Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake caliper bolt size? Hex or bolt?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm doing my brake pads in a bit finally, but my tools are all at work, I live in a condo now. So I need to get the tools to do the job from my tool box at work and take the car to a place I can work on it. The last ford I did brakes on had a hex bolt. I don't want to have to run back and forth from shop to work chasing 1 random tool ( I MAY have a random hex I need around the house ).

So... Anyone know off-hand what the brake caliper bolt size is?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If I recall it is a 13 mm and a 15 mm depending how far you take them apart or maybe a 17 mm on the big bolts that hold the carrier to the hub but you need two wrenches to get the caliper bolts out and one to loosen the bolt and one to hold the locking bolt those are 13 or 15 mm idk for sure been a while... NO hex bolts though

Attachments

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I'm just doing pads Rod :)
I needed them very badly at 14k miles. I now have 20k+ miles and haven't changed them :(
It has to happen today, then back to porting :)