Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Jerickson88

My sunroof leaks in my driveway. Slight upward angle. If the car is lvl or I turn it around in the driveway it's good. Odd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No sunroof here, but I think I'm starting to get rust around my antenna. I'm pissed. How does that happen? No water in hatch, or anywhere else. How is it puddling there?

Jerickson88

Probably water ingress from an imperfect seal around the antenna base, and a lack of paint or other coatings or inhibitors at the edge of the cutout in the roof for the antenna. Possible that the installation of the antenna could have removed some paint at the edge of the cutout as well. It doesn't need to puddle, it just needs to get in there. Not sure how to prevent this besides removing the antenna and applying a corrosion inhibitor or packing it with silicone grease when new.
The surface doesn't feel soft or crunchy, I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue. Just a bubbly ring around the base, like adhesive was painted over.

Jerickson88

Yes, I've read about similar issues. That could also be a general paint issue caused by improper surface prep at the factory. Check the seams around the edges of your doors for bubbling, as people with antenna issues seem to have issues with their closures as well.

About the antenna, if you grab the base of the antenna stem and gently pull in different directions you can actually see the rubber seal where the base meets the roof lifts off the surface. This could be a cause of water ingress especially when the vehicle is moving and wind resistance is pushing against the antenna.
Its sealed well, could not get a gap to show. This is the only imperfection, that I haven't caused!

Anything that Ford is recognizing as an issue, or as a 2016 at 40k miles, I'm dealing with on my own?

Jerickson88

That is good, at least. There hasn't been a recall or TSB that I know of relating to this. However, I would take it to a dealer and ask about warranty paint work. Others with similar issues have had paint work covered under warranty.
I will go by this week, thanks!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Removing the antenna is easy, just go through the hatch, pull down the hatch seal to gain access under the head liner. Once you see the nut holding the antenna its pretty straight forward. Good opportunity to remove, investigate and clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad that having a 2014 all I have had to deal with have been creaks, rattles, and trans drain and fill. I do agree that all the funds in this platform went to performance and not luxury. Still one of my favorite cars I've ever owned.

more of what I have to do to my FiST, noticed the pedal seemed to not be fully disengaging the clutch and shifts were a little harder than they should be. got home to find the reservoir dry..........so looks like ill be bleeding the clutch and then trying to narrow down this leak. Hoping to god its not the slave cylinder. Also realized when tearing into the previous owner didn't put the trans power flex mount in so that's on order too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Almost overheated, hit 231 degree coolant temp in 76 degree weather with my AC on in just average traffic. I must have an AC compressor frozen as temp started dropping pretty quickly with AC off. This on a '17 with less than 21k miles and some mild cooling mods including drilled lower grill, half bottle of Water Wetter and shroud cut for snorkel that's all helped in the past. Charge temps stayed at only 5 above ambient with stock intercooler.

Almost overheated, hit 231 degree coolant temp in 76 degree weather with my AC on in just average traffic. I must have an AC compressor frozen as temp started dropping pretty quickly with AC off. This on a '17 with less than 21k miles and some mild cooling mods including drilled lower grill, half bottle of Water Wetter and shroud cut for snorkel that's all helped in the past. Charge temps stayed at only 5 above ambient with stock intercooler.
Hopefully it’s not the compressor, that should never see moisture as it compresses low pressure vapor from the evaporator to high pressure vapor on its way to the condenser in front of your radiator. It’s not uncommon for condensers to get dirty cause flow blockage. The condenser also is hot because it’s evacuating heat from the high pressure vapor running through it. I’d start with the condenser

Hopefully it’s not the compressor, that should never see moisture as it compresses low pressure vapor from the evaporator to high pressure vapor on its way to the condenser in front of your radiator. It’s not uncommon for condensers to get dirty causing flow blockage. The condenser also is hot because it’s evacuating heat from the high pressure vapor running through it. I’d start with the condenser

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hopefully it’s not the compressor, that should never see moisture as it compresses low pressure vapor from the evaporator to high pressure vapor on its way to the condenser in front of your radiator. It’s not uncommon for condensers to get dirty cause flow blockage. The condenser also is hot because it’s evacuating heat from the high pressure vapor running through it. I’d start with the condenser
Thanks, I just made a random guess at the AC part and you're right... It should be covered under warranty... hopefully. Even if uninstall my AP I still have mounts and other mods done, hopefully they wouldn't try to deny me saying that only way to know I "almost" overheated was using a tune with an AP. I'll try looking up a YT video on how to check the condenser myself.

Thanks, I just made a random guess at the AC part and you're right... It should be covered under warranty... hopefully. Even if uninstall my AP I still have mounts and other mods done, hopefully they wouldn't try to deny me saying that only way to know I "almost" overheated was using a tune with an AP.
I’d just say you watched it climbing higher than normal and shut it down before it got too high. By law they have to prove any mods directly contributed to the failure so I think you’ll be ok. Is your fan operating normally? Or were you in traffic when it started climbing? When you bring it to them definitely mention it went down when you turned the ac off which would cause the condenser to cool down (which I believe is why it began to cool down)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Don't jump to conclusions it's very common for cars to run hotter with the AC on. The condenser is in front of the radiator, and the condenser gets hot with the AC on. I would give the condenser and radiator a good rinse you would be surprised of all the bugs, dust and so on that comes out. My work truck damn near needs it's radiator washed out bi-weekly during the summer, or the clutch fan is constantly engaged. Unfortunately as we all know these cars have shit radiators. It's definitely on my list of upgrades to do one day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Don't jump to conclusions it's very common for cars to run hotter with the AC on. The condenser is in front of the radiator, and the condenser gets hot with the AC on. I would give the condenser and radiator a good rinse you would be surprised of all the bugs, dust and so on that comes out. My work truck damn near needs it's radiator washed out bi-weekly during the summer, or the clutch fan is constantly engaged. Unfortunately as we all know these cars have shit radiators. It's definitely on my list of upgrades to do one day.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
It's just weird, as I hit a max of 224 before, last summer when it was 105 degrees with the AC on and stuck at the Drive Thru window for 10 minutes and now this today... Thanks for the tip, I'll go hose off the AC condenser area.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I’d just say you watched it climbing higher than normal and shut it down before it got too high. By law they have to prove any mods directly contributed to the failure so I think you’ll be ok. Is your fan operating normally? Or were you in traffic when it started climbing? When you bring it to them definitely mention it went down when you turned the ac off which would cause the condenser to cool down (which I believe is why it began to cool down)
Well, it was just stop and go for 5 minutes at one pinch point, definitely wasn't stuck not moving at all for very long at all... hoping it's just a dirty condenser, I'll go check it out.

Well, it was just stop and go for 5 minutes at one pinch point, definitely wasn't stuck not moving at all for very long at all... hoping it's just a dirty condenser, I'll go check it out.
Good luck hopefully it’s only in need of a simple rinse

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Took it to TrackNight at Thunderhill. Weather was great. Upgrading the radiator and intercooler really paid off -- several other cars (Mustangs, FoSTs, etc.) were overheating even though the temperature was relatively mild (86), but my ride was fine.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Good luck hopefully it’s only in need of a simple rinse
Well, didn't notice anything nasty on the condenser, it's simply the AC radiator in front of the coolant radiator, correct? And that's thing, you mentioned earlier, the stupid idiot light for coolant never goes above that normal mark, like ever so there's no way to claim I saw it going up but the dealers prob don't even know that, hehe.

Well, didn't notice anything nasty on the condenser, it's simply the AC radiator in front of the coolant radiator, correct? And that's thing, you mentioned earlier, the stupid idiot light for coolant never goes above that normal mark, like ever so there's no way to claim I saw it going up but the dealers prob don't even know that, hehe.[/

You got it, I had to edit my last post cause I read it wrong [emoji23] I always monitor coolant like you because I don’t trust the dash gauge

CSM

1000 Post Club
installed some new tires - Direzza ZIII 215/40/17. Amazing tire!!!
UPDATE: TPMS light came on after about 100 miles of driving. Tried to reset all TPMS sensors using my Ford Tool, but the passenger front tire won't re-set. Taking it back to the shop to have them fix whatever they broke