Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any major diffrence between 2015 and 14?

whosjonny

As the title says, are there any difference between the 2 years? I searched and I learned that there was 1 new silver color option on the 2015's.....other than that no change. Any insight?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
multiple sources have indicated the bushing rates are softer on the 2015 compared to the 2014. Having logged time in both cars, I can't tell a difference.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I could have sworn somebody said the map lights are round instead of square now. Is my mind making that up?

Not a thing. Maybe some really minor things as others have mentioned but nothing big like new headlights.
I was looking at `15's until I found my `14 all by itself on the lot and was able to get more incentives cause it was a 'leftover' 14. The `15 focus is getting some cool touch ups which had me thinking about waiting until those came out.

Chuckable

I was told by Mountune that the 15 has a cylinder head temperature sensor. Don't know what else has changed for the programming or engine.

It looks like the 2015 ST comes with a rear view camera, whereas the 2014 did not. Below is a screenshot of Ford's website. Can anyone with a 2015 confirm?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
It looks like the 2015 ST comes with a rear view camera, whereas the 2014 did not. Below is a screenshot of Ford's website. Can anyone with a 2015 confirm?

This will be interesting to see if any '15 owner gets a rear view camera.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I think the 15 have only front map lights that are round and no more rear map lights. 14 have square front map lights and round rear map lights

Chuckable

I've got a '15 and still have the rear map lights. From prior vehicles, though, I know that sometimes small changes occur within any one model year rather than from one model year to the next.

I think the 15 have only front map lights that are round and no more rear map lights. 14 have square front map lights and round rear map lights
I was watching a few review videos on YouTube, and the 2014 in this video has round front map lights. Just curious, where did you get that info from?

Thank you airjor13 and Harvick. Is that rear light in fact no longer present on 2015 models like airjor13 said? I own neither year, but I've been looking into possibly getting a 2015. I'd hate to actually lose an option over the previous year. Passengers may not use that light often, but it's still a step in the opposite direction from the prior year. Thanks!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thank you airjor13 and Harvick. Is that rear light in fact no longer present on 2015 models like airjor13 said? I own neither year, but I've been looking into possibly getting a 2015. I'd hate to actually lose an option over the previous year. Passengers may not use that light often, but it's still a step in the opposite direction from the prior year. Thanks!
Ok I just looked at Ford's site and the rear dome light is still listed as an option, maybe it's the small map lights are gone.

• Intermittent front windshield wipers with anti-drip wipe
  • Cruise control
  • Power door locks with automatic locking doors
  • Trip computer
  • Power windows with driver one-touch up-down feature
  • Carpeted front floor mats
  • Driver and front-passenger sun visors with covered vanity mirrors
  • Rear-window defroster
  • 12-volt auxiliary powerpoint - front
  • 12-volt auxiliary powerpoint - rear
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start
  • Driver's left footrest
  • Center dome lamp with map lights
  • Rear dome lamp
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio
  • 6-way manual driver?s seat
  • 4-way manual front-passenger seat
  • Front-passenger rear seat back map pocket
  • Front 4-way adjustable head restraints
  • 60/40 Split Rear Seat
  • Rear-seat heat ducts
  • Metallic trim on instrument panel registers, door handles and shifter bezel
  • Chrome door release handles
  • Leather-Wrapped and Perforated Steering Wheel
  • Leather-wrapped manual shift knob with chrome insert
  • Front center floor console with armrest, two front and one rear cupholder and cell phone holder
  • Front Door-Trim Storage Bins, Cupholders and Vinyl inserts
  • SYNC? with MyFord Touch?
  • Ice Blue? cluster lighting
  • Illuminated lighting for glove box and load compartment
  • MyKey?
  • Overhead console
  • Driver's seat adjustable lumbar support
  • Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
  • Race-inspired aluminum pedals
  • HD Radio?
  • Sony? Branded Audio System
  • Cloth Front Sport Seat with ST Logo with 60/40 Split Rear Seat

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Maybe my memory is foggy but I sat in an 15 FiST with the base seat and the stripes package and didn't recall seeing rear dome lights. I do remember making the comment "hey the front map lights are round haha!" I could be completely wrong but it stood out to me for some reason.

Someone one also said that the 15 is suppose to have softer bushings compared to 14 due to feedback but that is just hear say.