Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Recently got my new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's installed on the front at the brand new Discount Tire location locally. The place literally still smelled like fresh paint inside! Super nice younger guys running the place, and they even let me drive my car into the bay since apparently not many of them can drive a manual. :LOL:
IMG_6883.jpeg

Also finally got around to installing my @Dpro negative rear camber plates! [thumb]
IMG_6888.jpeg

Install is super easy. Removed the wheel, backed out the wheel speed sensor bolt to remove the sensor and removed the 4 wheel bearing hub bolts. Cleaned the mating surfaces and slapped it back together with a dab of blue Loctite on each of the 4 bolts! (y)
IMG_6889.jpeg
IMG_6891.jpeg

The rear tires are tucked perfectly now! [twothumb]
IMG_6895.jpeg

Decided to take the car for a rip in the canyons since I now have matching f/r tires and the camber plates installed. The rear definitely has more grip and is less twitchy! While driving, I passed a Tuxedo Black FiST going the other way who promptly turned around, so I backed off so he could catch up with me. Though his car is largely stock aside from a set of Federal 595 RS-RR's, he kept up with me pretty well with the stickier tires! Nice dude named Chris who lives down in the Phoenix area and was up in the Prescott area enjoying the local roads! I wish I had taken better pics but we were chatting about our cars mostly! [driving]
IMG_6913.jpeg

When I got home, I may or may not have accidentally started browsing @ron@whoosh's website and couldn't help myself, so I ordered a few goodies for the car! [clap]

Picked up a set of Spec-D LED Tail Lights in Red and even ordered super bright LED reverse bulbs on eBay that came in at the same time! Excited to get these installed!
IMG_7032.jpeg

Also picked up some iSincer LED Side Mirror Turn Signals in clear. I'm not sure I really like the look of the clear, so I may swap these out for the smoked ones.
IMG_7036.jpeg

Since I recently installed a new E30 Tune from @pwnall1337 aka Monster Tuned, I figured it'd be a good idea to stiffen up the motor mounts a bit with the Powerflex Front Upper Engine and Trans Mount Inserts as well as the Upper Engine Mount Bolt Upgrade! :cool:
IMG_7040.jpeg

Ron of Whoosh was also kind enough to throw this funny tasting graham cracker into the box with the parts! :geek:
IMG_7041.jpeg

Last edited:
Recently got my new Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's installed on the front at the brand new Discount Tire location locally. The place literally still smelled like fresh paint inside! Super nice younger guys running the place, and they even let me drive my car into the bay since apparently not many of them can drive a manual. :LOL:
View attachment 43144

Also finally got around to installing my @Dpro negative rear camber plates! [thumb]
View attachment 43145

Install is super easy. Removed the wheel, backed out the wheel speed sensor bolt to remove the sensor and removed the 4 wheel bearing hub bolts. Cleaned the mating surfaces and slapped it back together with a dab of blue Loctite on each of the 4 bolts! (y)
View attachment 43146
View attachment 43147

View attachment 43148

Decided to take the car for a rip in the canyons since I now have matching f/r tires and the camber plates installed. The rear definitely has more grip and is less twitchy! While driving, I passed a Tuxedo Black FiST going the other way who promptly turned around, so I backed off so he could catch up with me. Though his car is largely stock aside from a set of Federal 595 RS-RR's, he kept up with me pretty well with the stickier tires! Nice dude named Chris who lives down in the Phoenix area and was up in the Prescott area enjoying the local roads! I wish I had taken better pics but we were chatting about our cars mostly! [driving]
View attachment 43149

When I got home, I may or may not have accidentally started browsing @ron@whoosh's website and couldn't help myself, so I ordered a few goodies for the car! [clap]

Picked up a set of Spec-D LED Tail Lights in Red and even ordered super bright LED reverse bulbs on eBay that came in at the same time! Excited to get these installed!
View attachment 43151

Also picked up some iSincer LED Side Mirror Turn Signals in clear. I'm not sure I really like the look of the clear, so I may swap these out for the tinted ones.
View attachment 43152

Since I recently installed a new E30 Tune from @pwnall1337 aka Monster Tuned, I figured it'd be a good idea to stiffen up the motor mounts a bit with the Powerflex Front Upper Engine and Trans Mount Inserts as well as the Upper Engine Mount Bolt Upgrade! :cool:
View attachment 43153

Ron of Whoosh was also kind enough to throw this funny tasting graham cracker into the box with the parts! :geek:
View attachment 43154
I had those tyres and I blew through the fronts in 2 months, just be careful about wheelspin! The rears were still like 7/32 when the fronts were at 2, so I rotated them and im running that for the time being.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 43144

I WISH that we had those shops around here! [:(]

I don't know if they jack up their tire prices at their brick and mortar stores vs. online, but they consistently beat Tire Rack on mail order pricing, albeit TR has some 'exclusives' from some of the manufacturers which cannot be had through DTD.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I WISH that we had those shops around here! [:(]

I don't know if they jack up their tire prices at their brick and mortar stores vs. online, but they consistently beat Tire Rack on mail order pricing, albeit TR has some 'exclusives' from some of the manufacturers which cannot be had through DTD.
Creamery Tire has a newer place in Chalfont that seems pretty good. A friend swears by them and said if you buy your tires through them its actually cheaper out the door mounted and balanced.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
View attachment 43144

View attachment 43145

View attachment 43146
View attachment 43147

View attachment 43148

View attachment 43149

View attachment 43151

Also picked up some iSincer LED Side Mirror Turn Signals in clear. I'm not sure I really like the look of the clear, so I may swap these out for the tinted ones.
View attachment 43152

View attachment 43153

View attachment 43154
I wonder if I would benefit from rear camber plates? Performance/aesthetics, uneven tire wear? Dpro do you have a thread summary? I'll search soon. Tired and lazy at the moment. Picked up a new oil feed line for future hybrid..

Edit read the camber plate thread. I understand now lol.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Creamery Tire has a newer place in Chalfont that seems pretty good. A friend swears by them and said if you buy your tires through them its actually cheaper out the door mounted and balanced.
I will check them out, thanks. [thumb]

Did he mention how they are for alignments (price, will they touch camber and caster at all?), and price for road force or regular balance for both already mounted setups, and for walk-in with wheels/tires not bought there (price, care, etc.)?

RT Tuning is getting almost $200.00 for a one time alignment currently, but they WILL at least try to get some camber, and whatever little caster they possibly could find.

Unlike the dealers who will never touch anything if it is even at the very far limits of 'in spec' and very uneven side to side (same with some of the tire stores as well). [:(] [mad]

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I will check them out, thanks. [thumb]

Did he mention how they are for alignments (price, will they touch camber and caster at all?), and price for road force or regular balance for both already mounted setups, and for walk-in with wheels/tires not bought there (price, care, etc.)?
No details like that. I actually used them once to mount some tire rack tires I had for my daily. Walked in and they took me in less than 20 min. As far as I know all they do at least in Chalfont are the mount/balance, no alignment set up when I was in last year. This was before I picked up the Fist.

Even after replacing front control arms with powerflex bushes and new ball joints, new front shocks, plus new rear shocks and powerflex bushes the car is still bouncy and unsettled in corners.. I think front sway bar bushes and links must be the cause..?

It does seem to lean over a lot in corners.. anyone else got those adjustable sway Bar links in their car and are they worth it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Even after replacing front control arms with powerflex bushes and new ball joints, new front shocks, plus new rear shocks and powerflex bushes the car is still bouncy and unsettled in corners.. I think front sway bar bushes and links must be the cause..?

It does seem to lean over a lot in corners.. anyone else got those adjustable sway Bar links in their car and are they worth it?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
Something must be mis-matched. Do you mind sharing the details of the rest of your setup? FWIW, I haven't messed with the front bushings or links, and I'm happy with how it handles

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Keeping the dust and water spots off. The main products used plus a new wheel cleaner which has done the best job so far compared to some of the others I've used. The carpro DLUX was to coat my wheel center caps and was going to do exhaust tips but decided I prefer having the ability to polish them as needed. I have zero camera skills like some on here. Put LED in my daily focus which was a pain in the ass compared to the Fist. Had to put in those 6 ohm resisters.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wiped it down with Poor Boys waterless wash (it's gonna rain here Wednesday, so I did not bother breaking out the hose and bucket and wasting water [wink]), and a quick coat of the Pinnacle Sovereign spray wax/sealant stuff.

I will fully water wash it, and then Collinite 845, or their paste 476, once we can get a decent time frame with no rain.

Also re-did the sticky 3M tape for my effed-up passenger side factory skirt, and soaked the interior door cards (especially the tops, since they fade/discolor the most from the sun) with Aerospace 303 Protectant.

Since I just learned that the New York Forest Rally is cancelled this year [thumbdown] [mad] [:(] I may throw the Pro Race 1.2s/RS-RRs on, when I get the chance, to have a bit of fun before and until it gets too cold for them to function at all. [driving]

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Finally pulled the trigger on a whoosh hybrid just now. While it wont get installed until next spring, this will give me some time to see if I want to do a ported mani and milltek dp to go with it as planned, however its been suggested those two items arent as big a deal with a hybrid. I am also going to do a little research into which wastegate to grab. I'm leaning Tune +.

Remi

I installed the Whoosh short shift adapter with the associated bushings. Man, this feels so much better now. Install was a bit of pain for me, because I was rushing trying to beat a rainstorm. After I was all done and cleaned up, I went for a drive after dinner. I'm very happy with this simple mod.

Got the Spec-D LED Tail Lights installed, and I think they look great with the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat! :love:

IMG_7343.jpeg
IMG_7348.jpeg

Took a road trip down to Phoenix to pick up a paint matching and dentless rear door for my Jeep Cherokee XJ project. Also topped off my E85 cans and topped off the car with E30. :cool:
IMG_7408.jpeg
IMG_7409.jpeg

Decided to take the scenic way home. [driving]
IMG_7415.jpeg

A few evening pictures of the tail lights. I also got the iSincer LED Side Mirror Turn Signals installed. They're bright and I actually like the look of the clear ones now that they're installed!
IMG_7427.jpeg
IMG_7401.jpeg

Now that all of the other lighting on the car is upgraded, the headlights are next! I've got OEM Hella Euro Projectors on order! [twothumb]

Oh, and I recently picked up a couple of stickers. One for the FiST and one for my Jeep Cherokee XJ! [loveboost]
IMG_7402.jpeg

Got the Spec-D LED Tail Lights installed, and I think they look great with the White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat! :love:

View attachment 43271
View attachment 43272

Took a road trip down to Phoenix to pick up a paint matching and dentless rear door for my Jeep Cherokee XJ project. Also topped off my E85 cans and topped off the car with E30. :cool:
View attachment 43273
View attachment 43274

Decided to take the scenic way home. [driving]
View attachment 43275

A few evening pictures of the tail lights. I also got the iSincer LED Side Mirror Turn Signals installed. They're bright and I actually like the look of the clear ones now that they're installed!
View attachment 43276
View attachment 43277

Now that all of the other lighting on the car is upgraded, the headlights are next! I've got OEM Hella Euro Projectors on order! [twothumb]

Oh, and I recently picked up a couple of stickers. One for the FiST and one for my Jeep Cherokee XJ! [loveboost]
View attachment 43278
Strongly considering upgrading my taillights for the spec d leds. Do you have any pictures directly from the back with them on and with brakes engaged? Interested to see how they look from the bake and how much brighter they are. Car is very clean btw. 👍