Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy's ST

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I've never found the plate to not be "solid" when mounted with only two screws...

I was able to lift the plate off the rubber bumpers and that to me was not a solid mount. I just prefer 4 bolts/screws to be used to securely mount the plate.
Good info...I will have to do that as soon as I get a chance to run out to the auto parts store. [wrenchin]

p.s. any particular brand or would it be a universal fit?

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #344
Good info...I will have to do that as soon as I get a chance to run out to the auto parts store. [wrenchin]

p.s. any particular brand or would it be a universal fit?
I got whatever they had, the main thing I needed was the plastic inserts. Kit was $1.99

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #345
Update on the license plate mount. I added some 3/16” rubber spacers on the back of the plate before the plate mounts to car, this helps aesthetically, keeps the back cleaner, and keeps the plate and any plate frames away from the paint at the edges that could potentially mar it.

I also found all of the parts needed at Home Depot which are better quality.

Spacers

Parts at Home Depot in the metal misc parts drawers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #349
Just finished making this DHM turbo manifold shield and will be up for sale soon, waiting on a few things to complete the kit.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Just finished making this DHM turbo manifold shield and will be up for sale soon, waiting on a few things to complete the kit.

What's the price point going to be on this ? I'm pretty sure I want it. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #351
At least a Ben Franklin, which I feel is fair for the time I've put into sourcing the parts and time put into making it. This isn't a massed produced part, it's hand made and I'm not planning on mass producing these, this one may be the one and only one I will ever offer for sale, which would save at least one person from having to reinvent the wheel. I had enough material left over to make one, so why not. Much like the oil drain tube I made for myself and a few others that needed one, it's really a labor of love. Like the oil drain tube, the heat shield will be complete with all necessary parts to secure it to the manifold.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #353

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
At least a Ben Franklin, which I feel is fair for the time I've put into sourcing the parts and time put into making it. This isn't a massed produced part, it's hand made and I'm not planning on mass producing these, this one may be the one and only one I will ever offer for sale, which would save at least one person from having to reinvent the wheel. I had enough material left over to make one, so why not. Much like the oil drain tube I made for myself and a few others that needed one, it's really a labor of love. Like the oil drain tube, the heat shield will be complete with all necessary parts to secure it to the manifold.
Haha I'm definitely ok with the price. Let me clear it with my old lady. Thanks again for making this stuff for those of us that can't fabricate to save our lives.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

yeah, Anthony told me where and who his kit went to. that new shiny oil drain tube in your kit was made by me [thumb]

Here's a how-to for the DHM turbo kit install that may be useful to you or offer some insight.

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/8141-DHM-Turbo-Kit-Installation-Notes-Guide
Thanks so much :p yeah love that fab work on that drain tube.[thumb] im going to give it a go on the install maybe next month. thanks for the link on the install appreciat it

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #356
I think I caught this one in time and saved my ~$70 for a new negative BMS cable. I had the battery out doing some work. While things are out I often take advantage to clean and check things out and noticed that the BMS (battery management system) enclosure was being compromised. Doesn't look like any battery acid/corrosion made it in to the housing to do some damage, so I removed the cable from the car to thoroughly clean it up. I used toothbrush with Permatex battery terminal cleaner to neutralize any possible acid contamination. Once it was clean and dry I epoxied the cavity. Cleaned up the positive side too as precautionary. If corrosion/acid compromise the BMS or inline fuse weird electrical symptoms can occur.

Cavity

Cleaned and epoxy filled.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #358
Got tired of the dingy colored and deposited coolant reservoir, so got a new one. I preferred the OE see through design with the built-in baffles/filter and at ~$30 I consider it a disposable item.

Still digging that OE sleeper look packing a DHM 360R Garrett GTX 2860R Gen 2 turbo kit with single port Auxfuel [deviltail]

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Dude that looks dope! More pics please! Product link!!!!!

EDIT

Just read through your build thread. Very nice A+ job.