Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy's ST

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #361
There is no kit available to my knowledge with this design pattern for the FiST.

I broke it up into 6 pieces (3 rear hatch, 2 roof, 1 hood) to keep things more manageable and also allow me to properly follow the contour of the car.

The decal material is flat and straight, but not the car. Especially when going the entire length from front to back and off center.

Tools used:
X-Acto blade, Squeegee and Hawaiian Tropics spray bottle with a cocktail mix. [coolsmile]

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #362
It's been too cold the last several weeks to work on finishing up the last few pieces of the graphic over the rear spoiler, but after the recent rains and winds let up I had a few hours where it was warm enough to continue. Cold weather is not good for applying graphics, neither is hot weather. The best temperature seems to be around 75-90deg F.

I have 2 more square checkers left that need to be placed around the protruding rear spoiler winglet and it will be completed. Because of the intricate pieces and cutting involved the rear spoiler is taking more time than the rest, but hopefully the results of the finish will be worth it.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #363
Finally... finished with the over the top graphics.

I didn't have the luxury of do overs with this project. I only had 1 graphic sheet and I had to make sure with my decisions before peeling the backing sheet and laying it down on to the car.

The last 2 pieces took some extra effort because the pressure was higher to get it right with one shot. Unlike the rest of the car, for the last pieces I chose to make some templates. I couldn't just lay the graphics and cut on the car, because the graphic sheets could not be stretched over the protruding winglets. Templates allowed me to make sure once I cut the pieces they were going to fit as planned. I made several templates before reaching the finalized set to transfer and use to cut the final graphic with.

First templates.

Third set of templates made out of some AAA flyer ad. [emoji41]

Making sure everything looks right before cutting the final graphic pieces.

Final pieces cut, no going back.

Done.

How the top ties into the rear.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #365
This is what I’m doing today [screwy]
Fixing the work done or wasn’t done at the assembly plant in Mexico. Must of been a Friday and they were having a siesta [party][goofydrunk]
Don’t mind the paint droplets on the paper, it was a defective can. I went to exchange it for a new one. Dupli-Color Perfect Match OE color and a can of clear to finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #367
Found another ding. The paintless dent tool kit has paid for itself again.

Not sure where I’m picking up these dings, but they’ve been located at some of the worst places. This particular spot was inaccessible from the back of the quarter panel made of several layers and on the edge. Glue pulls to the rescue.

Now that I’ve done this several times I’m realizing that I need some other tools to make life easier, so I have a tap down set and more tabs coming, adding to my paintless dent removal tool kit.

love the stripes wish there were a simpler way to do it.

I have some nasty dings on my car and I want to buy a paintless dent remover kit.
It sounds like you really like the kit you have, could you let me know what brand it is?
There are tons of choices on Amazon and not sure which one to get.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
22mm Hotchkis hollow rear sway bar installed. The bar itself is 10.2lbs. Everything is top notch from packaging to instructions, fit and finish is primo.

That looks nice! How much was it?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #373
OE Battery is officially 5 years old today since the date of mfg. stamped on the case. Magic eye is green and vitals look good. [emoji41]

ROCKYFiestta

hey mr koozy how are you liking the Bilstein suspension?? is it a lot harder than the stock suspension or do you find it very comfortable enough for daily driving. they do look fantastic as well.
ps I absolutely love the double puppies pics they are hilarious. should start a puppies pic thread lol.[rofl]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
hey mr koozy how are you liking the Bilstein suspension?? is it a lot harder than the stock suspension or do you find it very comfortable enough for daily driving. they do look fantastic as well.
ps I absolutely love the double puppies pics they are hilarious. should start a puppies pic thread lol.[rofl]
There's a dog thread....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
OE Battery is officially 5 years old today since the date of mfg. stamped on the case. Magic eye is green and vitals look good. [emoji41]

Motorcraft batteries are really good. Mine is 7 years old in my other car and still kickin

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #377
how are you liking the Bilstein suspension?? is it a lot harder than the stock suspension or do you find it very comfortable enough for daily driving. they do look fantastic as well. ps I absolutely love the double puppies pics they are hilarious. should start a puppies pic thread lol. [rofl]
The Bilstein B8's are fantastic. I have them paired with Suspension Technique springs 245lbs.fr/ 250lbs.rr. The ride is firm and taut, okay to daily drive for me, but maybe not be for others depending on what one's comfort requirements are. The B8's are lean more towards sporty than comfort.

My pups are ~5yrs. and 13yrs., old for dog years, lol.

Motorcraft batteries are really good. Mine is 7 years old in my other car and still kickin
Good to know, I'm curious to see how long I can get mine to last.

Last edited:

ROCKYFiestta

lol something about having double chis. is hilarious. my friend has the same setup, dogs that is and I absolutely love them[rofl]. as for the shocks then I will assume they are definitely going to be a harder ride over the stockies [sadpanda] after several surgeries I will have to look for something not as firm I suppose. I already get beat up by the stock suspension, what is an old coot like me to do as far as suspension goes lol.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #379
lol something about having double chis. is hilarious. my friend has the same setup, dogs that is and I absolutely love them [rofl].
party of 3 actually [giggle], your friend got a rabbit too?

these guys think they're tough sometimes, lol. looks vicious, but they're at play.

Last edited: