Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
View attachment 49138
Changed my oil today. After 60k worth of oil changes, I feel like I've finally mastered removing the oil filter! I still end up getting oil on the surrounding lines though. I spray them with brake cleaner because I'm ocd about oil collecting dirt and grime like my focus has.
Now try it with one of the longer Fram Ultra 3600 filters, which are even longer than the oversize for our app FL400s.
Most likely totally impossible to use with any of the aftermarket radiators.

How do you clean it? Do you use anything special on it?
Nah just spray soap on it and blast it with the water blaster at the DIY pay car cleaning joint. If I'm at work I spray it with degreaser and that gets everything off. Just have the engine running and I only have the stock air intake so no water gets into the engine anyway.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Anyone looking for a cheap brake upgrade, I recommend these pads.. I've had them installed for a few months now and been beating on them and they are really solid and increase my braking power a lot. The genuine ford pads are so bad.

Gotta buy a clutch next but can't wait to replace the Ford rotors with some aftermarket ones..

Anyone else here done their clutch already? What kilometers did the factory one last till? I'm at 121,000km now and still fine but it's ingaging a lot later in the pedal travel...

Raistron

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Anyone looking for a cheap brake upgrade, I recommend these pads.. I've had them installed for a few months now and been beating on them and they are really solid and increase my braking power a lot. The genuine ford pads are so bad.

Gotta buy a clutch next but can't wait to replace the Ford rotors with some aftermarket ones..

Anyone else here done their clutch already? What kilometers did the factory one last till? I'm at 121,000km now and still fine but it's ingaging a lot later in the pedal travel...

At 118,600 miles on factory clutch, still engages just fine. Carfax had everything the previous owner did, no clutch replacement so that leads me to believe they might've babied the car.

Business6

Done with the rinse/wash/rinse/water spot remover/clay bar. Time to take a break.

The water spot remover did very well for the most part but a lot are just etched in after years. Professional work required to handle those and swirls. But man, the color depth is starting to return like the day I test drove it.

Attachments

Added a condenser to my silver fiesta. It had been damaged from the wreck the previous owner had. This would be the second time trying to fix it as I order the wrong one from rock auto and didn't realize until I had put it in, and nothing was lining up. LOL Should have looked at my other fiesta. So nice having AC now that it's warming up.

Crv

I actually tried to take the cowl off, but after removing the nuts from my wipers, the arms refused to budge, and I was worried I might end up having to replace the entire wiper assembly. I'm sure with some penetrating oil they would've come off but I decided to just suffer through.

I took a tiny flat head screwdriver and ran it under the coupler between the stock crossover and the TIP because the coupler was cooked on, then steadily pulled and twisted on the crossover until it gave. I was worried about cracking the TIP, but once the seal was broken, it came off really easily. I also loosened the coupler at the airbox to twist that pipe out of the way. Then took a little finagling to pull out the crossover, and it'll put a little pressure on the cowl, but not enough to risk breaking anything.

I'm kinda glad to not have had to remove the cowl, seems like an unnecessary step if the crossover is all you're doing.
Impressive…I feel like headlights and cowl gotta come out any time I touch the car…it’s like 2nd nature now taking them off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Looks fine to me. Even, dry, light coloring that aren’t coated or black with carbon. Or white.
They got about 30k miles on them, mostly E30, on stock intercooler.

I'm swapping out for step colders because I'll be tuning for an upgraded wastegate.

Business6

Let Jet Seal cure for something like 5 hours last night then buffed it out and today applied ceramic wax. I think I put a wee bit too much wax on but man, the color depth and pop of the flake is unreal now for a car nearly 10 years old that sees almost exclusively highway miles. My phone's camera can't do it justice, that's for sure, but this is probably the best shine I've ever had on one of my cars.

Edit: crappy phone pics since there's more sunlight today and I can only shoot in wide angle, lol
IMG_20220606_094624912.jpg IMG_20220606_094611919.jpg

Last edited:

pixelzombie

Finally got around to using salt remover and having a rinse attachment for cleaning the bottom of the vehicle. I don't have a pressure washer so I had to settle for the device in the photo from underwasher.com.
The zero g hose I got last year on clearance and i can see why. The threads are very tight and the damn thing still leaks, what a PITA that is. 20220605_143900_HDR.jpg