Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Scion FR-S vs. Ford Fiesta ST

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I guess they got tired of comparing the BRZ vs. the Fiesta ST so now its the Scion FR-S lol.

http://www.automobilemag.com/review...14-ford-fiesta-st-more-fun-than-a-scion-fr-s/

Summary
means you can squirt out of corners. Pushing this car on your favorite curvy roads makes it clear that Ford did a lot more than just slap on some sticky tires and stiffen the shocks.

We've been extolling the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST's virtues for months now. The first few months of our Four Seasons test have also showed it to be a remarkably usable car. It's livable on longer road trips, and there?s enough space in the back to make it practical enough to be your only car. We didn't find the same kind of usability during our yearlong test of the Scion FR-S twin, the Subaru BRZ. The back seats are useless, the trunk capacity is limited, and it's not exactly pleasant for a highway cruise.

So while the 2014 Scion FR-S might be an ideal weekend toy thanks to its pure sports-car feel and fluid driving dynamics, we'd be much happier spending our money on the 2014 Ford Fiesta ST. Its fun-per-dollar index is impossible to beat, and it boasts all the day-to-day practicality of a hatchback to boot. Halfway into our yearlong Four Seasons test, we haven't lost much enthusiasm for this sensational sport compact, and we're excited to spend six more months with the Fiesta ST.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thats funny as I traded in my Black FRS for my Blue FiST and NEVER looked back or missed the FRS...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Owner of a local big Subbie shop told me that he wished the 1.6 Fist motor would somehow fit into the BRZ, it would be his perfect car lol!

So glad I didn't go with one of them. Couldn't even test drive a fr-s, scion had none ready to go. The brz was a chore to take one out. Subura acted like it was 100k car and unless i put a deposit down I wasn't driving one. Took three trips before they handed over keys.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So glad I didn't go with one of them. Couldn't even test drive a fr-s, scion had none ready to go. The brz was a chore to take one out. Subura acted like it was 100k car and unless i put a deposit down I wasn't driving one. Took three trips before they handed over keys.
That was my exact same impression when I tried to test drive one when they came out. how are you going to aim a car at a certain demographic if you are not going to let them drive it lol.

And to make it worse. They sat there telling me it's subura worse selling car (might have been referring to just the long island area) but refused to budge on price despite older 13s sitting on the lot for a year.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
We looked at them, not even close to being able to fit two big dogs in the back even if I took out the seats.....and not a boxer engine fan so I would of had to to a hugely involved swap......or boost it and wait for it to pop.....

At the track I ran away from several there, none were boosted but one was otherwise setup really well, lots of trick suspension stuff but I was about the same in the corners and pulled away on the straights of course but was not yet fully tuned.

I am very glad we have the FiST:)

It's a 25k car! Should be like any other test drive. Sounds like the dealer didn't want your business... Personally I don't see what all the hype is about the BRZ/FR-S, decent car at a decent price. I personally think the FiST is a better overall value. Is it that they're rear wheel drive? I've read a bunch of articles recently stating the BRZ/FR-S has rejuvenated the tuner market. Is this really the case? Seems to me that any increase/decline in the tuner market would be linked to things like jobs and the economy vs. a new platform to work with. I just don't see the hype around the BRZ/FR-S... The Fist and FoST seem to generate more hype and in general better overall reviews. Granted I'm biased towards the FiST, can anyone shed some light on all the hype?

Subura acted like it was 100k car and unless i put a deposit down I wasn't driving one. Took three trips before they handed over keys.
Ford was the same way about the FiST for me... didn't want to let me take it for a test drive unless I put down a deposit. I finally told them I am not putting down a deposit on a car I haven't test driven because it is absurd. They eventually gave in, but I suspect it had more to do with the fact I had rolled in a Hummer than anything else.

I'd heard the same thing from a few people they had turned away over the same policy

my ford dealer let me test drive the fiesta ST, and while I was waiting on financing, the salesman said go test the focus ST while I was at it. I stuck with the fiesta ST. was way more impressed from the jump. still was cool they just handed over keys like I was someone cool. hah. as far as the fr-s........I was bored by the lack of power, and cheesy interior. I mean yea the fiesta has plastic door panels but its still pretty nice for a 20k car. got mine with 18 miles on it for 18k lol

Never saw an FR-S in stock around here, but I did stop in to take a BRZ for a drive. With the amount of time I spend in the car, I knew it wouldn't work for me. It was a fun test drive, just didn't quite fit my needs. No hassle over a deposit or anything however, same as the FiST. Was going for a FoST and it just felt way to large for what I wanted. Now if I was going to have a track only car, or a weekender, I could see a BRZ or FR-S with some mods being pretty fun.

Overall my experience with the dealer was great. I ended up doing my entire purchase online. I had previously owned a MazdaSpeed 3 (1st gen). I'm very familar with the MS3 & FoST platforms. I ended up test driving the FoST and FiST more out of curiosity about 6 months before I decided to purchase a new car. All I had to do was leave my license and bring the sales guy along for the ride. Granted the sales guy tried to get me to come in to discuss my options, but I just walked away. I hit the interwebs and ended up purchasing my FiST all online. One thing that I believe helped is I secured my own financing prior to contacting the dealership. It ended up being a very smooth and straight forward transaction and I only set foot in the dealership to pick up my FiST. One of the best car buying experiences I've had...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
A lot of dealers around the DC area for some reason assume that because someone looks like they are in their 20's, they are not serious buyers, or just looking to kick tires. My good friend had the hardest time finding a dealer that would let him test drive an B8.5 S4. They couldn't even put 2 and 2 together and see that fact that he pulls up in an B7 S4, he might be serious [?|]

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here on the forum. I had a similar experience with the Ford dealership I bought my car from. The sales person walked up to the sales manager and told him he didn't care we were going to test drive the car.

Welcome to the Forum! I had no problem getting a test drive the FiST. The Scion dealer just gave me the keys to the FRS so I can check out the inside. Didn't even ask me if I wanted to test drive it. If he mustered an ounce of energy to try and sell it to me, I probably would've bought one.

This hit close to home for me. About a month ago, I was dead set on buying an FR-S. I was driving an xB at the time and during an oil change at the dealer, I thought to talk numbers to the sales person who I bought my xB from about the FR-S they had in the show room. He gave me a smoking deal on it and I told him that I was gonna come back tomorrow to sign the papers as it was closing time for the dealership and I had to talk to the wife. My appt with Toyota was at 4:30. After lunch, my wife told me that we should take a look at the FiST since I kept watching videos of it despite my lust with the FR-S. We instantly fell in love with it even without a test drive since it was snowing that day. We were wheeling and dealing with Ford and by the time we signed the papers, guess what? It was 4:30. The time I would've signed for my FR-S. That was such a crazy day.

If I lived in SoCal or any other place that didn't snow, I would've ended up with the FR-S. It's a great, purpose driven car. The FiST is, by no means, a compromise. It's also a great car on its own. Just goes to show that this is definitely a great, great time that we live in automobile-wise. There are great cars in every price point.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
My wife and I were very seriously interested in the FR-S as well, it would fit in our trailer, light enough, etc....though I would of boosted it or did an LS swap, really, but just not enough room for our two 90-95 lb dogs in the back.

I am totally happy with the FiST, love it in fact more than most every car out of dozens I have owned and modified.

KKaWing

My wife and I were very seriously interested in the FR-S as well, it would fit in our trailer, light enough, etc....though I would of boosted it or did an LS swap, really, but just not enough room for our two 90-95 lb dogs in the back.

I am totally happy with the FiST, love it in fact more than most every car out of dozens I have owned and modified.
My dog (and 0% financing + incentives :p) was also a big part of the decision for choosing the FiST.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I did not even get a great deal, just decent, normally I am very good at buying cars and trucks and trailers but I was OK with it and it was the perfect color and options(except would of preferred no NAV). I was bored while traveling in CA as my wife was doing family things and I just went to look at the FiST as had been reading the reviews, drove it, got my wife to come take a quick ride, we both loved it, bought it, hauled it to Utah, about a year ago, 2k miles on it but that will change soon.

Very glad I did not finish the $40k build on a 97 332ti CA Edition I had on my lift, this is a better car for my needs:)