Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Installed a Mountune charge pipe (after installing the FMIC yesterday) [wrenchin] Looking forward to quicker laps at the track because I was losing boost due to heat soak with the stock intercooler.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Did my first "real" vDyno, this is with my Dizzy V2 93 tune, mods are in my signature... I think I have all the settings right, I even made sure to use SAE, took a little off tire size for wear, went with smoothing 5 and was honest about driver weight. :)

Pretty happy to be clearly over 200HP at the wheels, torque of course is amazing too!

Dyno.jpg

koozy

3000 Post Club
I thought about drilling the sump plug but decided it was a little small in diameter, I didn't feel happy with the amount of material left after drilling.
For an 1/8 NPT sender I would need to use a 8.73mm (11/32") tapping drill bit. The sump plug is 14mm but the minor diameter of (the bottom of the thread pitch) the thread is about 12.7mm. 12.7mm - 8.73mm and I end up around 4mm, half that when I drill all the way through and I have 2mm of material left, maybe enough but I would not feel confident about it.
Came across this ready made oil sump plug/adapter and recalled this post.

M14x1.5(male) to 1/8NPT(female)

Attachments

cxwrench

Short shifter and bushings...very nice.

I've done a few drives since installing this yesterday morning. I've posted in the past that I didn't really see the need for a short shifter in this car but after Ron started selling his and reading so many posts about them I'd thought I'd give it a try. I don't shift very quickly so that isn't going to change...but the feel is really good w/ this and the bushings. Damn...way better. Love it. Carry on.

Last edited:

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Passed 40k on the way to work Thursday night, so it was time for an oil and filter change today. Switched from Penzzoil Ultra Platinum 5w20 to Ultra Platinum 5w30. Glad it warmed up to 20° with no wind compared to yesterday at -5° with wind chill.

View attachment 19766
The regular plat (non ultra) has been reformulated for turbo/di apps (lspi prone). It meets euro specs and dex1 gen 2. I was running pup in my previous wrx, but now think pp is the way to go.

Edit:

I use 5w30 myself in the FiST. I trust the Europe FiST specs over the U.S. ones. Also, pup and pp are a bit on the thinner (lower viscosity) side. Basically their 5w30 is comparable to a thicker 5w20 from other manufacturers.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The regular plat (non ultra) has been reformulated for turbo/di apps (lspi prone). It meets euro specs and dex1 gen 2. I was running pup in my previous wrx, but now think pp is the way to go.

Edit:

I use 5w30 myself in the FiST. I trust the Europe FiST specs over the U.S. ones. Also, pup and pp are a bit on the thinner (lower viscosity) side. Basically their 5w30 is comparable to a thicker 5w20 from other manufacturers.
Huh, because PUP has always been ACEA A5 Euro spec and is SN+, which is even a higher standard than Dexos Gen 2. I specifically got it for this reason when my last turbo car called for that and everything else that was rated that was really expensive and PUP can be found pretty reasonable. But definitely agree on the weight, 5w30 is closer to 5w20 in that regard.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Huh, because PUP has always been ACEA A5 Euro spec and is SN+, which is even a higher standard than Dexos Gen 2. I specifically got it for this reason when my last turbo car called for that and everything else that was rated that was really expensive and PUP can be found pretty reasonable. But definitely agree on the weight, 5w30 is closer to 5w20 in that regard.
The new pp has lower calcium and higher boron and magnesium, supposedly better for lspi. The dex gen 2 is specifically designed for this.
Yes, the pup has the euro specs, which is what attracted most to it, but now pp has it too. PP is the most up to date formulation for our needs. A lot of r & d has been put into this. Thankfully, competition is what has pushed it.
Nothing wrong with pup, I would use it, and have used it (the wrx community swears by it), but I think penzoil is doing all the innovative stuff with the plat. That is their money maker.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
The new pp has lower calcium and higher boron and magnesium, supposedly better for lspi. The dex gen 2 is specifically designed for this.
Yes, the pup has the euro specs, which is what attracted most to it, but now pp has it too. PP is the most up to date formulation for our needs. A lot of r & d has been put into this. Thankfully, competition is what has pushed it.
Nothing wrong with pup, I would use it, and have used it (the wrx community swears by it), but I think penzoil is doing all the innovative stuff with the plat. That is their money maker.
I just find it strange that that the non-Ultra would be more advanced than the Ultra in the same brand, that kind of defeats the naming purpose, maybe they just updated the non-Ultra first and the Ultra is next... But also, like I was saying, SN+ is even more stringent than DEXOS Gen 2 for LSPI, so I would have to look closer into this, I just find it hard to believe... In the mean time, I'm sticking with QS Ultimate Durability, even better wear protection and is designed for DI-T engines specifically as well and is $20 every day at Wally World.

Edit: Pennzoil definitely recommends PUP over PP for our cars still.
pennzoil.JPG

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I never understood penzoil's business model with PUP. I cannot find it at any store locally, and I live in a major metropolitan area (nyc).

Either way, I'm sold on the new pp formulation in 5w30. Been using it for 2 oil changes now and she runs smooth and quiet. On the oem 5w20 syn blend, she was noisier.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I have always run a 5 30. 242k on the focus on it and 98k on the fist. The 5 20 in the car originally is for mpg purposes. Extracting every last mile looks good on manufacturers. 5 20 was also factory on my old focus. Both cars run quieter and smoother on it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I never understood penzoil's business model with PUP. I cannot find it at any store locally, and I live in a major metropolitan area (nyc).

Either way, I'm sold on the new pp formulation in 5w30. Been using it for 2 oil changes now and she runs smooth and quiet. On the oem 5w20 syn blend, she was noisier.
I have always run a 5 30. 242k on the focus on it and 98k on the fist. The 5 20 in the car originally is for mpg purposes. Extracting every last mile looks good on manufacturers. 5 20 was also factory on my old focus. Both cars run quieter and smoother on it.
Unless you are running big turbo which definitely needs 5w30, these newer engines have VERY tight tolerances. So unless you know the 5w30 is either labelled as good for 5w20, which some clearly are, or known to be thinner like the Pennzoil, I wouldn't want to give up the flow characteristics of 5w20. I haven't heard any excessive noise at all running it in this DI-T, my last car was also a 1.6T DI-T and with that you could hear the noise differences in just running PUP over others in the same weight... but to each their own. I don't feel it's just for mileage, I strongly feel it's for proper flow on a modern super tight tolerance motor and I'll be damned if I starve my upper valvetrain because I think running a thicker oil than what's called for just because it's a little quieter... Not going to bash anyone's differing opinion, just giving mine in return, we can leave any further in depth discussion of this in the oil threads.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Seems like Europe specs 5w30 for our exact engine. That speaks volumes to me.
I don't trust the U.S. on this, they have epa/mileage concerns at the forefront , not proper engine protection.

With that being said, I run Pennzoil plat, Which as pointed out, is on the thin side and okay as a 5w30 to run on our ecobeast

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I believe Ford states 5 30 as an alternative. They would not do so if it was harmful. Only because lubrication problems could be warranty claims. Stupid to cost yourself money over something so simple.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
What I find funny about people's obsession with oil weight is if you were to look at recommendations as if the car was sold in a different country will say Mexico. You will notice it ask for a heavier weight oil.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk