Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
About to test out these Nittos in the rain
In for results as this tire is at the top of my list for replacements... They can be found for only $375 a set in 215/40/17, are very aggressive for all season and a decently sticky 280 tdw... That IS the Neo Gen A/S, right?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Only had a 25-mile trip home in the rain. So far I'm very impressed. I was driving considerably quicker than everyone else on the highway and it never felt sketchy. Hit standing water a few times and it didn't miss a beat. I haven't really tried to push it yet, but I'm optimistic about them so far. I'll test out accel/braking wet grip later tonight when the roads are empty.

Yes, they're the Nitto NeoGen

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Only had a 25-mile trip home in the rain. So far I'm very impressed. I was driving considerably quicker than everyone else on the highway and it never felt sketchy. Hit standing water a few times and it didn't miss a beat. I haven't really tried to push it yet, but I'm optimistic about them so far. I'll test out accel/braking wet grip later tonight when the roads are empty.

Yes, they're the Nitto NeoGen
Nice! That's good to hear as it seems like it checks the boxes more than any other tire for me out there!

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I just finished up 3.5hrs of delivery driving in constant medium/heavy rain and am thoroughly impressed and SOLD on these tires. Dry performance is outstanding fot an all-season. They're quiet. And they're phenomenal in the rain. The stock Bridgestones were good in the rain. These are even better. I paid $300 shipped for the set (black friday) but would be happy with them even at $500ish for a set, especially if they last me 30k miles.

This is the 4th set of tires on my FiST on 38k miles.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just finished up 3.5hrs of delivery driving in constant medium/heavy rain and am thoroughly impressed and SOLD on these tires. Dry performance is outstanding fot an all-season. They're quiet. And they're phenomenal in the rain. The stock Bridgestones were good in the rain. These are even better. I paid $300 shipped for the set (black friday) but would be happy with them even at $500ish for a set, especially if they last me 30k miles.

Cripes...I'm on my 2nd at 47k...I thought I drove like a mad man!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I got 54k out of the potenzas. I'm at 98k only on my second set but they are done!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I got 54k out of the potenzas. I'm at 98k only on my second set but they are done!

What is this sorcery you speak of. On my daily driver a 2010 Ford Focus 111,000 miles I am on my fifth set. I rotate my tires proper air inflation I guess I just drive way too hard.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

What is this sorcery you speak of. On my daily driver a 2010 Ford Focus 111,000 miles I am on my fifth set. I rotate my tires proper air inflation I guess I just drive way too hard.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
lol how the hell did he do that? I’m 10k on those Federals and they are still above half tread. They will outlast the bridgestones. 54k?! Sheesh!

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Thanks for the feedback, I'm definitely sold on these as I know when it rains in Texas, it RAINS, so I think it can handle the steady light stuff out here in the Pacific NW... And SimpleTire has them cheap too and they deliver straight to the shop close by for installation... Still on my original Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3's for now, at almost 16k miles, hopefully are still good for a while!

FINALLY got winter mode on. Haven’t driven it for about a month and a half... Didn’t have enough juice to fire, 15 minutes on the charger at 10amps, vroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
lol how the hell did he do that? I’m 10k on those Federals and they are still above half tread. They will outlast the bridgestones. 54k?! Sheesh!
They were all freeway miles and I hardly rotated lol. It's TRUE though. I'm not trolling. I have always wondered how all these people on the forums say they got 10 or 15k out of em.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I got 27k out of my Potenzas. I went to Federals next and only put about 5k on them until I got a sidewall bubble and the entire country was literally out of stock so I couldn't get a replacement. I went to Falkens next and have only put about 5k on them as well and they have unbelievable dry grip but also unpredictable and almost non-existent wet grip.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got 27k out of my Potenzas. I went to Federals next and only put about 5k on them until I got a sidewall bubble and the entire country was literally out of stock so I couldn't get a replacement. I went to Falkens next and have only put about 5k on them as well and they have unbelievable dry grip but also unpredictable and almost non-existent wet grip.
OK, I figured you weren't wearing them out THAT fast.. so would you say these Neo Gen's are the best all-around you've had?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
OK, I figured you weren't wearing them out THAT fast.. so would you say these Neo Gen's are the best all-around you've had?
Yes. I've never tried the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 which the FiST/FoST guys swear by, but I bet these are better. And the Firestones are ugly lol. I would also bet money that these are better than the Michelin A/S you're on now, based only on what I've read about those, and what I've read and experienced with these.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes. I've never tried the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 which the FiST/FoST guys swear by, but I bet these are better. And the Firestones are ugly lol. I would also bet money that these are better than the Michelin A/S you're on now, based only on what I've read about those, and what I've read and experienced with these.
I'm gonna have to assume that the Michelin are a little better in the rain while the Neo Gen's a little better in dry conditions. It's just a bit of a trade-off I'm definitely willing to make at a lower cost... This is based on reading a lot of end users opinions on each, some people say the Nitto's do't do great in the rain at all, but I tend to believe you and think they're totally fine.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I was set on the indy 500's but now I like the neo gen's. I know it's just looks but the tread on them looks mean. I currently have the indy 500 wide oval witch everyone craps on but I got them extremely cheap and for the price there not bad.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I wonder where people come from when they review tires. You gotta take everything with a grain of salt. For example, you can't compare someone's review on treadwear when they put the tire on a 4000lb SUV, to your 2700lb hot hatch. As for the rain, I pushed it pretty hard a few times last night. It had more grip than I would ever need on the street in the rain. At one intersection I even chucked it into the corner quicker than most people would in the dry and it just stuck. No fuss, no drama, not even close to the limit of grip of these tires. To my point, maybe the people that say they suck in the rain are expecting them to grip as well im the wet as in the dry, which is ludicrous. Or maybe they're in a Kia Optima which sucks all the time. Lol

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I wonder where people come from when they review tires. You gotta take everything with a grain of salt. For example, you can't compare someone's review on treadwear when they put the tire on a 4000lb SUV, to your 2700lb hot hatch. As for the rain, I pushed it pretty hard a few times last night. It had more grip than I would ever need on the street in the rain. At one intersection I even chucked it into the corner quicker than most people would in the dry and it just stuck. No fuss, no drama, not even close to the limit of grip of these tires. To my point, maybe the people that say they suck in the rain are expecting them to grip as well im the wet as in the dry, which is ludicrous. Or maybe they're in a Kia Optima which sucks all the time. Lol
I agree, but this is what people on here and the FiST FB groups are saying, not random site reviews... How about for avoiding hydroplaning? Do you just slow down nice and straight when hitting water puddles?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I always try to avoid standing water. But on the bits I did hit the car never hydroplaned. I got a good underbody wash though haha. If you hydroplane, don't make any steering corrections. Just ride it out and once you feel the tires grip again, you can figure out what you wanna do.