Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Did you use a defouler with it? If not any codes? I have one going in eventually. Curious what to expect also using Thermal exhaust
No defouler. Has not triggered a CEL yet. I was running a whoosh catted for 6 months before I had to take it off for smog, ran it with a dizzy stage 2 and never got a CEL.. now when I flashed my e30 dizzy it did trigger a CEL, once I went back to stage 2 no cel

pixelzombie

Did the back brakes which were more difficult than the front. Both sets of slider pins were rusted in place, even the ones that had the boot on correctly. One side was so bad, I had to use 1000 grit sandpaper to get the finish smooth again. Luckily I had some pin grease left over as the back s didn't come with any like they did with the front set.

20220612_183652.jpg

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Did the back brakes which were more difficult than the front. Both sets of slider pins were rusted in place, even the ones that had the boot on correctly. One side was so bad, I had to use 1000 grit sandpaper to get the finish smooth again. Luckily I had some pin grease left over as the back s didn't come with any like they did with the front set.

View attachment 49231
I struggled to get the inside pad pin aligned in the piston X grooves. I still feel like the brakes are less grabby than before I swapped.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks like a big job, how long did it take?
It's honestly not that bad. Changing the belt, tensioner and idler took an hour max. Getting everything else out of the way took an hour too. I'd recommend that you replace your motor mount while you do the belt.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed my ac line that I always complain about. Now I just have to hope and pray that my compressor is not shot.
The line required some bending to get it to fit, but it shouldn't be rubbing on anything.
IMG_20220613_174722426.jpg

Installed my ac line that I always complain about. Now I just have to hope and pray that my compressor is not shot.
The line required some bending to get it to fit, but it shouldn't be rubbing on anything.
View attachment 49243
Had to bend mine also. It was the bottom hose on the evaporator to the condenser. Also I have everything ro pull the vacuum and refill. If you want to make the hour drive.

Dropped the tranny in the s280 fiesta. Looks like my tranny took a dump, i was thinking the noise was the flywheel. Thankfully I had already order a new to me one along with the rts kit. Here are some pics of the flywheel and clutch. If anyone needs a core or transmission to rebuild just lmk. 20220613_203123.jpg 20220613_203137.jpg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Had to bend mine also. It was the bottom hose on the evaporator to the condenser. Also I have everything ro pull the vacuum and refill. If you want to make the hour drive.
I have a buddy who works at a shop, but if he's slammed, I might have to take you up on that offer

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dropped the tranny in the s280 fiesta. Looks like my tranny took a dump, i was thinking the noise was the flywheel. Thankfully I had already order a new to me one along with the rts kit. Here are some pics of the flywheel and clutch. If anyone needs a core or transmission to rebuild just lmk. View attachment 49246 View attachment 49247
I'm curious what failed in the transmission. Are you going to pull it apart yourself?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dropped the tranny in the s280 fiesta. Looks like my tranny took a dump, i was thinking the noise was the flywheel. Thankfully I had already order a new to me one along with the rts kit. Here are some pics of the flywheel and clutch. If anyone needs a core or transmission to rebuild just lmk. View attachment 49246 View attachment 49247
Contact Colby @ Clarke Transmissions. He may be interested in the core*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

pixelzombie

I struggled to get the inside pad pin aligned in the piston X grooves. I still feel like the brakes are less grabby than before I swapped.
I did at first, but you can see the top grove very easily. Once that is vertical, you'll know the bottom will line up with the pin.