Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Raistron

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I hit 100k miles on my fiesta yesterday
The check engine light is EVAP related, before anyone starts judging me 😂
Wouldn't dream of judging someone for a CEL, I've got a V6 G8 that has had a constant CEL since 2018, and not for lack of trying to fix it, its just a stubborn SOB!

Sam4

Can't get the hub (top hole) back into the strut yoke. What am I doing wrong? Wanted to change out the top hat mount - no joy today - everything looks ok, but it wont budge. I don't think I let the CV joint "over-dangle".....again...

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Can't get the hub (top hole) back into the strut yoke. What am I doing wrong? Wanted to change out the top hat mount - no joy today - everything looks ok, but it wont budge. I don't think I let the CV joint "over-dangle".....again...
Give it a lick and tickle... it'll go!

Our ST has been hit twice and we never had to pay the deductible. It takes a week or so longer, but rather than going through our own insurance company, we went through the other person's insurance company. It took about a week longer, but we didn't have to pay anything or wait on a refund.
I had to do that.. I was bloody lucky!! Because my own fkn insurance company decided to cancel my policy once they knew I needed them! Then I heard other people's similar stories with the same insurance company and their cars been left unfixed.. On top of all that it happened right at the start of this BS plandemic..

I was lucky enough to have the video of the crash and the truck failing to give way and side swiping me.. I chased down the truck driver and somehow was able to go through his insurance, he also lied but then I sent the video footage and that was the end of that.. videos don't lie.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

That's 3 years of construction parking's worth.

But now that I'm mostly retired from that kind of work, it would probably be worth detailing in and out.
I clean my engine bay about once or twice a month.. i try to clean the car properly at least once a week.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I clean my engine bay about once or twice a month.. i try to clean the car properly at least once a week.

I'm a use and abuse kind of car owner. Hell, this is the first time since I've owned it that I wasn't reliant on it to get me to work which is the only reason why I'm modding it. You should see the scratches down the side from hitting a piece of sheet metal air duct at 70mph.

Raistron

Going for best bang for buck mods. Intercooler, now crossover pipe. Managed to do it without removing the cowel, wasn’t bad.
I found it possible to put an entire intake in with the cowl still in with the battery box pulled out, would only recommend that if you're doing Short shift kit and bushings at the same time though.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I found it possible to put an entire intake in with the cowl still in with the battery box pulled out, would only recommend that if you're doing Short shift kit and bushings at the same time though.
I actually tried to take the cowl off, but after removing the nuts from my wipers, the arms refused to budge, and I was worried I might end up having to replace the entire wiper assembly. I'm sure with some penetrating oil they would've come off but I decided to just suffer through.

I took a tiny flat head screwdriver and ran it under the coupler between the stock crossover and the TIP because the coupler was cooked on, then steadily pulled and twisted on the crossover until it gave. I was worried about cracking the TIP, but once the seal was broken, it came off really easily. I also loosened the coupler at the airbox to twist that pipe out of the way. Then took a little finagling to pull out the crossover, and it'll put a little pressure on the cowl, but not enough to risk breaking anything.

I'm kinda glad to not have had to remove the cowl, seems like an unnecessary step if the crossover is all you're doing.

Raistron

I actually tried to take the cowl off, but after removing the nuts from my wipers, the arms refused to budge, and I was worried I might end up having to replace the entire wiper assembly. I'm sure with some penetrating oil they would've come off but I decided to just suffer through.

I took a tiny flat head screwdriver and ran it under the coupler between the stock crossover and the TIP because the coupler was cooked on, then steadily pulled and twisted on the crossover until it gave. I was worried about cracking the TIP, but once the seal was broken, it came off really easily. I also loosened the coupler at the airbox to twist that pipe out of the way. Then took a little finagling to pull out the crossover, and it'll put a little pressure on the cowl, but not enough to risk breaking anything.

I'm kinda glad to not have had to remove the cowl, seems like an unnecessary step if the crossover is all you're doing.
Yeah, I had the same issue when I tried to remove the cowl, didn't end up wanting to risk it so I finagled it in and made it work. I feel like it is possible to do the whole intake piece without removing either as you showed with just the crossover pipe, I just can't say myself since I had other stuff removed at the time that made it easier on me.

the duke

Finally drove on the Bilsteins. Yeah, they’re a little high, but I think that’s also because the stock shocks were so dead they sagged. Everything feels fine, similar to stock. Bumps are obviously smoothed better. I’ve got a little noise here and there but I can’t tell if something is loose and shifting or if it’s just how the Bilsteins make noise.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

OTUAYAUTO Battery Terminal and Wiper Arm Puller https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076PY8785/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_SKQD7JHCNC0KBKWEYKXJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
IMG_20220603_145734815.jpg
Changed my oil today. After 60k worth of oil changes, I feel like I've finally mastered removing the oil filter! I still end up getting oil on the surrounding lines though. I spray them with brake cleaner because I'm ocd about oil collecting dirt and grime like my focus has.

Changed my oil today. After 60k worth of oil changes, I feel like I've finally mastered removing the oil filter! I still end up getting oil on the surrounding lines though. I spray them with brake cleaner because I'm ocd about oil collecting dirt and grime like my focus has.
one of those cup-style filter wrenches.

I learned that very quickly on my fusion (1.5l turbo, very similar block)