Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Now that I have a CF rear hatch door the use of these risers might look so bad.
The CF doesn't present such an unfinished when seen under the wing.
I just can't do the price when I know that I will be changing the wing in another month or two.

Dave

Are there exposed holes on the wing after detaching from hatch that water or snow can get in?
I plugged them with some electrical tape, and cut holes just big enough for the wires to pass through. Poor man's grommet.

I just installed mine yesterday after having them on the shelf since the 1st group buy. Partly due to waiting for good weather, but also deciding whether to go for the look or stay stock. I'm running stage 3 mods, but without looking closely no one would notice.

Long story short: the wing looks great. Just enough rise to balance the side profile, plus keep the rear window clean. Does not look at all unfinished; quite the contrary.

Not too worried about the pass-through holes, and I'll find some rubber caps I can cut and seal with butyl before too long.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
I just installed mine yesterday after having them on the shelf since the 1st group buy. Partly due to waiting for good weather, but also deciding whether to go for the look or stay stock. I'm running stage 3 mods, but without looking closely no one would notice.

Long story short: the wing looks great. Just enough rise to balance the side profile, plus keep the rear window clean. Does not look at all unfinished; quite the contrary.

Not too worried about the pass-through holes, and I'll find some rubber caps I can cut and seal with butyl before too long.
Happy to hear you got around to installing it!

Thanks for choosing Boomba!

I just drove back from Stockbridge MA to ME through thunderstorms all the way. The look is really good, but the best part is that the rear window stays clear in the rain, plus extra visibility out the top where the wing used to hang down.

The washer (I wondered about that as well) works fine, but I really didn't need to use it as the airflow kept the rear windscreen quite clear, and the wiper did the rest. I did hit the washer twice just to confirm that it worked, which it did.

So: looks great; works great; perhaps a good idea to fill in the holes before winter (but some of our Canadian members have used it through this really cold winter w/o any reported problems).

I like it a lot.

SPhilli911

I just drove back from Stockbridge MA to ME through thunderstorms all the way. The look is really good, but the best part is that the rear window stays clear in the rain, plus extra visibility out the top where the wing used to hang down.

The washer (I wondered about that as well) works fine, but I really didn't need to use it as the airflow kept the rear windscreen quite clear, and the wiper did the rest. I did hit the washer twice just to confirm that it worked, which it did.

So: looks great; works great; perhaps a good idea to fill in the holes before winter (but some of our Canadian members have used it through this really cold winter w/o any reported problems).

I like it a lot.
I've had mine installed for about a month and I've noticed that the rain seems to get on the window even more than without the risers. The water flows off the roof and right onto the window between the crack the risers create. I don't see it as an issue, more of an observation.

But all in all I like the risers a lot, the look is great. I just hope water isn't dripping into some places it is not supposed to is all.

It's interesting that cars seem to have their own personalities, and different people have different results and responses. It may be that at Mass Pike cruising speeds the air-flow was sufficient to keep the glass clear, whereas at more normal speeds, the opposite happens. Or just the way it was raining yesterday.

I also hope water in the wing isn't problematic, but I'll wait for a hot dry spell and, after a week or so, cut some rubber discs to fit the large holes and seal them with a little butyl rubber.

SPhilli911

Anyone else having issues with rust on the 4 outermost black screws/ washers? I've had mine installed for maybe 2 months and already I'm seeing rust.