minutes. Got the shifter installed in the base in about 15 and got the base and most of the interior back in about 10 minutes.... but then I ran into a problem. The lockout was getting stuck. After about an hour of messing with it I got the dermal out with a sanding wheel and bored it out a little bit. The problem was it was too tight. No matter how much lithium grease used it would not slide easily. After I boared it out everything was perfect. If you're installing the shifter Bass bushings it helps if you wrap a little bit of Teflon tape or something similar around the bottom half so that it fits snugly in the shifter bass and doesn't fall out when you try and install it.

J2FoRS

... but then I ran into a problem. The lockout was getting stuck. After about an hour of messing with it I got the dermal out with a sanding wheel and bored it out a little bit. The problem was it was too tight. No matter how much lithium grease used it would not slide easily. After I boared it out everything was perfect.
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]
[MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION]

What say you? Insight? I'm doing mine this Saturday. :/

Thanks for posting ST_JOE.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club

If I recall and it was a while ago mine fit ok but needed to wear in at first it was a little lazy or tight fitting causing it to let the rev lock out slide back slowly with a mechanical sound now it works like factory.. Like all our cars they are not built to exacting tolerances otherwise I would not have had to adjust the short shifter(not Boomba) when I installed that years ago it seems lol (part of modding cars is getting then how You like them right ? )

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #65

This is the first issue we have heard this kind. Like rodmoe said - almost sounds like a manufacturing variation in that specific car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
LMAO! Subtle hint there bro? [;)] [giggle]
I don't think he was subtle about the Canadian thanksgiving next weekend. I personally plan to cook to much food and over eat.

*coughinghewantswingriserscoughpasssomeloveusupnorthcoughhaveasaleforcanadacough*

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
New owner of a 2014 CPO. Thinking about the Ultimate Shift Package (http://www.boombaracing.com/boomba-racing-fiesta-st-ultimate-shift-package/). Is this 10% discount still active, and if so, how to apply it to an online order?

Thanks in advance.
It says combos excluded. Not sure if the discount will work with the ultimate shift package. Might have to just add to cart and type in the promo code to see. Or wait for Boomba to reply

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #75
It says combos excluded. Not sure if the discount will work with the ultimate shift package. Might have to just add to cart and type in the promo code to see. Or wait for Boomba to reply
Ultimate shift package will not work with the coupon code. However if you add each item to your cart individually and use the coupon code, it ends up being a few bucks cheaper than the ultimate shift package.

Waterfan

Can't figure out the coupon code on your online ordering page. What's the trick?