Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

I say black with a tiny boomba emblem like the shift knob. It will be inconspicuous to everyone except those that inspect.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
They'll never be seen... They don't need little stamps on them driving up the price.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
We'll probably offer a few different color options for the sake of variety [wrenchin]

We're getting closer by the day. We've got some aluminium prototypes on our FoST right now!

I'm impressed with your work. Well done. A very tasteful change to the wing angle that may actually have some practical benfit at normal speeds.

It appears that the gap at the lower leading edge will allow some air to flow underneath and do two things. One is to separate the airflow above and below and make the wing itself more effective (increased drag up high on the car = downforce BUT also increases front end lift) and Two, the air flowing underneath will help clear the rear window!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #48
I'm impressed with your work. Well done. A very tasteful change to the wing angle that may actually have some practical benfit at normal speeds.

It appears that the gap at the lower leading edge will allow some air to flow underneath and do two things. One is to separate the airflow above and below and make the wing itself more effective (increased drag up high on the car = downforce BUT also increases front end lift) and Two, the air flowing underneath will help clear the rear window!
Thank you! And yes, you took the words right out of our mouth! We wanted the lift and angle to be just aggressive enough to look good, but to also be stable at high speeds and not have that 'parachute effect'

Something i thought about yesterday when getting my car washed in the touchless car wash.. Will the wing hold up to the high powered drying cycle? It would suck if i went into the touch less wash and when they are drying my car the wing breaks off from the force of the dryers. Im not so much worried about the mounts as i am the plastic wing we have. Im afraid of it breaking around the mounts or something.

Im just wondering if air kicked it up from the back would it just snap off.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I would hope Boomba are planning for people to drive at over 100 mph; it would be silly of them not to. An air dryer ripping it off is kind of a moot question.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
I would hope Boomba are planning for people to drive at over 100 mph; it would be silly of them not to. An air dryer ripping it off is kind of a moot question.
You read our minds! We actually took video of both shop cars going thru an automatic touch car wash, as well as cruising at highway speeds! We're in the process of putting the video clips together and uploading! Stay tuned!