Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

brbauer2

That satisfied feeling of stopping right at 3 gallons.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Chicagoland stations started switching to class 2 blend ethanol a month ago.

Coming out to about e75 right now, so 3.5 gallons for me.

Waiting for them to switch to class 3 sadness.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
WHY I leave mine in the car year 'round. [wink] (And I'd LOVE to save that weight, but refuse to use/rely on those Fix-A-Flat gunk crap solutions!)
Still on Fords free roadside and besides, once a low profile tire goes it usually can't be saved anyway, so no biggie just carrying Fix a Flat for me...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That satisfied feeling of stopping right at 3 gallons.
Likewise, that feeling I have to pay 3.09 for e85.. consolation prize is that they claim it's actually 90% year round, but can't see how that's possible when the seasonal percentage chart shows my area is supposed to drop to 70% in the winter, hmmm.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
$300 dollars worth of 5w20 Annual Protection Mobil 1 ultimate synthetic at Autozone due to clearance for $52.85.....hmmm.....yes please! SNIPE!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

$300 dollars worth of 5w20 Annual Protection Mobil 1 ultimate synthetic at Autozone due to clearance for $52.85.....hmmm.....yes please! SNIPE!

Aside from their guarantee, do you believe in the product? I’m on the Penz UP and STP Extended Life

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Aside from their guarantee, do you believe in the product? I’m on the Penz UP and STP Extended Life
Never used it....I just change it out every 5k with a Mobil 1 filter.....it was dirt cheap...will I run it for a year without changing it....hell no...an OC is cheap enough insurance I'll just do it every 5k.

Jerickson88

Never used it....I just change it out every 5k with a Mobil 1 filter.....it was dirt cheap...will I run it for a year without changing it....hell no...an OC is cheap enough insurance I'll just do it every 5k.

Just wondering. Even if that oil can perform for 20k intervals, using it for only 5k would imply that it has had less break down than the Syn Blend our cars call for. My service writer told me that our cars on full syn should be fine for daily driving of 7500, and that’s what their interval they would put on the window sticker. I’m in the camp with you on the 5k thing though, unless I pull the dipstick and it’s still looking pretty damn clean it’s getting changed.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club

Especially doin it yourself! 5k no more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Especially doin it yourself! 5k no more.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I usually do it myself....been thinking of bringing it in during the winter....but....then again I just don't trust those high school lube tech schmucks. Well at least I have a propane garage heater....[emoji41]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Washed mine today, for the first time in quite awhile.

Need to stay on top of keeping her semi-clean as winter is fast approaching, and MD lives their salt.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

I usually do it myself....been thinking of bringing it in during the winter....but....then again I just don't trust those high school lube tech schmucks. Well at least I have a propane garage heater....[emoji41]

Man I had a tech argue my 2017 Express van was a 2013 and had a 6.0.. it’s a 17, and a 4.8 per the vin

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just wondering. Even if that oil can perform for 20k intervals, using it for only 5k would imply that it has had less break down than the Syn Blend our cars call for. My service writer told me that our cars on full syn should be fine for daily driving of 7500, and that’s what their interval they would put on the window sticker. I’m in the camp with you on the 5k thing though, unless I pull the dipstick and it’s still looking pretty damn clean it’s getting changed.
Not sure what you mean by "call for", both a semi-synthetic and a full synthetic 5w-20 Motorcraft part # is listed, but that's mainly to sell more Motorcraft oil, any DEXOS Gen 2/SN Plus full synthetic is always better especially in a DI-T engine... And I'm of the camp that changing it out with such rated oil every 5k is better than trying to push it with boutique/expensive oil. That Mobil 1 is excellent but just saying for an everyday value you absolutely cannot beat the Quaker State Ultimate Durability and Motorcraft filter combo at Walmart for $24... people who are stubborn don't bother to check but that oil is rated among the very highest, right up there with those 2.5X more in cost.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not sure what you mean by "call for", both a semi-synthetic and a full synthetic 5w-20 Motorcraft part # is listed, but that's mainly to sell more Motorcraft oil, any DEXOS Gen 2/SN Plus full synthetic is always better especially in a DI-T engine... And I'm of the camp that changing it out with such rated oil every 5k is better than trying to push it with boutique/expensive oil. That Mobil 1 is excellent but just saying for an everyday value you absolutely cannot beat the Quaker State Ultimate Durability and Motorcraft filter combo at Walmart for $24... people who are stubborn don't bother to check but that oil is rated among the very highest, right up there with those 2.5X more in cost.
I got 6 gallon 5qt jugs for $52.85...how is Quaker state cheaper? That's like oil for years.....to each their own I guess....but I did put in those Maxgtr LEDs as fogs...they are nice and definitely brighter than the Xenondepot fog lights....good call on those!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Need to stay on top of keeping her semi-clean as winter is fast approaching, and MD loves their salt.

I think that the PennDot big wigs, and even their rank and file, either are heavily vested in AKZO NOBEL stocks, or receive MAJOR kickbacks from them, or BOTH!
Such is the MULTI MEGA-tonnage that they drop on this state's roads every winter season, even when it is NOT needed! [mad]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
I think that the PennDot big wigs, and even their rank and file, either are heavily vested in AKZO NOBEL stocks, or receive MAJOR kickbacks from them, or BOTH!
Such is the MULTI MEGA-tonnage that they drop on this state's roads every winter season, even when it is NOT needed! [mad]
I had to drive to Erie last year. My black ST was white when I got back home.

Washed mine today, for the first time in quite awhile.

Need to stay on top of keeping her semi-clean as winter is fast approaching, and MD lives their salt.

Did that, too...hand wash. First "full wash". Bring on Michigan salt! [mecry]

Jerickson88

I think most would agree that “calls for” would mean what the dealer would put in it or what the manufacturer recommends. I also dare say that if you change at 5k miles, you can’t tell and won’t tell the difference btw the motorcraft and super tech synthetic and their respective filters. I used the Pennz and STP combo because it was on sale. It was hard to pass it up when it was $35.99 and a 15 mail in rebate. I use my company card at autozone and collect the points on a rewards card and use that for my purchases.