Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble Code Won't Clear

I had a new PCM installed on Friday and before I left the dealership I was informed that I'd have the check engine light on until the electronics "relearned" something relayed to the PCM. Well, the check engine light is still on. The trouble code is P0315 - Crankshaft Location Variation System Not Learned. I tried resetting the ECU/clearing the code with the Cobb AP as well as leaving the positive wire off the battery for a few hours but the code still will not clear. Can anyone help me, please?

Supposed to unhook the ground not the positive. I'm sure the AP would have cleared it though.

OP
timmytoast
Thread Starter #3
Well I'll unhook the negative then. And yeah, I thought the AP would've cleared it. I'm going back to the dealership tomorrow.

Well I'll unhook the negative then. And yeah, I thought the AP would've cleared it. I'm going back to the dealership tomorrow.
There is a specific relearn procedure with the OEM scan tool for this that will need to be performed at the dealer. I believe it's something like neutral relearn, etc.. They should know how to do it, takes about 2min!

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB

OP
timmytoast
Thread Starter #5
There is a specific relearn procedure with the OEM scan tool for this that will need to be performed at the dealer. I believe it's something like neutral relearn, etc.. They should know how to do it, takes about 2min!

Cheers,
Braden @ COBB
Thank you! I want to load the tune from the AP to my car but need the trouble code gone.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
BTW,
Removing the battery cables on an OBD II car will not clear codes.
It does nothing to the ECU but set another code.
With the only exception of setting it back to an unlearned state.
Codes can only be cleared with a scan tool.

I have a SnapON scan tool and I do not have anything like a neutral relearn feature.
But I do not have the latest software update, maybe it is something new.

Dave