Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Reasons the ecu will close the throttle automatically

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #41
I changed the load to torque,
Torque to load as razor posted and deleted and that seems to have have fixed it to a point. It now waits till 5200rpms to shit the throttle.

2 things...

#1 holy crap... Much improved power.

#2 it has TOTALLY screwed my wastegate tuning back to square 1. I guess it was basically using my throttle plate as "boost control", via "torque limiting".

Yea... Im now at 0% wgdc on my map fixing to log.

This is a HUGE break through for the car.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Make sure you get those two tables right or your half throttle is going to be a saw blade o' fun.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #47
Starting to get interesting...

Still have to take some rod adjustment off the wastegate, lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
I already felt what you were talking about Razor. I backed off some of the lower rpm, lower load areas. I think when I get the boost back down, the load will go down as well and the tables won't need to be so high either.

I miss datazap :(

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49

Wow...

Basically 21psi at 3000rpm. 200rpm behind a cobb stage3 ? ( without the air intake or intercooler ).

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Amazing what some tuning will do eh? ;)

I take it was the Load to Torque/Torque to Load tables? Get it tweaked enough that your part throttle is still ok?

Work on your AFR next.

btw, your estimated torque will be off until you start calibrating your VE models.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Yea. You were right. It was the tables.

The AFR I purposely just dump fuel incase something like today happens ( like I make a small change, and next think I know, its running 28.5psi ). Once I some of the other areas sorted, I'll back off the fuel :)

I wouldn't say I have it running stock smooth.. Its got some of your "saw blade" action you spoke about. But I'm going to have to wait to see where I'm at when the boost and timing at WOT settles.

The VE tuning... I'm afraid to mess with it...

Like everything "inffered" in the ecu, its off. But either way... When I woke up this morning, the best I saw was 276tq. And at the end of the day I've seen 354tq. Not that I think its gained that much, but its an incredible difference. Once I get the cooler on in a week or two, I'll be working with a paided tuner that hopefully can make up for some of my short coming...

That being said.... That dyno... And 14.0@100mph really was the tip of the iceberg. It did that on 38% throttle tappering to 25%. Not saying its now going to make 260whp and run 112mph; but... Its exciting to think what it has left after finding after all this time its been severely handicapped.

ryst

SS, this might be slightly off topic for this thread, but can you tether/wifi hotspot your phone to your computer so you can at least upload logs to datazap directly? (depending on your provider you might already have this)
Or even easier, just connect your phone via USB to your computer and copy the CSV files to the phone then upload to datazap ?
Would make looking at your logs a little easier :)

The tuning progress is looking sexy. Excited to see the results when things are sorted out. I still have slight throttle pull in my logs (WOT 2000-3500 rpm). Razor pointed it out to me a while ago, but I'm just getting around to having enough time to look at tables, and I've been monitoring this thread closely.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #53
I'm hoping to get wifi soon. I hoped I could blue-tooth my iPhone to my sync, then connect the laptop to the wifi in the fiesta, hense stealing internet from my phone in a complicated way. But its worse than that... My 1 year old now laptop is such a POS, i barely gets on/off cobb's website for updates. If it has to do with internet, its junk. My mom has a super old laptop with windows XP on it. She has wifi too. That was how i was getting files to datazap before. I would take the logs from my access port to my laptop. From my laptop to usb stick. Usb stick to her old laptop. Her old laptop to datazap. Then... Magically... Suddenly one day her laptop stopped liking datazap !!!

I could annoy people by emailing them my file, then having them upload it. Problem with that? My nice newer laptop crash when I click "compose" in G-mail !!!

The last .csv files were uploaded by a friend using his samsung phone to store the logs off my laptop, then he emailed them to me, then I emailed to my brother ( ironically a server security guy for Chase bank ), then he uploaded them for me... Quiet a process, and not everyone is excited about car datalogs for a fiesta like I am, lol.

I gotta get it sorted though because when I do get more help in a few weeks after the intercooler, its not gonna cut it to get/receive logs/tunes once a week. I upload a new tune like 3 times a day, lol. I don't have experience, so.... That's what I'm trying to gain.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Mine has done this before as well. Well, not the sawtooth but one discrete pull of throttle angle actual.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Mine has done this before as well. Well, not the sawtooth but one discrete pull of throttle angle actual.
Yea it won't do the sawtooth with the standard OTS maps, unless you do not tune the tables that have an affect on the throttle pull correctly.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm still trying to figure out how to get my own Razorlab protune...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Panda is working on my tune right now, closing TB is one of the main issues they are sorting out.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #58
I'm hopefully gonna post some datalogs tonight.
If you can zoom enough, here is a preview

Yes.... That's 23psi at 6150rpms.
Afr, boost, rpm, total timing ( all four cylinders showed no timing retard ).

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #60
I leaned it out just a bit. Still really safe, but little meaner.