Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reasons the ecu will close the throttle automatically

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21

Sorry...
No wifi and my pos laptop with windows 8.1 crashes with gmail !!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
I agree Braden. Its not been an issue in the past, so I've left the tip max at 37.xx which is stock stg3. I only moved it up to test the throttle closing issue.

Load bottoms out at 1.615 actual % at 6450rpms

Have you touched any of the load limit tables, lspi tables, or airflow limit tables? I'd venture through there and look for signs of 2.35 or so.

-Braden@COBB

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Load limit stuff is all stock cobb stg3. I've only touched a small amount of the wgdc table, 1degree on the high rpm side of the timing tables, and vvt-i exhaust retard (to aid in spool), richened up the AFR via the switchable maps, and spool pressure ratio to 1.9 I think. Min desire spring pressure to 12.5psi because that is what the wg is set to now.
I did bump up the air flow limit in the turbo area, but it was already at 44 psi to begin with.

Thing is, so many flow based calulations the ecu makes is now thrown off because the different turbo, its hard to count on a lot of numbers it comes up with ( like compressor outlet temp is now off a lot ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Max load at wot and closed WG (optimum power)
Why is this all zeros ?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Have you touched any of the load limit tables, lspi tables, or airflow limit tables? I'd venture through there and look for signs of 2.35 or so.

-Braden@COBB
I just moved a few of the "load limits" tables up a bit. "Load max ceiling (throttle close) maxed out to 4.00

Maxed out the entire table for "load max (eft) WOT Overtemp" to 4.00% because I feel like the EFT is prob no longer reliable either.

Made the "load max (eft) WOT over temp min" 1900 degrees.

The air flow limits, nothing in at was remotely out of spec that I see.

Low speed pre-ignition tables at all at 2.5+ and I saw 2.4 at the most.

I did bump up the
"Max load at WOT and closed WG" settings to more closely reflect what I saw.

I'm going to flash this in before I drive to work in 6 hours. Thanx for your help Braden/Bryan-Razor.

It doesn't seem like i changed anything "game changing", but maybe a little bit over a load threshold is enough.

The throttle just STAYS CLOSED... 38% down to like 25%.

Crazy to me that after all this time, all this tuning, and how good the car has felt and done, its actually been doing it on 25-38% throttle !!

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30

What ever #2 on this means... I don't know...

#2 low speed pre-ignition

Ok... Guess I should look there harder.

The D.O.T. made ford program our computers to close to 30% so that we don't rip the asphalt off all the roads we drive on. If we ever got traction we would be back to dirt road days again.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
This table was set to "100.00". When i use the +\- keys, the max it will goto is "4.00".

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33

This is what it looks like "OTS".
When I mod it, it won't go any higher than 4.0.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
If its normal, I cant be the only one seeing it...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Torque to Load
Load to Torque
Could be modded but the way cobb worded it in the side bar, I feel like I could really screw something up.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Razor. Btw. Just wondering... How the F did you get so good at this when the fiesta/Focus are almost brand new platforms? Is it that similar to Evo's ?

This table was set to "100.00". When i use the +\- keys, the max it will goto is "4.00".
There are 3 more tables in there that could be the source. Also if you take a look at the Monitor List at the very end of the document containing the enumeration representatives for those source monitors.

Cheers,
-Braden@COBB