Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Spent a couple hours dripping in sweat last night taking off my front coilovers to grease up and got rid of all the clicking noise. Also installed my camber bolts and got an another alignment today.

I feel like I don’t want to touch this suspension for at least another year or 2 cause I’ve taken the wheels off countless time already just to adjust the height. So much work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Went to TrackNight at Thunderhill on new tires and brake pads. Hankook RS4s handled really well, and I already know they're going to last a lot longer the the Bridgestone RE71s that they replaced, so I'm very happy. Mountune Track pads (which may be OrangeStuff based on previous conversations with Mountune, but not sure since they may have flipped them again since our last conversation) were superb -- no fade at all, and it was ~98 degrees. This was also my first track session with the cp-e passenger side motor mount, and this may be my imagination, but the car seemed more composed. I haven't seen my lap times yet, but it felt like I was faster ... TBD
Sadly, I must report that I was not faster; I did not set a personal best, and my lap times were practically identical to earlier event(s). On a positive note, RE71s are "supposed" to be faster than RS4s, so maybe I was actually "faster" but it was a wash due to the tires ... IDK. Anyway, the Track Night season ends next month, and the only thing I'm considering changing is from the 91 tune to the E30 tune -- it will be a good controlled experiment (assuming the weather is comparable).

NOTE: E85 availability in my area has been spotty, so I opted for a 91 tune; when available, the E30 tune feels a lot stronger (and wears out the front tires), so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference on the track.

Installed the SWAVE 4-point this morning. Looks great with the 6-point and tunnel brace!

I had just enough room (about 1/8") to clear the CPE charge pipe by making a small adjustment.

Awesome, they cost much? I'm getting that rear bar that bolts to the torsion beam sometime..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Finally found the time to fit these arms to the car today.. was a little worried about the big bushes regarding the wheel alignment as the place that pressed them in set them to maximum caster and I thought I could adjust them while fitting by twisting the inner ball but not so..

But all went well and the wheel alignment came out good so went for a drive up the twisties and it's on rails like omg better than when the car was new IMO. Stable and very even grip between the front and rear.. both ends working really well together, that's without new front tyre's.. get them next weekend.

Magnetic

Finally found the time to fit these arms to the car today.. was a little worried about the big bushes regarding the wheel alignment as the place that pressed them in set them to maximum caster and I thought I could adjust them while fitting by twisting the inner ball but not so..

But all went well and the wheel alignment came out good so went for a drive up the twisties and it's on rails like omg better than when the car was new IMO. Stable and very even grip between the front and rear.. both ends working really well together, that's without new front tyre's.. get them next weekend.

Where did you get those arms?

I'm considering the DNA racing ones from the Whoosh store. Are these OEM?

Spent a couple hours dripping in sweat last night taking off my front coilovers to grease up and got rid of all the clicking noise. Also installed my camber bolts and got an another alignment today.

I feel like I don’t want to touch this suspension for at least another year or 2 cause I’ve taken the wheels off countless time already just to adjust the height. So much work!

Ugh.. just had a chance to get some seat time today and the car pulls to the right at high speed and the steering wheel is tilted to the left. I guess back to the alignment shop again.

anticon

I just buttoned everything up and went for a quick test drive after installing my whoosh turbo. I'll probably take it for the prescribed 50 mile drive tomorrow morning and then start data logs for the tuner tomorrow afternoon. It's really tough to not just send it. The install went pretty well, I had no trouble with any of the bolts, nuts, or studs. I did it on ramps in my garage. I was able to pull the coolant lines from the top. I really only had to get underneath to get the oil drain line and the lower turbo to manifold bolts. I did wind up removing the battery tray to get to one coolant bracket. And I had to pull the turbo inlet elbow to get to the diverter valve because it was running into the axle and wouldn't let the turbo drop far enough to get it off the upper stud. It took me about 9 hours total. Not including the oil and spark plugs change. I added maybe a quart at most of distilled water for the coolant lost.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Intere
I just buttoned everything up and went for a quick test drive after installing my whoosh turbo. I'll probably take it for the prescribed 50 mile drive tomorrow morning and then start data logs for the tuner tomorrow afternoon. It's really tough to not just send it. The install went pretty well, I had no trouble with any of the bolts, nuts, or studs. I did it on ramps in my garage. I was able to pull the coolant lines from the top. I really only had to get underneath to get the oil drain line and the lower turbo to manifold bolts. I did wind up removing the battery tray to get to one coolant bracket. And I had to pull the turbo inlet elbow to get to the diverter valve because it was running into the axle and wouldn't let the turbo drop far enough to get it off the upper stud. It took me about 9 hours total. Not including the oil and spark plugs change. I added maybe a quart at most of distilled water for the coolant lost.
Interested in how this turns out. Was going to do the hybrid in the spring, may buy it now just so the wait won't be too bad. Did you stay with the stock downpipe? What oil are you using?

anticon

Intere

Interested in how this turns out. Was going to do the hybrid in the spring, may buy it now just so the wait won't be too bad. Did you stay with the stock downpipe? What oil are you using?
I kept the stock downpipe. Mainly to save a few bucks and it didn't sound like it would be a bottleneck with stock fueling. 5W-30 is recommended for regular street, and 5W-40 for tracking. I got my first data logs this morning and will be sending them off soon. Hopefully everything looks good on that end. But it felt good and no leaks that I can tell.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Purchased a new accessport for half off, thanks to cobb for the great service. Never leaving it in plain sight again. Also I was going to install my CPE RMM but it’s like 100 degrees so I think I’ll wait for Thursday and slap it on
I'm paranoid about leaving the relatively cheap, and no re-sell value/demand, Ultra Gauge in the car in plain site mounted to the radio dash panel.

An AP in open view is just pleading for a break-in.

I'm paranoid about leaving the relatively cheap, and no re-sell value/demand, Ultra Gauge in the car in plain site mounted to the radio dash panel.

An AP in open view is just pleading for a break-in.
i should really take better care of mine. I always do this but take it off depending where I am.