Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I was going to install my Whoosh FMIC today but some life maintenance stuff got in the way. Instead I added black license plate screws and installed my EDM keyfob cover picture below. Easiest install yet!
To pay attention to detail so small as to no one will ever see or notice it... can ya tell this man is an enthusiast! [hihi][biggrin][^]

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Put the stock wheels back on (took off the winter set up), because I may be trading it in this week.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Another one bites the dust!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Oh don't worry, I WILL get another once I get back from Europe, but when the opportunity to get a mint condition bone stock Hawkeye STi presents itself, I'm gonna make the jump, for now.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
It was kind of a spur of the moment install. I guess you could do it without removing the cowl, but it really only took 15 minutes to get the headlights, wipers and cowls off. That was the easy part. As in most cases it's the access to the turbo that's the trouble. I would have done the gfb dv+ at the same time as it is pretty easy to get to once the elbow is off. [MENTION=9500]danbfree[/MENTION] let me know when you are going to do it. I might be able to help.
OK, I'll wait until my TS Kompact EM plumb back arrives then, I accidentally ordered the vacuum one instead of the EM solenoid one originally and am in the middle of exchanging it... So I'll be shooting for next weekend but I'm starting to doubt that I'll have it by then... Maybe check in with Xan for a mini meetup. Thanks!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Oh don't worry, I WILL get another once I get back from Europe, but when the opportunity to get a mint condition bone stock Hawkeye STi presents itself, I'm gonna make the jump, for now.

That the blue one that just popped up with like 6k miles absolutely perfect condition?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Spent nearly a week bathing it in dry salt, salt dust, from stem to stern.

Today, drove it through wet salt with a little street beneath it. [:(!][mad][rant]

I'm glad we haven't been getting any snow or ice to speak of, but they keep dumping enough salt on the streets to melt (read: rust-out) an AM General Hummer H2.

There's no point in washing it until we've had a good soaking rain. Otherwise I'm just exposing a fresh layer of metal to salt-water.

I should've took pictures. This sh*ts ridiculous.
Only OEM part on the motorcycle that's been visually affected by the road salt over the years, are the exhaust headers.

Past couple of mornings I could let the FiST continue to sit, sparing it some exposure to these rotting conditions.

If there's one benefit to the "excessive" salting, it's that.

Unfortunately the 'cycle's battery is tiny, and doesn't have the cranking amps for low temperatures. So I have to use the car when the temps dip into the low 20s. (the car actually needs a battery too btw)

This is what is beneath the front headlamp.
(I cleaned-up the area before taking the photo.)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsZJDCN8kMMgaQU-vZDdLWI65-pGg
Water and road salt get beneath the headlamp, and sit.
So there is already a fair amount of rust underneath and next to that white plastic headlamp clamp-down piece.
(when that plastic piece breaks, more can be ordered here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZM5BPW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
I greased it down with a heavy bearing grease, to help reduce corrosion.
That's not the worst part though. See the wire harness behind it? Imagine having salt-water sitting in each of those holes.
Bearing grease would probably break down the seals and plastics. Silicon is safe to use but won't really stick around.
The only thing I did there was shield the front/top part of it using a rubber glove. Covering it in a way that will trap humidity, water, will do more harm than good.
Slathering a ton of dielectric grease should help.