Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Were you able to get the hose from the hotside pipe to intercooler on without removing bumper? Just curious as mines been sitting in the box mocking me for months now...
the red whoosh one? I installed that when I put the intercooler in a month or 2 ago. but I had kept the OEM hotside pipe. IDK about all the brands, but the airtec uses all the OEM size hoses, so I didn't have to change anything but the pipe itself

I do not think you could get the hose on without removing the bumper.

Today i had a catless DP installed and wow, im so glad i did. $145 install and i LOVE it. It is louder as people mention, and more so with certain exhausts (i have an MBRP), but you can also hear a the turbo spool now, although faintly compared to the loud exhaust note. Boost also seems to build faster now due to freeer airflow so it's more responsive. Lastly, unless it's min imagination, there seems to be a bit more decompression when letting off the gas which i dont mind. Ok one more thing, the sound is freaking amazing, far less smooth muffled sound, it's got a sharp raspy edge to that low rumble. Sounds like a legit rally car now (along with other mods).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Except that legit WRC cars must now run a catcon, by their rules, albeit one mounted all the way out at the tailpipe exit, and not up at the down pipe. [wink]

^^^Except that legit WRC cars must now run a catcon, by their rules, albeit one mounted all the way out at the tailpipe exit, and not up at the down pipe. [wink]
Haaa we > rally cars !!! Ok jk, but my goodness does it sound good, my wife is starting to question my sanity as im looking for reasons to drive my car just for the fun of it. And as expected popped the P0420 today so all is as expected lol. On a serious note, the "smell" isn't as bad as i had read, smells a bit like old car carbon monoxide if the wind carries forward, nothing major. This is my first mod/project car and im enjoying this far more than i expected, i freaking love this car. 😍

pixelzombie

Replaced the sway bar links after TyphoonFiST suggested I inspect them. They were very loose and the bottom ball joint did not budge at all. Easy to do, just time consuming as you have to hold the allen nut so it doesn't spin. Installing them required an 18mm wrench ( to prevent the nut from also spinning) which I do NOT have in my collection. I was somewhat alarmed that the boot for both struts had wiggled free but I was running late and sweating like a pig in the humidity. What is the trick to get the boots back on?
My next purchase will be the Whoosh 2 point Trac Bar, unless there is a better option in the same price range.

sway bar links.jpg

Haaa we > rally cars !!! Ok jk, but my goodness does it sound good, my wife is starting to question my sanity as im looking for reasons to drive my car just for the fun of it. And as expected popped the P0420 today so all is as expected lol. On a serious note, the "smell" isn't as bad as i had read, smells a bit like old car carbon monoxide if the wind carries forward, nothing major. This is my first mod/project car and im enjoying this far more than i expected, i freaking love this car. 😍
Haha kinda funny I just went to catted today. My idle dB's we're 82 with window down in driver's seat. With high flow cat she's down to 74. The high flow cat still has the turbine sound, it's just quieter overall but still 4-5dB louder than stock down pipe. This car seems to stink more than my old Galant when noncatted. Running e30 was making my eyes water. 20220810_191752.jpg

Sam4

Once again, the noise-chaser from philly. Are your downpipes equipped with the bracket to the rear motor mount assy?
I'm sitting on a woosh catted w/o bracket. I've got 1 broken stud from motor mount work and have tried to rig that mount - got the craziest wiggle/scrapping sound....yeah every other possibilty has been ($$$) replaced over time, control arms, end links oe and moog, B6's w/oe style springs have about 50K, VibraTech Motor mounts, f^cking right side CV Shaft (don't let it droop!) Oh - oem downpipe still. I'm figuring the whole assy is one big wiggle

Interesting. Mine registered 66db on cold start (driver window down) and 57db once idle dropped and I have an MBRP catback which are thought to be loud. What exhaust setup do you have?
I have the 2j racing side exit. I think its just the location being that much closer to the window making the car loud inside. That was with all my windows down. My measurements were also used with a phone app. I wouldn't call it the best measurement device, but it does give people an idea of the difference.

Once again, the noise-chaser from philly. Are your downpipes equipped with the bracket to the rear motor mount assy?
I'm sitting on a woosh catted w/o bracket. I've got 1 broken stud from motor mount work and have tried to rig that mount - got the craziest wiggle/scrapping sound....yeah every other possibilty has been ($$$) replaced over time, control arms, end links oe and moog, B6's w/oe style springs have about 50K, VibraTech Motor mounts, f^cking right side CV Shaft (don't let it droop!) Oh - oem downpipe still. I'm figuring the whole assy is one big wiggle
My 2j racing non catted downpipe had the mount to the rear motor mount. My new whooshmotorsports catted downpipe does not. I don't have any any unusual noises with any of the down pipes I've had.

I have the 2j racing side exit. I think its just the location being that much closer to the window making the car loud inside. That was with all my windows down. My measurements were also used with a phone app. I wouldn't call it the best measurement device, but it does give people an idea of the difference.
ok gotcha. FWIW i looked up apps and the National Institute for Occupational Safety (NIOSH) cleared 4 phone apps as suitable for db measurment, the one i got is called NoiSee, it was a dollar.I also had only my drivers windown down so that could have quited it too. Either way yea, the catless made it much louder 🤣

I got this today to fit into my car somehow 😂 it’s a 12 layer Kevlar reinforced carbon fiber bucket seat. It comes from a Mercedes’ SLR mclaren. The seat has matching part numbers and came from a mclaren factory in the UK or something. Got it from a friend who knows a guy who knows a guy. How nice! Gonna do the seats in white leather or black suede? Thoughts?
What do you mean matching part numbers? What do they match to?

So I got rear ended on the freeway back on June 20th. It messed up the bumper cover and bent the hatch. You can see the circled area in the 2nd pic where you should not be able to see daylight. All the body shops around here are way backed up so it didn't go in until last Monday August 1st. This was 100% the other guy's fault so I have a rental car from his insurance which good to have but it is a Nissan Versa. 1.6l normally aspirated with a CVT and slow AF!. They say they will have it a couple more weeks and I'm loosing my s4it. I need it back, this turdsa is killing me! How do people live with slow ass cars on a regular basis? Who buys this s4it? Life is too short to drive boring, slow a55 cars.

20220620_072116.jpg
Car2.JPG

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I got rear ended on the freeway back on June 20th. It messed up the bumper cover and bent the hatch. You can see the circled area in the 2nd pic where you should not be able to see daylight. All the body shops around here are way backed up so it didn't go in until last Monday August 1st. This was 100% the other guy's fault so I have a rental car from his insurance which good to have but it is a Nissan Versa. 1.6l normally aspirated with a CVT and slow AF!. They say they will have it a couple more weeks and I'm loosing my s4it. I need it back, this turdsa is killing me! How do people live with slow ass cars on a regular basis? Who buys this s4it? Life is too short to drive boring, slow a55 cars.

View attachment 50570
View attachment 50571
You can say Shit* it's appropriate now even on Tv.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk