Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
How bright are the taillights with the tinted spec-d lights? I cant decide if i want to go tinted or just get red and add a lighter film

I would prefer not to get rear ended lol
I think they are plenty bright BUT the blinker is definitely on the small side. I feel like the blinker is not the most noticeable especially during the day.

Braking portion seems plenty bright and I swapped the reverse for some super bright LED.

Intuit

3000 Post Club

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I drove the Pennsylvania Tail Of The Dragon, up to Shamokin, on Saturday. Took 90 minutes to get to the beginning, before an hour-plus drive of the roads that make it up. I spoke to some other peeps at a Cars and Coffee last year, and they endorsed it. They drove a mix of cars, from GTIs to M3s, and they said it was worth it.

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/motorcycle-roads/pennsylvania/gold-mine-road-to-route-125

It wasn't worth it. I live near much better roads. Was it good? Ok, sure.

Few bits of fun, but it would be best for a Fall run and light spirited driving, where the scenery matters (although again, it's not worth the drive even for that, given other options).

I drove the Pennsylvania Tail Of The Dragon, up to Shamokin, on Saturday. Took 90 minutes to get to the beginning, before an hour-plus drive of the roads that make it up. I spoke to some other peeps at a Cars and Coffee last year, and they endorsed it. They drove a mix of cars, from GTIs to M3s, and they said it was worth it.

https://www.motorcycleroads.com/motorcycle-roads/pennsylvania/gold-mine-road-to-route-125

Few bits of fun, but it would be best for a Fall run and light spirited driving, where the scenery matters (although again, it's not worth the drive even for that, given other options).

A buddy of mine has been trying to get me to wake up early to hit this. Sorry to hear it does not live up to expectations. I may still give it a run at some point.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Some of the roads we (and the competitors) used to get out to the STPR gravel stages out near Galeton and Germania were pretty good (and NO ONE is on them).

But that is even way further north and west of that Pennsy 'Tail' route. [:(]

It's a fairly short stretch, but it is freshly paved; 1015 and 1009 south from RT 78 into 143 is fairly entertaining. [:)] [driving]
(It's the way I get to Susquehanna Motorsports, and it's near Crystal Cave.)

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I got off of 78 at Krumsville (Exit 40, I believe?) onto 737 south, a sharp right onto 1015 west, which turns into 1009 west (Dunkels Church Road).

Sam4

I need to find some good roads to drive in PA
Rt32 -River Road. Washington Crossing to Easton. Get up early......Strasburg Rd/Rt162 East Bradford to Parkesburg - same thing...Rt 209 from Jim Thorpe east. Hell, Rt 56 from Bedford to Johnstown is fun - a little bleak....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I sometimes do that River Road (32) drive as a 'burn the fuel outta the oil' function when I have some time to kill.

I am not sure it is fully open yet between Centre Bridge/Lumberville and Easton, since the horrid flooding from hurricane Ida tore sections of that road to shreds. [:(]

REAL nice drive along the Delaware, through some nice little river towns, but not super twisty. [thumb]

Wilksbarre, PA -- from here, set destination as "Bath, NY'' to force a NW heading/drive. Settings in Maps: "Avoid highways; Avoid tolls"

Routes should hug the Susquehanna. Take the '5 minutes longer' grey options when GMaps offers these options. Get lost. Or don't avoid the highway and take 6, which can be incredibly high-speed, and you will have pickup truck drivers that will run off the mountain to prove they can hang. All along this run up along the Susquehanna, I am hard pressed to remember more adrenaline getting dumped into my blood stream. Did it in the 4C.

South and West of Philly, in Chester County -- from here, find routes, 841, 82, 53, 896, 842 and get lost. Leave setting as 'Avoid Highways; Avoid tolls. Pick random destinations.

----

Pertains to all the above: Do not under any circumstances drive these roads at 10/10ths unless you've memorized them. You will encounter tightening radius turns (decreasing radius), so if you apex at max grip, and you encounter a decreasing radius, you're going off the road, down the mountain, into opposite traffic or into a tree -- no questions asked.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Or don't avoid the highway and take 6, which can be incredibly high-speed, and you will have pickup truck drivers that will run off the mountain to prove they can hang. All along this run up along the Susquehanna, I am hard pressed to remember more adrenaline getting dumped into my blood stream.
I'd like to see ANY pickup try to hang with even the FiST, let alone the 4C! [crazyeye] [histerical] [driving]

SPhilli911

Found some bizarre paint defects on the passenger door, looks like paint bubbling. Never seen this before, but the line is oddly similar to the shape of the side mirror, so maybe just that the sun is bouncing off the mirror in just the right way to cause damage? That's my guess, though I've never seen anything like that before.

20220505_111220.jpg

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Might have to start parking, facing another direction. Some time ago there was a sky scraper erected with mirror cladding. When the sun hit a certain angle, it literally started cooking objects and melting cars parts on the street. Some rather expensive cars had some rather expensive damage. Needless to say they had to rethink the building.

Found some bizarre paint defects on the passenger door, looks like paint bubbling. Never seen this before, but the line is oddly similar to the shape of the side mirror, so maybe just that the sun is bouncing off the mirror in just the right way to cause damage? That's my guess, though I've never seen anything like that before.
Similar to @Intuit 's input, the high-reflective glass is now finding its way into homes and small businesses, and it melting trim, bumpers and bubbling paint. The glass reflects back so much UV energy, and is now more common than just in the mega-expensive skyscrapers. More and more reports are popping up where cars are being damaged from it.

https://www.wral.com/glare-from-energy-efficient-windows-can-melt-siding-vehicles/13614716/

'...Weeks after moving into a new home in Apex in December, Michelle Curtis noticed that plastic parts of her SUV had bubbled and melted.
“It was pretty unbelievable,” she said. “It’s like, could this really be happening? Could the reflection of the sun on a window of a house do this kind of damage to a vehicle?”

Experts say it is possible. The windows, which use low-emissivity glass, can act like a magnifying glass and reflect the sun’s rays.