Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

koozy's ST

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #381
In the pursuit of perfection I decided to evolve on the DHM manifold heat shield with a different material and opted to try a Zircotec Ceramic Coated sheet and mold it into a shield.

I discovered that it was no easy task, the material is not as pliable and trying to drill into the ceramic coating was nearly impossible. Needless to say I will not be doing this again. I put in countless hours over the course of several days.

Here's the first shield I made, the material is easy to work with and very forgiving.

Here's the Zircotec material as it arrived. It's basically stainless steel sheet metal ceramic coated. One side is reflective, I drew out my template on the black side. The ceramic coating is very strong and durable even after I gave it repeated blows with hammers and mallets to shape the steel sheet. Whatever Zircotec uses in their ceramic coating is unforgiving.

Trimmed and taking shape.

After repeated fittings the shield began to take shape into it's new home.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #385
Not yet...my intercooler fiasco has consumed my attention for now.

Working on tune revisions now, then it's game on.
Feel free to reach out via PM if you need once you start. Hopefully you don't go with the sheet metal, unless you feel like punishing yourself [?|]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Will that heat shield work with the stock turbo?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #387
Will that heat shield work with the stock turbo?

The material will, but the pattern I made is for the DHM manifold not the OE manifold. One could get the material and replicate the OE shield if they wanted to.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The material will, but the pattern I made is for the DHM manifold not the OE manifold. One could get the material and replicate the OE shield if they wanted to.
I got so damn fed up with mine I threw the damn thing when I did my dp install. I may take that lil task on and build one that goes over all of it.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #389
I got so damn fed up with mine I threw the damn thing when I did my dp install. I may take that lil task on and build one that goes over all of it.

The Zircoflex ceramic coated shield material alone was $170 for the size I got. An OEM heat shield is $20. I would personally go with an OE shield for an OE manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The Zircoflex ceramic coated shield material alone was $170 for the size I got. An OEM heat shield is $20. I would personally go with an OE shield for an OE manifold.

True

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #391
R&R'd the front suspension to check things and see if everything was still good. I Also took the opportunity to cut the front bump stops in half, which were supposed to be done per the instructions but I wanted to experience what it was like with them uncut, now I can experience them cut. [driving]

Stock bump stop.

Ring removed.

Stop cut in half.

Putting things back.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #397
Finally getting around to having the tires mounted on the Dekagrams, so I installed new TPMS valve stems on each rim. I was surprised to see hub centric rings and valve stems in one of the Dekagram boxes. It was overly wrapped in cellophane that I didn't notice until emptying the box out. Performance Tire whom I bought the wheels from must have included them in the sale. I had already bought some aluminum ones. Now to choose which ones to use, LOL.

Finally getting around to having the tires mounted on the Dekagrams, so I installed new TPMS valve stems on each rim. I was surprised to see hub centric rings and valve stems in one of the Dekagram boxes. It was overly wrapped in cellophane that I didn't notice until emptying the box out. Performance Tire whom I bought the wheels from must have included them in the sale. I had already bought some aluminum ones. Now to choose which ones to use, LOL.

Those should look amazing set against the white car. If I ever get the scratch together I decided dekagram in Bronze will be the wheels for me.

Ford Community Posts