Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Short Shifter KIT

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Installed it yesterday and it seems a little knotchy in a bad way when shifting to the down gears (2nd, 4th and 6th) and it even popped outta gear when down shifting into 2n . I thought it would be as smooth as stock but with a shorter throw. I have the base bushings and a mountune quick shift that has been installed for 6 months.

Here is a update from my install DO NOT Pry on the little white tabs on the shifter rod bushings to remove them only tap on the White Plastic from the back side or you run the risk of snapping a little tab off and will need to find it and glue it back on or replace it with a new on if you are so inclined rather than use a two tab bushing vs a three tab bushing from the factory. More to come later the hardest part so far was getting the counsole plastic apart .. I hate that sound of little plastic parts coming apart ;) lol
Funny, I had to remove the console plastic twice and both times lost 3 clips that I had to search for for over an hour, even had to completely remove the shifter with base to get to a one of them. After installation my reverse lock out doesn't slide properly so I have have to remove the console again and have been dreading hearing those plastic bits falling into the pit of death behind the console haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, I had to remove the console plastic twice and both times lost 3 clips that I had to search for for over an hour, even had to completely remove the shifter with base to get to a one of them. After installation my reverse lock out doesn't slide properly so I have have to remove the console again and have been dreading hearing those plastic bits falling into the pit of death behind the console haha.
Dreading this^^^

Those clips may have almost given me a stroke with my ocd lol, but on a brighter note, my reverse lock out started working again without anything more then removing, holding the lock out and inner bit together, sliding it down, clicking it into the base, and pulling it out as far as the boot would allow, reinstalling the knob and testing, then basically repeating a couple of more times. Got it to work perfectly again in just a few minutes, feels stock, and Luckily I didn't have to take anything apart.

I've got to tell you though, been on the boomba full short throw kit with adapter plate, all bushings, and shift lever for about three days now, and for sure even with all the challenges of the install for me, it was 100% worth it, car feels completely different. If I had to I would do it all over again to have this feel and responsiveness on my drives. Hope the feeling lasts indefinitely.

And having this mod paired with the COBB RMM is just smooth as butter. Think I may have to drive a stock fist in a few months time to remind myself how great my car feels haha. I'm definitely satisfied with the mod even through the frustration of those damn clips, good luck with that, hopefully they (most of them) stay put.

Last edited:
Those clips may have almost given me a stroke with my ocd lol, but on a brighter note, my reverse lock out started working again without anything more then removing, holding the lock out and inner bit together, sliding it down, clicking it into the base, and pulling it out as far as the boot would allow, reinstalling the knob and testing, then basically repeating a couple of more times. Got it to work perfectly again in just a few minutes, feels stock, and Luckily I didn't have to take anything apart.

I've got to tell you though, been on the boomba full short throw kit with adapter plate, all bushings, and shift lever for about three days now, and for sure even with all the challenges of the install for me, it was 100% worth it, car feels completely different. If I had to I would do it all over again to have this feel and responsiveness on my drives. Hope the feeling lasts indefinitely.

And having this mod paired with the COBB RMM is just smooth as butter. Think I may have to drive a stock fist in a few months time to remind myself how great my car feels haha. I'm definitely satisfied with the mod even through the frustration of those damn clips, good luck with that, hopefully they (most of them) stay put.
Yep bought the plastic interior removal tools today, will get the interior done before June is over. Gonna wait for the trans work when I either install an intercooler or charge pipes or something I actually have to remove parts for, lol lazy!

At least you didn't snap the tab holding the side shifter arm in place. I couldn't believe how brittle it was, looks like I need a new shift assembly to get a proper fit.

Last edited:
At least you didn't snap the tab holding the side shifter arm in place. I couldn't believe how brittle it was, looks like I need a new shift assembly to get a proper fit.
Actually I did, didn't realize it for a day. Was very easy to get a three inch 1/4-20 3inch bolt to attach. Just drill out the side shifter arm a little bit then continue on through the main body then bolt together! Works perfect, also realized that once you unclip the cable connectors they never really like to stay on the main shortshifter ball. Also easily remedied with some heavy duty zip ties(ones with metal clip inside the lock).

Been retrofitting and playing with it for a week and am finally happy with the "repairs".

Actually I did, didn't realize it for a day. Was very easy to get a three inch 1/4-20 3inch bolt to attach. Just drill out the side shifter arm a little bit then continue on through the main body then bolt together! Works perfect, also realized that once you unclip the cable connectors they never really like to stay on the main shortshifter ball. Also easily remedied with some heavy duty zip ties(ones with metal clip inside the lock).

Been retrofitting and playing with it for a week and am finally happy with the "repairs".
Nice! Did you happen to take any photos of it? I did something similar buy adding a wire brace, but I'm not too sure if it will hold over time.

Nice! Did you happen to take any photos of it? I did something similar buy adding a wire brace, but I'm not too sure if it will hold over time.
I didn't take pics but I can this week! Pretty confident that it will stay they way I got it and it feels perfect too.

IMG_2848.JPG IMG_2847.JPG
So this is what I did to keep the cable cup attached to the actuator ball. In the pictures it looks binding but it isn't at all. Also since theyre plastic I wanted to set the zipties up so that they don't move or flex because that would obviously lead to failure. Pics aren't great but there is one zip tie through the adjustable screw holes and one around the back of the cup. Then I threaded one on either side of the cup so nothing would move around. Put a little syn grease in the cup and everything goes 'snikt, snikt, snikt'. Don't like to backyard engineer stuff, but still very happy with the mod!

I have the Mountune QuickShift with the Bomba Short Shifter plus Shifter Base Bushings and it hands down a great combo. Shift is short and sticks. Love the feel of the shifter. Have you thought about getting the Shifter Base Bushings?

Will your short shifter work with the Mountune QuickShift?