Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I ended up getting the right ignition coils in the end. Actually was lucky enough that one of their workers lives in a suburb near me and offered to come and swap the parts after I got home from work..

Definitely an improvement, engine has more (little bit) torque/power across the entire rev range, runs smother too and better throttle response. But it didn't cure my "3 cylinder startups".

Next I will replace the high pressure fuel pump cam bucket, got the part already and will be fitting it this weekend. Car's done 117000km so about time.. only option I have left really.. if that fails I have no clue as the car never miss fires when driving after that "3 cylinder BS is over just after almost every startup hot or cold".

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I ended up getting the right ignition coils in the end. Actually was lucky enough that one of their workers lives in a suburb near me and offered to come and swap the parts after I got home from work..

Definitely an improvement, engine has more (little bit) torque/power across the entire rev range, runs smother too and better throttle response. But it didn't cure my "3 cylinder startups".

Next I will replace the high pressure fuel pump cam bucket, got the part already and will be fitting it this weekend. Car's done 117000km so about time.. only option I have left really.. if that fails I have no clue as the car never miss fires when driving after that "3 cylinder BS is over just after almost every startup hot or cold".

When you do your Cam bucket....take a Straight edge ruler and see how much wear has happened !

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

When you do your Cam bucket....take a Straight edge ruler and see how much wear has happened !

Oh I definitely will !! I'm hungry to see myself.. probably not much after doing engine oil changes every 5K kilometers from brand new....

I seen a few YouTube videos and it looks like a bit of a mystery... I'm kinda getting worried that it will do jack shit.. From what I have seen.. But it's the only other thing I can round it down to, "starving for fuel", like the last piston on the fuel rail or something... But there is a sensor on the fuel line at the back of the engine just before the high pressure fuel pump that could maybe be playing up.. then there is also one on the fuel rail and another on in the high pressure fuel pump itself..

But, nobody is measuring this side of the part.... From what I have seen anyway.. Just a thought. I won't know till I get mine out and the ones online never show this side. It's definitely part of the equation..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
But, nobody is measuring this side of the part.... From what I have seen anyway.. Just a thought. I won't know till I get mine out and the ones online never show this side. It's definitely part of the equation..

The injectors IMO should be a Maitenence part at 75,000 miles or so. They take an absolute beating and get Dirty as fu$k. I've really thought about changing mine out to the larger injectors and see how mine are. I'll bet their DAF.

The injectors IMO should be a Maitenence part at 75,000 miles or so. They take an absolute beating and get Dirty as fu$k. I've really thought about changing mine out to the larger injectors and see how mine are. I'll bet their DAF.

Oh definitely! Especially being direct injected.. Are they hard to change? What about the carbon buildup in the combustion chamber on the tip of the injectors, basically welding them in.. bits will break off and could damage the turbo..

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh definitely! Especially being direct injected.. Are they hard to change? What about the carbon buildup in the combustion chamber on the tip of the injectors, basically welding them in.. bits will break off and could damage the turbo..

I got 4 port not worried about buildup on the intake valves or cylinders. Just more the injectors. There are a couple of good Videos on screwtube but they injector scaling will have to be adjusted by a tuner*

Sam4

I just did these yesterday, based on this post. At 95 thou, there is a noticeable improvement - idle stability, smoothness - like a new set of plugs.....$40 plugs, but no Model T "sparkplug wires" so all good!

Excited to hear if you can feel that trac bar making a difference for you! Jealous of those fresh tires going on. ;)
I can say with certainty, I was able to spin tires in all 6 gears after my last round of power mods/tunes (Mountune/Dizzy Stage 2). I'm sure part of that was the budget rubber (Riken Raptor A/S)... fingers crossed I do little better putting power down (but not so well that I get the itch to add even more 🤣)

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I can say with certainty, I was able to spin tires in all 6 gears after my last round of power mods/tunes (Mountune/Dizzy Stage 2). I'm sure part of that was the budget rubber (Riken Raptor A/S)... fingers crossed I do little better putting power down (but not so well that I get the itch to add even more 🤣)
Always will want more!

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Great design on that though I don't think I've seen it before. Where's it from?
https://www.adfcustoms.com/shop/fist/14skidplate
Yeah, I like the design too. If you're doing hardcore rallycross or rally, you'll want something stronger, but this skid plate works fine for spirited gravel driving and its very light.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Finally got it back from having the passenger front door and hatch replaced due to the "fiesta cancer". They noticed it on the driver side door and rear passenger door. Pointed it out to me and said I should have it added to the ticket to be covered. Anyhow IF I had to cover out of pocket this is what it cost them.

Putting the summer wheels on hopefully this weekend.

Attachments