Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 door chimes after opening any door

Hello everyone, recently my 2016 fiesta ST makes 3 door chimes after I open any door. I know there are other threads on here with the same problem but I don’t see any resolution. Has anyone had this problem with a fix to it?

I've had this problem off and on the last year or so - honestly no idea what I do to fix it. I'll get used to it then I'll just realize one day that it's gone...

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
There's a thread in here somewhere on how to fix it. I am not sure what keywords will find it though.
I remember that thread also. The solution may have had something to do with pushing the start button with the clutch not depressed so the car doesn't start.

Fiestig

Only has to do with the door open or closed when you start the car. Creates a fault in the chime sequence. If I recall, once you start getting the goofy sequence, you just open the car door, leave it open and start, close the door and you should be peachy.. Its been a while since I have had to do it, so try different combinations of door open/closed and starting/turning off. One of them is it, I have to just write it down next time

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Body control module (BCM) does it. Ignition on, engine off, I cycled all four doors, the hatch and the hood. Ignition off. Immediately ceased after that. I suspect it may be attempting to signal some sort of warning or fault with relation to the security system.

My car does it about once a year. When it does, I figure it's trying to tell me something... I check the parking brake, headlights, make sure there's not a hidden child in the back seat...

Then I figure the car is just saying "Hello, let's go for a drive", and I forget it.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
My car does it about once a year. When it does, I figure it's trying to tell me something... I check the parking brake, headlights, make sure there's not a hidden child in the back seat...

Then I figure the car is just saying "Hello, let's go for a drive", and I forget it.
That's a great attitude, instead of just letting it drive you crazy. I'm going to remember that if mine ever starts doing it again.

I have the same issue with my FIST.I get a notification on the "screen" saying Key Battery Low, Replace Soon. YMMV

Well I've solved this issue for myself, your mileage may vary though. In my case, I've always left my radar detector cord plugged in to the port just in front of the E-brake even when the detector was unplugged, and that was triggering chimes on door open/close and randomly a short time after turning the car off. Pulling the cord stopped the chimes immediately.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Well I've solved this issue for myself, your mileage may vary though. In my case, I've always left my radar detector cord plugged in to the port just in front of the E-brake even when the detector was unplugged, and that was triggering chimes on door open/close and randomly a short time after turning the car off. Pulling the cord stopped the chimes immediately.
That's.... weird.

Only has to do with the door open or closed when you start the car. Creates a fault in the chime sequence. If I recall, once you start getting the goofy sequence, you just open the car door, leave it open and start, close the door and you should be peachy.. Its been a while since I have had to do it, so try different combinations of door open/closed and starting/turning off. One of them is it, I have to just write it down next time
Had the problem today, this fixed it (y)

green_henry

1000 Post Club
In my experience, the chimes always start if a door is open (including the hood) when you start the car or if you open the door while the engine is running. Thanks for the tips on clearing it!

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Fred A. Stare - I've looked over the circuit diagrams in my OEM Ford manual from Helm when developing this mod... https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/guide-amp-remote-turn-on-relay-12v-outlets.29095/ .... and those circuits do not interface with any computer. For my 2016 that front outlet is not switched with the ignition so it's just a simple fused power circuit to the battery. Rear, which is switched with the ignition via BCM controlled relay, also has no direct interface that would allow the BCM to monitor it.

Next time someone gets the chime, run ForScan and report any codes that your BCM is reporting. (If the charging system has detected a fault, there should be a code there.)

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The three chimes happens when you get out of the car with the key fob while the car is on and close the door. I discovered this when I was retraining TPMS after changing snow tires a couple of years ago. You fix it by doing it again, then getting back in the car and shutting the door before cycling the ignition on and off.

To prevent it happening again I leave the keyfob sitting in the console while I retrain TPMS, and leave the door open while I'm out at the wheels doing it.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I'm not sure what the logic is but I warm up the engine most mornings, shut and lock the door yet don't get the three chime. Every blue moon I don't hold the key close enough to the windshield when shutting the driver door so get the dreaded "double honk" (alerting the entire area that there's a Ford warming up) and that doesn't seem to trigger it either.

I also however observe that it's much more prone to begin doing it after some sort of service to the vehicle; where you're holding a monitored entry point(s) (including hood) open beyond the 10 or 15 minute timeout period where the battery saver or/and accessory relay signals off interior lights and various other circuits.