Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If you're overheating, see whether or not it'll take more coolant by repeatedly filling to that return hose. It takes just one or a few hot/cold cycles for the level to lower. Any excess will simply be pushed out via spillway underneath the lid. (you'll smell it while driving)

I tried to perform a coolant flush this past Winter. I used the word, "tried", because following the manual, didn't get much out due to the design of the cooling system. But what I noticed on "refill"... which was actualy more like a top-off is, I could keep adding for quite a long time *if* I kept filling it up to the top-most hose... over and over and over and over and... If I just left it below that tube, wouldn't move; or at least would take wwaaayyy too many engine cycles. The system is going to cool much less efficiently if not truly full.

1650841468314.png

Last edited:
If you're overheating, see whether or not it'll take more coolant by repeatedly filling to that return hose. It takes just one or a few hot/cold cycles for the level to lower. Any excess will simply be pushed out via spillway underneath the lid. (you'll smell it while driving)

I tried to perform a coolant flush this past Winter. I used the word, "tried", because following the manual, didn't get much out due to the design of the cooling system. But what I noticed on "refill"... which was actualy more like a top-off is, I could keep adding for quite a long time *if* I kept filling it up to the top-most hose... over and over and over and over and... If I just below that tube, wouldn't move; or at least would take wwaaayyy too many engine cycles. The system is going to cool much less efficiently if not truly full.

View attachment 48414
After overheating last summer, I grabbed some coolant and topped it off and it remains a little above the “max” line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I've seen a few cases with cooling and hydraulic systems where it was easier to suck in air versus push out fluid. If yours is dripping, your system isn't sealed. In addition to not building to pressure, may be sucking air back into the reservoir during cool-down. Looks like some sort of compressed o-ring there. May have gotten badly distorted during hose insertion or/and got brittle. If not easy to locate a replacement o-ring (might be included with new hose part), might try a little RTV silicon sealant. Under those conditions, curing is going to be an issue however. I'd consider leaving the cap off while the vehicle sits for at least an additional 24 hours beyond normal cure time listed in the directions. Heat and/or moving air aids cure time. Humidity does not. https://www.amazon.com/s?k=high+temperature+silicon+o-ring+kit

Last edited:

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Sunday drive.

First warm Sunday drive I've taken.

First chance to break in the Falken Azenis rt660 tires.

First chance for a photo or two without salt and grime all over the car and roads.

View attachment 48441
Yo that blue with the red recs looks sick. Those blue are rare at least in my neck of the woods.

Sunday drive.

First warm Sunday drive I've taken.

First chance to break in the Falken Azenis rt660 tires.

First chance for a photo or two without salt and grime all over the car and roads.

View attachment 48441
Car is looking good! Any mods yet, besides the RT660's?
I don't know how you can drive with those rear seat headrests upright (maybe you had passengers). I fold mine down. Rear view is lacking as it is. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gotta meet up, sometime; we're right down the road from each other, or maybe time to get a SEPA meet going.

I don't know how you can drive with those rear seat headrests upright (maybe you had passengers). I fold mine down. Rear view is lacking as it is. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Gotta meet up, sometime; we're right down the road from each other, or maybe time to get a SEPA meet going.
I'm In!

BTW if any of you want to drive to Lancaster this weekend there's a small-er car show I'll be at. last year was like 40 cars, hopefully this year will be bigger

https://www.facebook.com/events/313...if_type":"event_weekly_digest","source":"29"}

Last edited:
I never even noticed! I have a 4C and the rearview is non-existent, so visibility from the FiST is excellent -- headrests or not!

As my sig says, she is stock. I'm 54 and all the tuning is out of my system now after owning 50+ cars over time. I stick to mods to bulletproof cars, so things like catch cans, improved engine/trans mounts, etc., are things I worry about now.

:D

Link says content not available.

Give me some info on that. If a Cars 'n' Coffee thing, I'll come by. I am in Chester County, just 10 minutes from Lancaster County and will always head there for a good drive, meetup, etc.

Link says content not available.

Give me some info on that. If a Cars 'n' Coffee thing, I'll come by. I am in Chester County, just 10 minutes from Lancaster County and will always head there for a good drive, meetup, etc.
huh, weird.

no, it's a car show a good friend of mine does annually for a Doberman rescue thing. I think to enter for a trophy they ask for a donation, but if you don't care about competing you can just show up and hang out. this is the 3rd year, last year was like 40 cars so not huge but not bad either. they have music and a food truck.

Screenshot 2022-04-27 093108.png

there's the address for anyone that wants it. if you know the area, it's in the rockvale parking lot on 30