Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Don't get why everyone is so pumped about this mod, I like the stock look way better, way smoother and integrated. Makes it look like the rear wing is in the process of falling off the car. Would seem to have the potential just to add more wind noise and added drag to the car.
Better I guess it is better than the guys that add huge metal wings on uprights to the trunks of their Civic's.
Free world though, everyone has their own vision for their cars.

Don't get why everyone is so pumped about this mod, I like the stock look way better, way smoother and integrated. Makes it look like the rear wing is in the process of falling off the car. Would seem to have the potential just to add more wind noise and added drag to the car.
Better I guess it is better than the guys that add huge metal wings on uprights to the trunks of their Civic's.
Free world though, everyone has their own vision for their cars.
There's no added drag (as verified by 2 tanks of gas with negligible differences and same driving) and no noticeable wind noise either.

I think the wing as it comes makes the rear end of the car look dumpy and too squat. The car looks like a ****ing space egg for crying out loud.

The riser break up the roof lines and make the car look more aggressive and even a little larger.

That's why everyone is so pumped on them.

Well, if i had found the FiST 'dumpy and too squat', probably would have bought something else. A personal peference thing, I have no issue what others want to change on their cars just expressing an opinion. Just don't assume that because a few like this mod, those of us that don't are some how wrong in their thinking...

Well, if i had found the FiST 'dumpy and too squat', probably would have bought something else. A personal peference thing, I have no issue what others want to change on their cars just expressing an opinion. Just don't assume that because a few like this mod, those of us that don't are some how wrong in their thinking...
I don't think you're wrong. You asked why some of us are so stoked on this mod and I told you why I am and why others might be also.

Chris G

I don't think you're wrong. You asked why some of us are so stoked on this mod and I told you why I am and why others might be also.
When I ordered this mod I wasn't sure what I was going to think of it when it was all said and done. In my opinion, the pictures didn't help at all but I figured for $120 in the GB, what the hell. Now that I have this mod installed, I am totally digging the look and there's no way I would go back to stock. I've parked side by side with other FiSTs and my decision to purchase these little over-priced aluminum bits really hits home.

Installed my black kit on my TB FiST last night. Ran into a little problem when I dropped one of the center mounting screws into the hatch innards, but a magnetic snake got it out. For the left and right side hatch attachments, I mistakenly used the stock screws with the washers attached, which are too narrow, and even though I was aware of the stripping issues people were having, was very conscientious of not over tightening. But I thought I'd still stripped them when I found they weren't grabbing. Then I went back to the bag of bits and saw the provided washers/screws provided by Boomba. Swapped those in and everything is completely snug. Outstanding mod - love the look. Pics to follow!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
Installed my black kit on my TB FiST last night. Ran into a little problem when I dropped one of the center mounting screws into the hatch innards, but a magnetic snake got it out. For the left and right side hatch attachments, I mistakenly used the stock screws with the washers attached, which are too narrow, and even though I was aware of the stripping issues people were having, was very conscientious of not over tightening. But I thought I'd still stripped them when I found they weren't grabbing. Then I went back to the bag of bits and saw the provided washers/screws provided by Boomba. Swapped those in and everything is completely snug. Outstanding mod - love the look. Pics to follow!
We look forward to pics!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I'm up in Canada and the winter time is hell on our cars. These little guys keep the rear window cleaner for longer than i thought was possible, a little pricey but they do a functional job and that helps to justify the cost. Great product thus far. And thanks for remembering the stickers this time guys[twothumb]. Bottle opener is nice as well thank you.

-30C here now.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Are there exposed holes on the wing after detaching from hatch that water or snow can get in?

Love this mod and want it but...do you guys ship to the UK and if so how much? Also struggling to find a UK price..HELP!!!

Are there exposed holes on the wing after detaching from hatch that water or snow can get in?
There will be 2 holes in the center where the wiper fluid tube and brake light cable will pass through. The cables will be exposed as well. I have had no water issues driving, and parked all day while raining. Can't comment on snow. I can't imagine you having issues as the holes are angled downwards. There are also 2 small holes at both ends of the wings. I assume they're for drainage but can't test for sure.