Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

View attachment 19954
after owning the car for almost 3 years, and debating on it for some time, finally decided to get it tinted. Went with 35% to be legal and for mostly the protection of it. Got a deal though, 499$ ceramic "shield" tint for 196$ thanks to groupon. Also installed weathertech window deflectors. I think it looks good.
Holy crap that’s a steal!! great work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joesiris

That's a great deal on the tint! I think my state is also 35% legal limit but that still helps a lot, I'll have to check Groupon and do this before this summer too...
the legal limit here is actually 27% but for some reason the place only offered 5, 20, and 35%. thought it odd to only offer one legal option. I didn't want to go too dark anyway, was thinking 30% and I was afraid 35 might not cut it, but it does. And I can still see good at night.

View attachment 19954
after owning the car for almost 3 years, and debating on it for some time, finally decided to get it tinted. Went with 35% to be legal and for mostly the protection of it. Got a deal though, 499$ ceramic "shield" tint for 196$ thanks to groupon. Also installed weathertech window deflectors. I think it looks good.
Man I went 20% and I still don't think it's dark enough. I paid $120 for mine

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 19954
This is so Easily to avoid....Worrying about being legal...just get your Ophthalmologist/ Eye Dr. To write you a prescription for window tint. I did with mine....now if I get pulled over....i just pull my Dr's prescription letter out of my glove box and say toodaloo mafuckers!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
the legal limit here is actually 27% but for some reason the place only offered 5, 20, and 35%. thought it odd to only offer one legal option. I didn't want to go too dark anyway, was thinking 30% and I was afraid 35 might not cut it, but it does. And I can still see good at night.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty sure living in a state that isn't too hot and seeing other 35% cars that I'll be ok with that personally.

had to retorque my 2 point tiebar because I thought I had it tight enough but I guess it wasn't tight enough.
Torque Spec.
Stage 1 46 lb.ft (63 Nm)
Stage 2 180°

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joesiris

Thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty sure living in a state that isn't too hot and seeing other 35% cars that I'll be ok with that personally.
yeah no problem...and with it being ceramic it'll block uv as well as light, so hopefully the plastics will last a bit longer.
rocky im a bit older too hence the not going too dark, but like kenst said the 20 really isn't that bad, a buddy of mine used the same groupon and went 20 on his black dodge avenger and the difference isn't too noticeable.

joesiris

This is so Easily to avoid....Worrying about being legal...just get your Ophthalmologist/ Eye Dr. To write you a prescription for window tint. I did with mine....now if I get pulled over....i just pull my Dr's prescription letter out of my glove box and say toodaloo mafuckers!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
haha, that's actually a good idea. Though here I really don't think law enforcement really cares too much. Now when I lived in Florida, different story, especially at the beaches, lots of folks I know got ticketed for it down there

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So may or may not be insignifcant but definitely nicer. Since I had a warranty repaint of my front bumper I had them eliminate the license plat mount holes pretty happy with the outcome.

Now its time to start putting a bunch of stuff on and commence a build thread.

Last edited:
SVXznsstQlGAn4uxwvwRdQ_zpsnhcmk9ib.jpg

PfhgTbkoQMWo9LwOujF1ag_zpsm9oqzmwh.jpg

Installed new Sparco R333 seat. This thing fits just like a factory seat with the Planted seat bracket. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sits a litter higher than I like. It's probably about the same height as a stock Recaro seat but I just prefer to sit lower. Other than that the seat is great for a daily driver. It's a really good option for bigger guys and gals that don't want the spend the extra money for the Recaros.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Installed new Sparco R333 seat. This thing fits just like a factory seat with the Planted seat bracket. The only thing I don't like about it is that it sits a litter higher than I like. It's probably about the same height as a stock Recaro seat but I just prefer to sit lower. Other than that the seat is great for a daily driver. It's a really good option for bigger guys and gals that don't want the spend the extra money for the Recaros.
Those truly look awesome! Unfortunately those are illegal with no air bag. Car insurance would screw me hard if I got into any accident like that.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Well all I had at the time was my diamond blade cut off wheel and a sander so it took a while
Brother, I can only think of some big-ass grinder wheel and some big belted sander thing in my mind, so I can't even imagine what you're talking about that would even fit those gaps, LOL. I am fairly mechanically inclined and have worked on cars on and off going back 30 years, just never got into heavy duty stuff or construction/even owned my own home to do bigger jobs but I am renting a house now with a double garage and all that so I'm trying to buildup my tools... I DO have access to a Dremel ("rotary tool") so I'm hoping that would be perfect, but if you had links or pics to anything else that would be worth looking into please feel free to share!

brbauer2

Brother, I can only think of some big-ass grinder wheel and some big belted sander thing in my mind, so I can't even imagine what you're talking about that would even fit those gaps, LOL. I am fairly mechanically inclined and have worked on cars on and off going back 30 years, just never got into heavy duty stuff or construction/even owned my own home to do bigger jobs but I am renting a house now with a double garage and all that so I'm trying to buildup my tools... I DO have access to a Dremel ("rotary tool") so I'm hoping that would be perfect, but if you had links or pics to anything else that would be worth looking into please feel free to share!
Drill from the front with a ⅜" - ½" bit to cut out the majority of the material and then an angle grinder with a 60 grit sanding flap disk to remove the rest from the back. Go slow with the sanding because the plastic can and will melt into a goopy mess if it gets too hot.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk