Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The older ones are ~20 lb. in. higher in spring rate.

No one knows the exact date of this production line change, but it seems to have taken place sometime in very early '16 build runs, so I have the lower, latter spring rates. [:(]

the duke

The older ones are ~20 lb. in. higher in spring rate.

No one knows the exact date of this production line change, but it seems to have taken place sometime in very early '16 build runs, so I have the lower, latter spring rates. [:(]
It was during the change-over for the ST200. As you said, when specifically that change-over occured we don't know.

Technically yesterday, but i gave my ST the royal cleaning treatment. Wash, clay bar, polish and finished with a graphene ceramic coat. Came out brilliant!

Attachments

(Saturday) Did front pads and rotors. Realized that the previous owner installed the wrong size rotors. They must have been regular fiesta rotors, much too small in diameter. Very happy now, the car stops SO much better. You can see how the pad wore around the top of the rotor.

Attachments

Business6

Placed a rather large order with chemical guys now that we have things a bit more set up with our first home. Haven't manually washed or done multi-step paint protection any of my cars since like 2008 due to living situations and tired of automatic washes destroying shit on the car.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
(Saturday) Did front pads and rotors. Realized that the previous owner installed the wrong size rotors. They must have been regular fiesta rotors, much too small in diameter. Very happy now, the car stops SO much better. You can see how the pad wore around the top of the rotor.
I've seen this before. It usually a meatball parts counter person error....or Frugal owner who wants to save a $1. I've seen serious mis-matched rotors on vehicles before especially with Performance vehicles. The pads are usually almost full still on the outer edge 10% and down the the backing plate on the inner edge 90%. Good thing you were intelligent enough to catch it!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Not today, but this past Saturday I installed 70a AWR passenger and transmission side mounts with my buddy. Definitely appreciated the second set of eyes/hands for the trans side. It was a little tricky getting the trans studs lined up with the AWR but we did it.

Also, huge shout out to AWR for the customer support. I had a question Saturday, basically needing reassurance on how that back bushing should be installed. Even though AWR is closed on Saturdays, someone on their Facebook page responded almost immediately to my help request. Absolutely incredible.

Notes so far with maybe 20 miles on the mounts because I'm sure there will be questions. PM me for any other discussion!
  • Big change in vibrations. I only had a Whoosh orange bushing RMM before which caused basically no vibrations, but these added a ton.
    • The vibrations have already calmed down immensely
    • As of right now, nothing "hard" can be in the glovebox or else it'll rattle like crazy lol. Example: spline lug key
    • At idle whether AC is on or off, the seats give a light massage, steering wheel vibrates, all mirrors vibrate. All very minimum though. AC barely adds any additional vibes.
    • Vibrations are not even close to a deal breaker as they're not bad at all. The mounts will break in a bit for sure.
  • Huge change in shifter feel and shifts in general.
    • Each gear change engages tight at the shifter. It just feels like the shifter hard stops when it lands in gear. I also have all shifter bushings and a Mountune shifter on the trans. These mounts added LOTS of tightness - night and day different in the best way.
    • Engine movement is practically non-existent. Coming off throttle to disengage the clutch just feels crazy because it's so solid. It's really hard to describe without being in the car. Back on the throttle, response feels super crisp, but again, hard to describe. Nothing bucks around at all.
Overall thrilled with the mounts and have 0 regret going "stiff" :cool:

Attachments

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Went to double check my hoses after IC install. Glanced and saw the BPV was accessible without taking the wheel off, so I swapped in the GFB DV+.

I think I’m losing about 2 psi to the new intercooler. Granted, I’m holding off on retuning until after I get a couple more parts on.