Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Wow, what a PIA but I got my driver side/trans insert, whoosh crossover pipe w/inlet and TS VR2 EM Plumb back in... had issues, of course, I had never did that level of work before. I'm telling you, those 6 bolts for the upgrades on the side of the turbo are a BITCH to get to and get in and out. I only had ramps so went under sans creeper, only took about 12 hours, I'd rather not get into all the detail of issues I had but I definitely overcame! LOL... Anyway, no more added vibes from 3rd engine mount upgrade finally go in, seems to have maybe even LESS vibes since both sides are finally upgraded and feels great now! And it's weird as I hear plenty of turbo noises/very low initial lag, but now with the upgraded inlet on stock turbo REALLY smooths out the initial power hit, that's for sure... It's either from added spool time from the added flow or I have a leak, hehe, not sure what to think... I tried getting some datalogs in but need to go through and make sure WG duty and stuff looks good.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Looks good. Much better than mine. I got led's right when they came out (meaning when they started to get known) and they have come a long way in 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Don't you have Projector style housing? cause that cutoff is nice and clean to be a halogen style housing1 I'm JELLY ! [rockon]
Yeah, he's in Italy... But well done LEDs have a pretty clean cutoff on halogen housing too, just not quite as perfect as that where you really see the Euro cutoff... We have a thread going in the lighting section for LED's that show a good selection that work great.

Last edited:
Wow, what a PIA but I got my driver side/trans insert, whoosh crossover pipe w/inlet and TS VR2 EM Plumb back in... had issues, of course, I had never did that level of work before. I'm telling you, those 6 bolts for the upgrades on the side of the turbo are a BITCH to get to and get in and out. I only had ramps so went under sans creeper, only took about 12 hours, I'd rather not get into all the detail of issues I had but I definitely overcame! LOL... Anyway, no more added vibes from 3rd engine mount upgrade finally go in, seems to have maybe even LESS vibes since both sides are finally upgraded and feels great now! And it's weird as I hear plenty of turbo noises/very low initial lag, but now with the upgraded inlet on stock turbo REALLY smooths out the initial power hit, that's for sure... It's either from added spool time from the added flow or I have a leak, hehe, not sure what to think... I tried getting some datalogs in but need to go through and make sure WG duty and stuff looks good.
let me know how you like your TS VR2 EM Plumb Back. I think my factory is starting to go out. I can hear air coming from it on light throttle through the 50/50 I think. I might go with that or TS Dual Port VR2 EM.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
let me know how you like your TS VR2 EM Plumb Back. I think my factory is starting to go out. I can hear air coming from it on light throttle through the 50/50 I think. I might go with that or TS Dual Port VR2 EM.
Super solid, definitely feels better than stock on part throttle/sudden throttle changes, doesn't leave that bit of flutter off light throttle on the WG that the stock one does, so it's helping WG duty cycle it appears... so quiet, quieter than stock in plumb back version, I'm sure the 50/50 (dual port) is probably better sounding... so weird how the car has sound completely different 3 times now: Stock, with symposer delete and now with these upgrades.... It now sounds almost like pinging as the turbo spools now and how, I'm assuming is the turbo inlet, taking away that too sudden torque punch and smooths it out. Barely breaking the tires loose compared to before, but also got driver side done I think was the real package maker with the other 2 mounts already upgraded and traction bar in...

Business6

Installed Husky floormats. I was hoping for a bit more slip resistance from them but oh well, they'll get a workout over the next few weeks and look pretty damn nice, too.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just installed the
Turbosmart EM BOV Dual Port VR2.
I went with the plumb back and it's even quieter than stock, no sound at ALL, so it's stealthy but a little boring.... Do you find the Dual Port gives you just the right sound without growing tiring?

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I went with the plumb back and it's even quieter than stock, no sound at ALL, so it's stealthy but a little boring.... Do you find the Dual Port gives you just the right sound without growing tiring?
If you stay out of the throttle and shift early it really doesn't make sound at all. The more throttle you give it the louder the sound is when you let off the gas. It gives the car some personality and that's what I was going for.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk