Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter KIT

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have the under the hood ones, but the ones you just released are the shifter base ones?

And they both do the same thing, just at different areas, correct?

Great and I just ordered the lever a few days ago. I could of saved on shipping. I'll skip the new bushings I guess

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Here is a update from my install DO NOT Pry on the little white tabs on the shifter rod bushings to remove them only tap on the White Plastic from the back side or you run the risk of snapping a little tab off and will need to find it and glue it back on or replace it with a new on if you are so inclined rather than use a two tab bushing vs a three tab bushing from the factory. More to come later the hardest part so far was getting the counsole plastic apart .. I hate that sound of little plastic parts coming apart ;) lol

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
That be them..
Thanks I still have to develop the film in the camera for my pics .. no wait what .. LOL I'll post up pics once i get it buttoned up..
LOL film still is best quality pictures, right? Or did I get stuck in 1995?

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
Shift quicker and more accurately with these two parts! In-stock and ready to ship.

Got the short shifter and base bushings installed at modbargains yesterday. Shifting feels tighter and overall improved. They didn't have time to install the transmission bushings cause they had some difficulty with the shifter install.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Got the short shifter and base bushings installed at modbargains yesterday. Shifting feels tighter and overall improved. They didn't have time to install the transmission bushings cause they had some difficulty with the shifter install.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you, and how long did it take?

Took them ~2 hours for the shifter and base bushings, they mentioned they had some trouble with a spring on the lever. This was their first time doing this so its understandable, and Dave wanted to take his time to do it right. they charge 85/hr but i had a 50$ credit so it came out to 120 for me. Im sure it would take a bit less time now that they have done it. They estimated another 1.5 hours to do the transmission bushings since they had to pull out a bunch of stuff to get to it

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Which setting did you use bobjob? Or did I miss that on my tiny phone screen ??

It came in position 3 so I left it there. Feels great! They were looking at your install thread but their Internet got killed right after they started so they might of been flying blind on part of it on the spring pulling