Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

the duke

The slide pins and grommets, caliper untouched. I’m thinking the handbrake isn’t releasing.
So I pulled the slide pins and added more caliper grease. Gave a quick blast of the components with brake cleaner. Still binding. Caliper piston winds back just fine.

took the caliper off and noticed the locating detail on the caliper piston was a bit too off center, having just wound it back into place. I swapped pads, thinking there’s no ducking way the caliper piston is sliding over the locating pin on the pads. Turn the car on, hit the brakes a few times to build pressure and displace the piston. Cycle the handbrake because it’s what the cool kids do, and turn the car off.

wheel spins fine. What the duck.

GODDAMNIT IS IS THE HANDBRAKE. The fucking return is sticking and the spring isn’t overcoming it. I had to whack it and it spring back and now works. Ended up blasting with brake clear and a little WD40 (shut up, it’s all I have in the garage) and cycled the action a tag. Repeated handbrake jerks and it’s fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

the duke

Washed it again!

And....ill tell you what. Get them while they are still around. Cause God damn they are scrumptious. No more Beer bongs....Dew Bongs it will be!

And they way them veels gleam after a nice rub a dub dub.

Wait, what. There’s alcoholic Mountain Dew now?

What a time to be alive?

SkyyM

Went to Dizzy stage 2, via installing a woosh v3 dowpipe and v3 intercooler. Also a woosh motorsports short shifter kit set to 25% reduction.

So happy with how my Fiesta feels now, so good. With the lowering springs and performance mods it just so much more alive. Better stability / turn in and a much better straight line pull. Also the reduction in travel for the shifter makes flat foot shifting that much more satisfying.

P.S. thank you Ron from Woosh Motorsports for these fantastically priced parts

P.P.S thank you Jason from Dizzy tuning for awakening my Fiesta 20220722_000116.jpg 20220720_191227.jpg 20220722_014658.jpg

SPhilli911

Ripped out the center console to replace the shifter bushings with Boomba ones and used the opportunity to do a good cleaning of the area too. Was a lot of work for not much of a difference, but I may get a short shift kit while I am at it.

Washed it again!

And....ill tell you what. Get them while they are still around. Cause God damn they are scrumptious. No more Beer bongs....Dew Bongs it will be!

And they way them veels gleam after a nice rub a dub dub.

Looks good and wtf alcohol MtDew? Please do tell because I have one Heck of an affinity for MT.Dew and FiSTs.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks good and wtf alcohol MtDew? Please do tell because I have one Heck of an affinity for MT.Dew and FiSTs.
Go to the Local total wine and liquor or liquor store in general and ask for it....Normal Dew....Baja....watermelon and Black cherry flavors....All are dangerously excellent!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk