Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

CShepler

I'm curious if you top-off when filling up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, usually do. However, the issues were general in nature. It had the usual choking/shutdown issues after fill-up, but it was also dying at stops after a cold start and was running really badly (in hindsight). All of the issues are gone now that I’ve replaced the valve and hose assembly.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Yeah, usually do. However, the issues were general in nature. It had the usual choking/shutdown issues after fill-up, but it was also dying at stops after a cold start and was running really badly (in hindsight). All of the issues are gone now that I’ve replaced the valve and hose assembly.
It's antidotal, but it seems, or appears, that topping off this car will increase the likelihood of having to change the evap canister or hose and valve. I would actually like to have some hard data on that, but that'll never happen.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's not just the Fiesta that shouldn't be topped up after fueling. A lot of cars will kill the charcoal canister if you top up, resulting in driveability problems.
I've given up on trying to help Idiots filling up ...But then you hear the click then the fueling again and click and repeat.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

CShepler

I've given up on trying to help Idiots filling up ...But then you hear the click then the fueling again and click and repeat.
Oh, that’s what you’re all talking about? No, I let it run until it automatically stops pumping and that’s it.

As to the evap system problem, I don’t think the most common version of it has anything to do with the charcoal canister going bad. I’ve cleared up all of my symptoms just replacing the purge valve. I’m guessing that either the solenoid goes bad or that the valve itself deteriorates due to the high heat of the engine bay.

anticon

Oh, that’s what you’re all talking about? No, I let it run until it automatically stops pumping and that’s it.

As to the evap system problem, I don’t think the most common version of it has anything to do with the charcoal canister going bad. I’ve cleared up all of my symptoms just replacing the purge valve. I’m guessing that either the solenoid goes bad or that the valve itself deteriorates due to the high heat of the engine bay.
I'm glad you got it working. I had to chime in on the topping off. It's actually illegal in Oregon to overfill your tank. Funny enough it's also one of the only states that also requires an attendant to pump fuel for you in most cases. So we have attendants trained to fuel cars, and I swear 1 out of 20 times I still hear the pump stop, and then they come try to add more. Normally, they do it so fast you have no way to stop them. Makes me cringe everytime. I really have no idea why we can't pump our own gas in 2021. COVID almost changed it, but didn't quite. I think most people like others doing it for them.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Went for a canyon run @ GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) to test out the new set-up:
- Whiteline drop springs
- Bilstein B4 shocks/struts
- Hotchkiss rear bar
-Nankang NS-25 hi-po all-seasons

Gotta say, i was very impressed with how the car felt and reacted! Very predictable break away at the limit and so much grip! Cant wait to add DPRO's rear camber shims to this and see what she can do!

Went for a canyon run @ GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) to test out the new set-up:
- Whiteline drop springs
- Bilstein B4 shocks/struts
- Hotchkiss rear bar
-Nankang NS-25 hi-po all-seasons

Gotta say, i was very impressed with how the car felt and reacted! Very predictable break away at the limit and so much grip! Cant wait to add DPRO's rear camber shims to this and see what she can do!

i know where that spot exactly is

ronmcdon

NICE!! [twothumb]

I'm not even gonna ask what they co$t! [crazyeye] (Especially if they are forged. [wink])
I was sorta lucky to check them out early this year. Braid had a price hike in Apr. they were a splurge for me to begin with and wouldnt feel comfy getting them today.

going to try to fit 245 hankook RS4’s on them (24.5” height only believe it or not). 9” tread with too. dont think any fiesta owner has tried that. bad is that will go back to oem unsprung weight

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I’ve done nothing. Just venting about a car buddy of mine that has a compound turbo dodge Cummins encouraging me to mod my Fiesta and go to the 1/8 mile with him. I really don’t want to, but I really want to.

Modding is a slippery slope.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got these little Gems in the mail....these are #2 and #3 outboard A/C vents that have broken on me.Where the upper flap arm connects to the lower flap. Anyone else encounter this annoying garbage?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Installed my new CF shift knob I just bought off of [mention]urapizzaship [/mention] Looks sharp as hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I picked up one of those bezels in white. Going to try wrapping it with 7D CF wrap to match the shifter. I'll drop a pic if and when I get around to it.