Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J Intake

Just installed the 2J Intake on my 2018 FiST. I have to say I love it. Day one I was really concerned with just how loud it was. A gas tank later I am enjoying the sound without it being overbearing and it certainly feels like there is more torque available. In cabin videos to come shortly. I also plan on running down the road with the db meter in view.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just installed the 2J Intake on my 2018 FiST. I have to say I love it. Day one I was really concerned with just how loud it was. A gas tank later I am enjoying the sound without it being overbearing and it certainly feels like there is more torque available. In cabin videos to come shortly. I also plan on running down the road with the db meter in view.
any freeway trips yet? I don't mind it so much, but I tossed in some low nrr earplugs and don't even notice it (the constant hoovering). I do kinda wish it was a 5 minute swap to/from the 2j though.

sidebar: I drive with low nrr earplugs a lot, so its not weird to me.

OP
The Cuzi
Thread Starter #3
any freeway trips yet? I don't mind it so much, but I tossed in some low nrr earplugs and don't even notice it (the constant hoovering). I do kinda wish it was a 5 minute swap to/from the 2j though.
sidebar: I drive with low nrr earplugs a lot, so its not weird to me.
Ha, totally understand the earpro! I highly modified a AP1 S2000 last year and it was absurdly loud. I used to throw gummys in if the trip was going to be over an hour.

For freeway driving, yes. About 60 miles of my daily trek is in >70mph zones. The 2J is audible but still tolerable. I'll try stretching out on a few two or three hour trips to see if the sound starts getting to me.

I really bought the 2J for the claimed heat sync advanatge. Typically on a cool day (60s-70s) with sustained movement (on OEM setup) the turbo inlet air temperatures were about 15-20f over ambient with charge temps about 3f over ambient. This is not spirited driving but sustained cruse control / low boost - much easier to replicate with consistency then driving agressively. With the 2J in the same situations I have seen as low as 6f over ambient with charge temps 1f over ambient (on OEM IC). That being said I noticed that in stop and go traffic or low airflow periods the 2J actually warms up much faster then OEM. Certainly wasn't what I was expecting but we'll see how it pans out after a longer period of observation. I will note the 2J seems to race up to 100-110f and kinda plateau. Where the OEM seems to just keep climbing past those temps.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Ha, totally understand the earpro! I highly modified a AP1 S2000 last year and it was absurdly loud. I used to throw gummys in if the trip was going to be over an hour.

For freeway driving, yes. About 60 miles of my daily trek is in >70mph zones. The 2J is audible but still tolerable. I'll try stretching out on a few two or three hour trips to see if the sound starts getting to me.

I really bought the 2J for the claimed heat sync advanatge. Typically on a cool day (60s-70s) with sustained movement (on OEM setup) the turbo inlet air temperatures were about 15-20f over ambient with charge temps about 3f over ambient. This is not spirited driving but sustained cruse control / low boost - much easier to replicate with consistency then driving agressively. With the 2J in the same situations I have seen as low as 6f over ambient with charge temps 1f over ambient (on OEM IC). That being said I noticed that in stop and go traffic or low airflow periods the 2J actually warms up much faster then OEM. Certainly wasn't what I was expecting but we'll see how it pans out after a longer period of observation. I will note the 2J seems to race up to 100-110f and kinda plateau. Where the OEM seems to just keep climbing past those temps.
Yeah! the 2j gets up to temp FAST, but then kinda hangs there. It's odd, I wonder if it keeps temps down enough to mitigate the need for an aftermarket IC. I already have one, but curious. I don't regret the intake - I posted some video clips in the general forum if you want to compare your sounds to mine. I have a turbosmart DV so its a little more chirpy than the stock darth vader DV.

OP
The Cuzi
Thread Starter #5
Yeah! the 2j gets up to temp FAST, but then kinda hangs there. It's odd, I wonder if it keeps temps down enough to mitigate the need for an aftermarket IC. I already have one, but curious. I don't regret the intake - I posted some video clips in the general forum if you want to compare your sounds to mine. I have a turbosmart DV so its a little more chirpy than the stock darth vader DV.
I had actually watched your videos when I was still waiting for my 2J to show up! I need to charge the gopro and should have a video up in a day or two.