Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Omg, I never thought to try that! Thanks!

But seriously @Ford ST , if you are under the 45 second timeout AND the fob can be detected, you don't even have to press the handle button. The horn honks twice, just like tpms learning. Pull the handle, it's not even locked. I suggest you try it out so you are more familiar with the smart key and it's not so smart limitations.

I did some tests and the 45 second timer inside the smart key DOES affect whether you get locked out or not.

Under 45 secs, placement does matter. If it isn't detected, you will get locked out.
Over 45 secs, placement of the fob doesn't matter. You will get locked out!

Try it yourself... put it on the rear seat floor, trunk area, even the driver seat bottom where it meets the the seat back. There I got mixed results under 45 secs. Sometimes it honked, sometimes it doesn't.

Like the service mgr said, it happens all the time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I have tried three different locations for the key fob. Center console, glove box and under the seat. Came back several minutes later and the car was not locked. I have had the car for over 4 years and frequently leave the key fob in the car when I wash it. I have never been locked out.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
For about the fourth time, I locked myself out of the car. Thankfully, I have roadside w/Ford and another roadside svc. No hidden key for the car or house.

I got out to take these new-to-me wheel pics at Costco... lol

Well @M-Sport fan , how do you like the white on grey NOW? "Prismatic - Pearl Sparkle" I will take some sunny-side pics when I get home...

EDITED: Sunny-side up pics added.

As much as I am not a fan of/crazy about most of the 5 spoke wheels out there on this car (I know that many on here are though), those look really good! [thumb]

So much so that I am considering the 'rally white' color for Braid Fullrace A, if I ever get those (and save almost $450 for not getting the extra cost gold I wanted), or any other 15x7 real rally wheels (Braid Acropolis/Speedline 2118s).

Phil's Tire actually told me that Team Dynamics (now that they are independent from Rimstock as a parent company) is coming out with a new Pro Rally model wheel, which will also be 'standard' in rally white.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
What I love is the fact that if you double lock the car there is no way to unlock it even from inside the car. I tried it out and the "lock/unlock" button on the dash is disabled..

I haven't yet tried to see if it disables a key fob that's in the car when being locked by the other key fob from outside the car tho...

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk
Can you please clarify:
What is double-lock?
Sitting/moving?
Engine on/off?
Thanks.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I have tried three different locations for the key fob. Center console, glove box and under the seat. Came back several minutes later and the car was not locked. I have had the car for over 4 years and frequently leave the key fob in the car when I wash it. I have never been locked out.

When you frequently leave the fob in the car when washing are you pressing the dashboard lock button and NOT closing the door immediately? I would assume so.
Give it a try.

Put the fob anywhere in the car with the door open.
Press dash lock button.
Wait at least 45 seconds.
Close the door.
Are you locked out?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
When you frequently leave the fob in the car when washing are you pressing the dashboard lock button and NOT closing the door immediately? I would assume so.
Give it a try.

Put the fob anywhere in the car with the door open.
Press dash lock button.
Wait at least 45 seconds.
Close the door.
Are you locked out?

I lock the car with the key fob. Why would I lock the car with the button on the radio just to open the door and walk away?
The only time I use that button is to unlock the doors for passengers. I always use the key fob to lock a car.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I lock the car with the key fob. Why would I lock the car with the button on the radio just to open the door and walk away?

Really? SMH....The door is open, THEN you lock with the dash button. You may not do that, but I can't be THE only fiesta owner worldwide that does it on occasion.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Really? SMH....The door is open, THEN you lock with the dash button. You may not do that, but I can't be THE only fiesta owner worldwide that does it on occasion.

Every person I know locks the car with the key fob. The work truck I drive you have to lock the vehicle from the outside to prevent you from locking the keys in it.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Every person I know locks the car with the key fob. The work truck I drive you have to lock the vehicle from the outside to prevent you from locking the keys in it.

Well, I guess Ford wasted money on a dash button, wire, fuse and R&D. Congrats, you know some awesome people.

The fiesta will prevent you from locking the key in too. IF...you do it within 45 seconds. I just read it's 40 seconds, but FordST, you must have the smart key as pictured below. Idk when it was released in the US, bc I've read two different posts.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well, I guess Ford wasted money on a dash button, wire, fuse and R&D. Congrats, you know some awesome people.

The fiesta will prevent you from locking the key in too. IF...you do it within 45 seconds. I just read it's 40 seconds, but FordST, you must have the smart key as pictured below. Idk when it was released in the US, bc I've read two different posts.

I'm not the one locking my keys in the car. They are awesome because they're not having to call anyone to get the keys out of their car.

Well, whilst you fellers are busy playing with your fobs, here's how I enter/exit my car.

I walk up to it(with the key in my pocket) grab the handle, push the little square button on the handle and I'm in.

The key remains in my pocket while I drive to my destination. The doors lock automatically when I start driving. If there are people I want to enter the car, I use the button just below the radio. If there are people that I don't want to enter the car, I use the button just below the radio.

When I reach my destination(with the key still in my pocket), I get out, close the door and push the little square on the door handle again, thus locking the car and arming the alarm.

Keyless Entry/Exit.

iu-1.gif

Well, whilst you fellers are busy playing with your fobs, here's how I enter/exit my car.

I walk up to it(with the key in my pocket) grab the handle, push the little square button on the handle and I'm in.

The key remains in my pocket while I drive to my destination. The doors lock automatically when I start driving. If there are people I want to enter the car, I use the button just below the radio. If there are people that I don't want to enter the car, I use the button just below the radio.

When I reach my destination(with the key still in my pocket), I get out, close the door and push the little square on the door handle again, thus locking the car and arming the alarm.

Keyless Entry/Exit.

View attachment 43865

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyless Entry/Exit.

View attachment 43865
This is the same way I do it. I don’t like the lock button on the dash as most times I’ve used it, it doesn’t do what I’m expecting it to.. (having to push it like 3 times to unlock the doors for passengers- opened the driver door first while cars on then still sitting in the car push the button and it locks the doors instead of unlocking the rest)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Man, great laughs this morning thank you. I leave my key in the console at the track but I always leave the windows down because I’m afraid I’ll get locked out 😂 The door lock button on the radio has confused me more than once. Please don’t judge 🤣

Can you please clarify:
What is double-lock?
Sitting/moving?
Engine on/off?
Thanks.

Double lock is done by double pressing the "lock" button on the key fob, indicator lamps also flash.

One press of the lock button on the key fob locks the car with no indicator light flash and allows the doors to be opened from inside the car but locked from the outside..

Sent from my Redmi 8 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@flbchbm and I will be the odd balls here. He and I open the door then hit the dash button to lock it. It might explain how Ford missed this. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/set-off-the-alarm.11897/ Keyfob always stays in the pocket.

Ever had pants that like to donate stuff? That fob could end up under the seat while driving because it fell out of your pocket.

@flbchbm and I will be the odd balls here. He and I open the door then hit the dash button to lock it. It might explain how Ford missed this. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/set-off-the-alarm.11897/ Keyfob always stays in the pocket.

Ever had pants that like to donate stuff? That fob could end up under the seat while driving because it fell out of your pocket.
Maybe I'm weird but most of the time I'm in shorts/pants with elastic waistbands (chef....also live in Florida so basketball shorts are a must), so i just tuck my keys/fob inside my waistband and go about my day. Interesting to hear/see that there seems to be a way to lock your keys in the car however, I was told differently and glad I didn't have to find out the hard way.

Last edited:

I have a 2019 as well and have these fobs.....did all '19s not come with them? Genuine question