Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Magnesium brake components?

I will be switching brake fluids to Stoptech SRT-660 and it says not to use on brake systems with magnesium brake components.

So, does anyone know for sure if the Fiesta ST has any magnesium brake components or not?

The only thing I could think of being magnesium would be the ABS block, but that looks more like aluminum.

Thanks [wrenchin]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I will be switching brake fluids to Stoptech SRT-660 and it says not to use on brake systems with magnesium brake components.

So, does anyone know for sure if the Fiesta ST has any magnesium brake components or not?

The only thing I could think of being magnesium would be the ABS block, but that looks more like aluminum.

Thanks [wrenchin]
I highly doubt there would be any magnesium on our humble cars :)

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
Alright then. We will know for sure as soon as I change over brake fluid.

When it comes to changing brake fluid, should I drain the fluid by opening bleed screw and just pumping the brake letting all the fluid out at each corner then going with the standard bleeding procedures?