Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

the duke

We’ll, front left had a few turns and I’m guessing wasn’t fully seated.couldn’t get my torque wrench to hit 55 front, but got as tight as I could without breaking my Allen key or the socket falling off. Coincidentally this was the side that made the most noise, here’s hoping it’s good enough.

the duke

What if the Hub is rusty....wouldn't that offset readings?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
It’s rough anyways. If it’s relative than the displacement is fine. If it moves 1 deg it moved 1 deg. You just need to know your starting point.

Also whoever decided to hex the strut shaft can fuck off. I refuse to believe there isn’t a better way to tighten the bolt to the shaft. Started stripping the passenger shaft.

S280, ARP downpipe studs, new plugs ordered to arrive Mon. Autopower roll bar arrived, so I got started on welding up their tacked portions. Car is at the trans shop getting LSD installed, so I'm as far as I can get without a car to mock things up in.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
OEM recommendations is 10 years and/or 100K miles, correct?

Sheeeet, my car is 8 years old.
I think oem is 150k, I just choose to do it earlier. If you are replacing your motor mount, that's a perfect time to do it. Having that mount gone really improves access.

On vacation so gonna utilize this time to put back my parts I took for for smog. Includes a new Milltek downpipe, whoosh boost hoses, going back to my kompact shorty over the VeePort for now and some other small stuff should be fun. Not looking forward to the downpipe tho lol even though it does get easier the more you do it

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Wastegate is a bitch. Didn’t know I had to remove the coolant line to get the manifold shield out. Lost a lot of coolant in the process. Probably wouldn’t have done it had I known. Still couldn’t remove my windshield wipers, probably cooked on from 8 Texas summers so doing everything with the cowl on.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Wastegate is a bitch. Didn’t know I had to remove the coolant line to get the manifold shield out. Lost a lot of coolant in the process. Probably wouldn’t have done it had I known. Still couldn’t remove my windshield wipers, probably cooked on from 8 Texas summers so doing everything with the cowl on.
]
You can get a small wiper/gear puller off Amazon, totally worth it.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club

Getting the heat shield off and access to the nut on the wastegate in the picture above I had to remove the coolant line. I lost a lot of coolant and the coolant bolt had 2 M12 copper crush washers I had to run out to replace. NAPA was the only store that carried a size close to the stock washers, 7/16” I think.