Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST Short Throw Shift Lever

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #81
Quite a few of these went out this week! Plenty left in-stock!

jeff

2000 Post Club
A+ for Boomba, today I installed my short shift lever.....go get one....a few thoughts:

- install is simple, Ford makes it easy to work with their cars, about 1.5 hours total
- a small bit more effort required to shift but no big deal
- the bend in the lever really makes a difference in the feel and shifting
- throws and shift gate are both reduced
- PRO TIP for install: I lost 3 of those white clips when removing the dash areas despite being very careful....they pop off and shoot into the innards of the car.....I recovered 2 of them but for the life of me could not find the third....if this happens to you just steal one from one of the side panels so you'll have all 6 for the front A/C panel.

Within a few days I will probably forget how nice of a change this makes....but if you're reading this, while it's a bit pricey, catch one on sale, it's a very nice improvement.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89
A+ for Boomba, today I installed my short shift lever.....go get one....a few thoughts:

- install is simple, Ford makes it easy to work with their cars, about 1.5 hours total
- PRO TIP for install: I lost 3 of those white clips when removing the dash areas despite being very careful....they pop off and shoot into the innards of the car.....I recovered 2 of them but for the life of me could not find the third....if this happens to you just steal one from one of the side panels so you'll have all 6 for the front A/C panel.

Within a few days I will probably forget how nice of a change this makes....but if you're reading this, while it's a bit pricey, catch one on sale, it's a very nice improvement.
Thanks for the review! We love hearing thorough feedback like this. Those little clips can be a pain and sometimes really seem to have a mind of their own.

Enjoy the improved shifting experience! This is such a gratifying modification because it is something you touch every single time you drive your car.

is it possible to change the angle or remove it on the billet shifter? I use a piston style knob and the angle would render my knob useless.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Speaking of the angle, it is awesome but one issue I had since I am 6'3" and have long arms - the position of my elbow with the angled shifter places it right on that hard Ford armrest. I mocked up a temporary padded armrest which solved the problem completely. I have a real padded leather one on order from redlinegoods. So some folks with longer forearms might consider this if you go with the short/angled shifter.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

How you enjoying this so far?

jeff

2000 Post Club
How you enjoying this so far?
I love it every time I drive the car. I highly recommend getting a soft pad for your armrest though, with the lever bent towards the driver it changes ergonomics and my elbow at least ended up hitting the hard armrest which was not comfortable so I installed a padded armrest and now it is awesome.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I love it every time I drive the car. I highly recommend getting a soft pad for your armrest though, with the lever bent towards the driver it changes ergonomics and my elbow at least ended up hitting the hard armrest which was not comfortable so I installed a padded armrest and now it is awesome.
I have their adapter and every gear change is clunk clunk, I even did the linkage reset. The cars become so annoying to drive ..

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I have their adapter and every gear change is clunk clunk, I even did the linkage reset. The cars become so annoying to drive ..
Don't think its the Boomba parts. Ran them for 8 months. I had similar and for the last week after I changed the tranny fluids it is butter smooth no clunk clunk. I used Royal Purple Syncromax.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I don't think the part is the cause of your problem, my car is buttery smooth.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It's never been buttery smooth, when I engage the gear (upshift) I hear something mechanical and the car usually has a disconnect for a second.

Don't think its the Boomba parts. Ran them for 8 months. I had similar and for the last week after I changed the tranny fluids it is butter smooth no clunk clunk. I used Royal Purple Syncromax.
Been running Liqui-Moly ATF for a few months , no diff

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
It's never been buttery smooth, when I engage the gear (upshift) I hear something mechanical and the car usually has a disconnect for a second.

Been running Liqui-Moly ATF for a few months , no diff