Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hopefully get these fitted today.. Those sway bar links look too long to me.. hope not tho..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk
PLEASE let us know how those coil overs hold up to bombed-out roads/bad surfaces (IF you have any in your area) once you have them installed for a while.

I am considering the Panda Motorworks 'rally modified' version of those for mine. [wink]

I keep going back and forth between the whoosh and S280. I got the roads down here to stretch the legs on the S280, but the practical side of me thinks the whoosh would be about as fun for cheaper and an easier install.
It was very easy to install. It's nice to be able to install quickly/easily. Plus the difference between s280 and hybrid on stock fuel is tiny. But if you go full fuel and other supporting mods for big HP. you would want the S280, hybrid will be fine otherwise. Plenty of pros here.

Finally got my OEM Ford Clear LED 3rd Brake Light installed w/ the flasher relay! [thumb]
IMG_8491.jpeg

The car also got it's first detail in nearly a month since I've been traveling! It was so bad I had to wash it 3x to get it clean, which left no time to actually clean the engine bay, so that's a project for later! :LOL:
IMG_8471.jpeg

Finally all fresh for Cars and Coffee the next morning! IMG_8504.jpeg

And now it will actually stay clean overnight rather than allow random overnight rain clouds that don't even show up on radar to ruin my perfect shine! :ROFLMAO:
IMG_8505.jpeg

After Cars and Coffee, I went for a long spirited drive for lunch and then later again for dinner. On the way back, I couldn't help but grab a couple of shots of what I would consider near perfect light! Love the lines on this car! :)
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8606.jpeg

More recently, I decided that I might as well upgrade all of the induction and intercooler piping, so I ordered a Mountune Induction Hose so the evap harness is plug and play.
IMG_8772.jpeg

I also picked up this awesome "Cosmic White" Crossover Pipe from @ron@whoosh! It doesn't quite match my White Platinum Metallic paint but looks great installed! It's got a cool flake in the paint as you can see in the daylight! [twothumb]
IMG_8466.jpeg

Also picked up the Whoosh Cold Side Intercooler Pipe just to complete the loop of piping! Grabbed a couple extra oil filters as well to stick on my garage shelf since I have a lot of road trips coming up! :)
IMG_8766.jpeg
IMG_8773.jpeg

Oh and can't forget the sticker and banana flavored wafer-on-a-rope. :geek:
IMG_8768.jpeg

While I had some time today, I decided to install the Induction Hose, Crossover Pipe, as well as the Hot and Cold side intercooler pipes and hoses.

The windshield wipers and cowl definitely don't have to be removed in order to install the Crossover Pipe and Induction Hose. The easiest way that I found was to remove the passenger side headlight, carefully move the coolant resevoir out of the way(leaving hoses attached), and you've got plenty of access to get to the hose clamps with a 1/4in ratchet and 7 or 8mm socket.
IMG_8784.jpeg
IMG_8786.jpeg

I was even able to sneak the Crossover Pipe in there with the Induction hose already attached to it. This setup compliments my ST200 Airbox perfectly and still looks pretty subtle! ;)(y) (Excuse the dirty engine bay, that's a project for soon!)
IMG_8794.jpeg

While I was installing the Cold Side Pipe, I noticed a long deceased mouse that was lodged between my radiator and fan shroud. I checked all wiring all over the engine to make sure this little sucker didn't chew on anything important, and luckily found no damage. That's it's head and whiskers in the right side of this pic. Rest in pieces little guy. :rolleyes: IMG_8790.jpeg

Hot and Cold side pipes installed. I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the ease of fitment and clearance of these Whoosh pipes, great quality from Ron! [twothumb]
IMG_8807.jpeg

Took the car for a drive after installing everything and it feels great! Difficult to say if there were actually any gains, but it pulls just as hard as it ever has! Now I feel like the car is ready for a Whoosh Hybrid Turbo when the time is right. [driving]

Also, Happy Halloween everyone! [cheers]

Last edited:
Amateur. This is probably half of what I have.
I was a little sad that my last order for pads and brake lines didn't have any but that's the way it goes I suppose. I will say though the boat paint sticker makes a fine addition the to sticker collection. I will give whoever finds the dizzy tuning sticker 2 free internet points 20211031_202051.jpg 20211031_202002.jpg 20211031_202135.jpg

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Oil change. First time emptying the catch can. About 1000 miles. I like to put it away with fresh oil for the winter. With any luck will be getting fresh 5w30 with the hybrid install this spring. (If the world is still here)

Used the wine glass to show what came out of catch can.

Attachments

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Oil and filter change, tire rotation and some brake maintenance.

My car is 4 years old and has 17,000 miles. There have been multiple posts of the rear brake calipers getting seized due to the caliper pins being very dry. Well I removed all of the brake caliper pins, and greased them. All of them were in good shape and really didn't need it.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Oil change. First time emptying the catch can. About 1000 miles. I like to put it away with fresh oil for the winter. With any luck will be getting fresh 5w30 with the hybrid install this spring. (If the world is still here)

Used the wine glass to show what came out of catch can.
Put the oem wheels back on. Grabbed some oil for the daily and for the turbo install. Will probably be a lot more expensive by then. Figured I would do the penzoil for the break in period then switch back to my amsoil.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Oil and filter change, tire rotation and some brake maintenance.

My car is 4 years old and has 17,000 miles. There have been multiple posts of the rear brake calipers getting seized due to the caliper pins being very dry. Well I removed all of the brake caliper pins, and greased them. All of them were in good shape and really didn't need it.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I need to do this as well, when I do brakes for the first time on this car.

If you still have the factory radiator, you can use the longer Ultra 3600 filters.
Yes, they are a little harder to finagle into position, but they do fit (but most likely NOT with any aftermarket radiator).

Sam4

I miss the fun I had in it, and I learned a lot of about cars because of it. Direct injection/turbo motors have come a long way in reliability since then. Remember EGR deletes? Throttle body coolant bypass? Pivot shaft seal leak? Exploding oil dipstick? Smoking turbo? Changing spark plugs with a top mounted intercooler? I don't miss that shit. I do miss embarrassing just about anything on the road.
same! I learned that owner's forums are valuable places where lots of questionable activities are applauded!

brbauer2

I've been having a slowly worsening soft clutch the last couple weeks. There's been zero leaks anywhere and a couple pumps of the pedal would bring back full pressure. The pressure would last for a minute then it would be back to it's soft feel.

This led me to believe it was old fluid (89k miles) or air in the system causing the issue and not a bad master or slave.

The weather was finally dry and I had the time to reverse bleed the master/slave this afternoon.

I jacked up the front end and got to work following the Ford procedure for the reverse bleed (PDF attached).

Made myself a "pump" from 3ft of ¼" ID tubing and a dollar store condiment squeeze bottle. Grabbed a baster from the dollar store as well since I don't think the wife would approve of using the one from the kitchen.

I filled the bottle halfway then shoved it into one end of the tube, primed the tube so there was no air, shoved the open end onto the bleed valve, and squeezed the bottle while using the baster to suck the access out of the fluid reservoir.

I cleaned up and took the car out to run my errands and the clutch feels brand new!

View attachment 2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Clutch-System-Bleeding (1).pdf

Fitted these new shocks today.. But, what are those box shaped things on the old shocks as there is no mounting for them on the new shocks...?? I really hope they are no needed..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk