Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Wing Risers

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

I thought about getting these as well but after reading about the rust and poor cs....I think I'll hold off for now...something doesn't feel right. Who wants rusty risers?! I sent a pm to boom inquiring about price points etc. so I'd be curious but at that price point with these issues, I'm a bit turned off.

I have the early black risers (look like hell) and rusting screws and emailed Boomba to try to resolve this off the board. However, their response really surprised me as being very much slanted against those of us who were early adopters. A gentleman named Mike emailed me the following:

"We are really sorry to hear about the risers fading. There were a very small amount that were improperly anodized by the person who does our anodizing, they failed to put sealant enough sealant on them. For anyone that has purchased faded risers, we are offering the following options:

1-You can send the risers back to us and we will have them re-anodized for you. There is no guarantee on how long this may take as it varies on when things are coming and going to anodizing.
OR
2-We can offer you a discount on your next Boomba purchase.
OR
3-We can send you a Boomba T-shirt in your choice of size or a Boomba beanie.

As a DIY alternative, we have heard of people plastidipping the risers or spray painting them in whatever color they want.
We want to make this right. Let us know what works for you!"

He did offer to try to find stainless screws.

I requested that they send me new black risers and stainless screws, and that I would send the defective one's back after I swap them out. Otherwise, I'm left driving around in a car with no wing waiting for however long for new parts to replace the defective ones. Their suggestions fall somewhere between an insult and a bad joke. I guess that Boomba simply is unable to take responsibility for its manufacturing defects and just wants the cheap and easy way out, "customers be damned." Somehow, the thought of a free beanie or t-shirt just doesn't cut it.

I suggested that he (1) watch the movie "The Jerk," 7 (2) talk with their attorney as selling defective merchandise and then stiffing customers is really bad for business.

LT Berzerker

I'm going to pull mine off eventually, have them powdercoated, and find SS hardware myself and use a couple nylon washers to ensure no metal on metal... Couple dollars worth of stuff at a hardware store & a few bucks for PC... Shouldn't have to, but then I know it's gtg.

On a side note I just buy boomba parts without anodizing based on the risers experience RMM seems to be looking just fine ;) surprised they don't offer an option of PC or anodizing...

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #143
Well, my year and a half old grandson is visiting so if I get a beanie, he could be a ...

Seriously, although this is not worth throwing a rod over, it really is piss poor customer service and a really bad reflection on Boomba's willingness to remedy their own failures. I have one of their OCC's as well, so they're blowing off a repeat customer as well. No wonder they didn't want to answer the questions about how they proposed to remedy the defects in their wing risers. So for all the marketing speak such as

-during the design process, all parts go through the variety of stress tests and simulations performed by sophisticated engineering analysis programs. All of these procedures drastically shorten our design to market time and let us know if the part will perform as expected-

if the part fails, tough luck & you're on your own.

Sad to see an American company behave in a way that gives such short shrift to loyal American customers.
I'm working directly with the owner now to resolve your situation. We are sorry if you feel we are taking the "easy" way out. We want to make this right for you. Trust me, it is not worth the $150 dollars to lose a customer. The whole reason we don't freely send out replacement sets is because we've had issues in the past with not getting back the original part.

In regards to any one with rusted screws, please PM us and let us know if you were affected. We are replacing all black oxide screws with zinc plated ones to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.

The fading issue has been addressed since the first batch. The person who used to do our anodizing didn't use the proper type of sealant, resulting in the fading. We have switched the person who does our anodizing since this.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I'll be ordering on Tuesday. Can you make sure I get a set with the zinc screws? [;)]

I'm part of the first batch and my black risers have faded. I also have the rust issue. At this point, I don't really want to take off the risers and I can live with it looking like raw aluminum. I just want the new screws because the rust looks tacky as hell!

J2FoRS

I chickened out after watching the the boomba demo video. I get some brutal winters and don't trust having the wiring all exposed and the wing open. Maybe later if they are on sale or a used set comes up I'd try to rig something out of em but unfortunately Canada nixes half the mods I wanna do lol.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #148
I'll be ordering on Tuesday. Can you make sure I get a set with the zinc screws? [;)]
All sets that go out from now on will have zinc-plated screws and stainless screws. Nothing to worry about with that anymore!

I'm part of the first batch and my black risers have faded. I also have the rust issue. At this point, I don't really want to take off the risers and I can live with it looking like raw aluminum. I just want the new screws because the rust looks tacky as hell!
Send us a PM and we'll get this handled!

Am I correct in thinking there are no rubber bits offered with this kit?
What do you mean as far as "rubber bits"? Each riser has an o-ring so that no water enters the hatch and everything is weather-tight.

I chickened out after watching the the boomba demo video. I get some brutal winters and don't trust having the wiring all exposed and the wing open. Maybe later if they are on sale or a used set comes up I'd try to rig something out of em but unfortunately Canada nixes half the mods I wanna do lol.
It isn't too hard to install, we promise!

J2FoRS

It's not so much the install. It looks easy. But in your "demo" video on YouTube when it shows the camera mounted on the roof looking back at the wing and you can see the wires and the inside of the wing exposed I just bailed. My wing would be full of ice and my electrical all pooched first winter I bet.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Installed Riser Kit about a month ago...Still early but appears to be holding up very well...

I did however cap off all the holes with rubber cap / grommets rather than use supplied stickers...overall, very easy install...

Boomba Riser 4.jpg

Boomba Riser 2.jpg

J2FoRS

Installed Riser Kit about a month ago...Still early but appears to be holding up very well...

I did however cap off all the holes with rubber cap / grommets rather than use supplied stickers...overall, very easy
Did you cap only the holes that the video has those black stickers? Or did you do anything with where the wiring exits car/enters wing? Man it looks great on your car. I'm so torn. [?|]

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Did you cap only the holes that the video has those black stickers? Or did you do anything with where the wiring exits car/enters wing? Man it looks great on your car. I'm so torn. [?|]
Just capped the wing guide post holes with grommet plugs...I also covered the length of exposed brake wiring with narrow hose to dress that up...I'll try to take some closer pics later...

Grommet Caps.jpg

J2FoRS

Just capped the wing guide post holes with grommet plugs...I also covered the length of exposed brake wiring with narrow hose to dress that up...I'll try to take some closer pics later...
Much appreciated sir would love to see the wire pics

GAbOS

All sets that go out from now on will have zinc-plated screws and stainless screws. Nothing to worry about with that anymore!

Send us a PM and we'll get this handled!

What do you mean as far as "rubber bits"?

Each riser has an o-ring so that no water enters the hatch and everything is weather-tight.
One of the above answers is from one of my questions.

Since the quoted post above there are a lot of "user improvement" posts.

..and I did I hear "stickers"?!

Are there plans to make a sub $200 riser set more cost effective for the product or the product more worth it's price?

I'm only being this blunt because I think it's a wasted market and I want, but not cheap on quality.

Thanks. Any pics showing that installed?
Sorry I didn't take any. I was part of the affected batch with the fading and took mine off. I'll dip them at some point, probably after I switch to new wheels. They'll just look like a half inch tube coming out of the holes instead of the thin ones you see in the install pics.

Man this is a tough crowd... people expecting a full free replacement for a part that performs as advertised but is just ugly. What's wrong with shipping them back to Boomba for re-anodizing? This is one of the few fully reversible exterior modifications available.

The only problem I have is not being able to decide on whether to get red or black for my OW. Hmmm

J2FoRS

I'm fully confident in the responses Boomba has provided in regards to the complaints and feel they handled it openly and professionally. I had actually planned to order mine on Tuesday night last day of the sale the post said but the code was already deactivated so maybe my time zone effed me.

Next sale I'll be getting some sexy black ones for my MO! And then following some others suggestions in regards to tweaking the overall finish.